My Crazy Roommate Lost His Shit, Again

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I continue, I'll tell you guys something about The Childhood of Shai.

My mom was schizophrenic. No shit. I got used to having to stay with friends and family when she was on a bad one pretty early on. She'd have long periods of being 100% on the level, then....BOOM. She wasn't violent, I can only remember hitting me once...but, it was bad. I've had the fear of going crazy hanging over my head ever since I found this out when I was 18 or so....the onset is between 18 and 24. I'm probably okay, I get depressed like a motherfucker sometimes, but it probably would have happened by now.

She died of cancer at the age of 44, when I was 11. Sometimes I think she just made up her mind that it was time to go, and put that shit to an end...I'll never really know, you know?

I would never do a lot of the things I say on here. There's a distinct difference between having a mean streak and actually being mean...and, I am not a mean person. Nor am I cruel.

I sincerely hope this guy gets some kind of help, but it's not up to me. That's part of the reason I wasn't completely opposed to having the cops involved. They have resources, I don't.

There's a lingering doubt in my head that this guy has completely had a break with reality. I just learned that he's had several rational conversations with a friend of his...his side of the story is that he just wants us to leave him alone....but he continues to do things that aggravate the situation. I really don't have a clue as to what's going on anymore. If he's fucked up, fine. he needs help, and my compassion. Otherwise, he needs my foot in his ass.

Nothing about the situation makes sense. That's why I decided to get drunk tonight, so I could just let it go for now...I have to go back to court on Friday to start the eviction process, and I'm just not sure if I'm doing right by him or not. But, the decision has been made, and for better or for worse I need to see it through.

I thought a lot of things last night that don't seem to apply now. It's been a lot to take in, and I'm doing pretty well...I mean, I haven't laid the dude out yet.

I sincerely hope this guy gets some kind of help

No doubt, we all do - but some people choose not to helpt hemselves.

punk rock is stupid.
yup, equally as stupid as the hiphop/rave/straightedge/goth/gang scene..

Just because you have a few bad apples doesnt mean the whole basket should get thrwon away.

I can actually relate to this guys situation. Ive been there, Ive played the role as mediator, I never called the cops on anyone living under the same roof as me though. My situation went down in a much worse way, people were hospitalized. Punk rock would have probably been the way to go for that house but as it turned out a bunch rich white kid drug dealers took the house over. I really dont want to get into to it, but I found myself running down the side of mountain falling into cactus patches with a head full of mushrooms @ 3am, thinking my best friend was most likley dead, and the house was getting jacked for everything he had, which were things of substantial value. Some of the kids who were behind the whole thing involved themselves with tagging and breakdancing. And you know damn well they were strung out, washed up candy kids trying to be a gang. Well I had the chance to retaliate, but I didnt take it. All this shit started happening immediatly after I left the country for a few months, I come back to see my one friend and the house is full of strangers. Well, one of the really unstable female housemates flipped out, stop taking her meds and began replacing them with drugs like speed and ketamine ect..So she ended up breaking a bunch of crap and tagging the the garage door with her wack shit. Couple weeks later Im running off a fuckin mountain trippin' balls at the wrong fuckin time. Part of me still wants to get even with these fucks, but I know time will do its part and they will all pay for what they did in thier own way, I know that a few of them had warrants anyway so its just a matter of time till that shit catches up to them.

I now folllow the rule to never trip in the presence of people I dont know well, and I mean really well - Family, and one of my friends who has known me since the 2nd grade.

Everyone makes the wrong choice here or there, I really fucked up - I Didnt have my friends back or the means to think a better solution to the problem because my mind was pre-occupied with something else, not to mention the group of 20, 30 large men who were visiting the 3 roomates that lived there. The whole situation was really fucked up and I didnt start having good trips untill my good friend got back from Iraq..

Cops really do just add to the drama, and they make you look like the bad guy sometimes. The house in question had been a "partyhouse" for a couple years before we moved in and they were really tired of showing up at that pad, especially after they had raided it once already while I was there..If your a of sound mind and have the mental capacity, violence can be overted, and cops dont have to show up.

The house was great before these rich gated community pricks, fresh off mamas titty showed up. We had some new people from the eastcoast living in there and they were all really cool with us on a really friendly level, had legitiment jobs, paid for thier bud and shared with us, we had pretty good Drum N bass shows, Punk shows and regular kickbacks. Those are the memories I treasure the most. As for the people who fucked us over..Well I plan on finding out what happen to them because I have all thier names and the ability to see where they are if they arent on the streets..I plan on visiting their area real soon with my pal, the level 5 fat cap..

I seriously had the chance to really fuck these rich bastards over with more then one group of hooligans but I didnt. They should all consider themselves lucky I didnt jump at the chance, I know some pretty wild people who walk this earth with very little fear for anyone or anything. Eye for an eye just makes the whole world more blind..get em back with graffiti..Its non violent and heats the whole neighborhood up the next day, making it bad for anyone there trying to do anything illegal..in a way its like calling the cops, because they like to patrol the hard hit areas the day after, maybe even the whole week, depending on how much you get done, and what you do it with.

You know, we're completely missing something huge here.

Why can't this guy get the help he needs? It's really simple- when Ronald Reagan was governor, one of the things he did was completely gut the state mental health system....which put scores of desperately ill people on the streets of California.

I'm not saying that this guy belongs in a state hospital...but, the infrastructure that existed around free public mental health care then is history.

Poor people, such as this guy, get dealt with on a triage basis. If they aren't going Charlie Manson in front of a psych eval team, they aren't going anywhere. They get to sweat it out and do whatever feels right at the time, and in this instance, we get to pick up the pieces.

The state mental health budget for 2006-2007 was just under three billion dollars. That seems like a lot, until you take into account how much overage and waste goes on in the form of lobbyists, psychiatrists getting paid $300 an hour, sinecure jobs along the lines of "executive vice-director of community affairs," and let's not forget how much all those fancy drugs they dole out cost....that budget is probably written in red ink before it ever leaves the capital.

Another thing I just remembered is that this girl I used to date a long time ago is basically a street-crazy now, because the hospice she was staying at lost its funding. She had a lot of fucked-up things happen to her some time after we broke up, and it just sent her sailing over the edge one day. I went to see her at the hospice right after she was admitted, and I was glad that the community was able to see its way clear to make a resource like that available.

And now, thanks to funding cuts, she's got to fend for herself now. I haven't seen her in about three years now, but I heard she's not doing too well.

Part of me worries that I'm about to do the same exact thing...but, if he stays, we may all get bounced, and there seems to be no middle path to take here.

Arcel...c'mon, now. You know me. I'm whiter than Bill Cosby, and blacker than Eminem...but it doesn't make a bit of difference right now.

Actually, our black neighbors were saying, "Shit, that boy needs help...what are you gonna do?"

I said, "Well, the cops are on the way...I hate that it came to that, but he's fucking up big time, and he might hurt someone."

The older guy said, "Sometimes you have to do what you don't wanna do to make things right." Summed up the whole thing right there.

As far as what tellurian said, he gets the point. Also, I have years of experience dealing with the comments on here. I don't get stirred, I just back my shit up till it's airtight, and once it's clear that I'm sticking to my guns no matter what, people seem to respect that.

Bot, sounds like you did fine. More power to you.

I'm trying to act on this matter, not react. One takes thought, the other takes passion. Passion has caused me more grief than I care to think about.

This girl I really like used to live here, and she went on tour with her band for the summer. Before she left, she said, "Whatever you do, don't get sucked into the drama that goes on while I'm gone...it's sneaky, you have to watch out. Actually, just get out of there as soon as you can. You're a good guy, you deserve better." I did really well for a month, then WHAMMO!!! Right in the nuts. Well, she was right. I hope this is solved before she gets back, or I'm out of here. She pretty much told me there's no way she'd stay here, too. Ouch.

Where the hell is Kabar? He'd have a whole bunch of ideas about how to solve this mess.

I'm done talking about this for now. This is way weirder than I thought, and it's not the first time I had to deal with it, either.

Thanks for hearing me out...I pray that none of you EVER have to go through this. I will let you know what happens after the eviction papers are filed and served.

I still can't believe I/we have to do this. Jesus.

Is it worth reading?

Well, there's nothing in there about cousin fucking, if that makes your decision any easier.

Shai, best of luck with this whole thing. I can understand your concerns about dumping this guy out onto the street, but you are probably doing the right thing by getting him out of that house. It's definitely a scary prospect to have to put someone you know/ like/ have a history with into a mental institution, but sometimes, it's the best thing. I hope this guy ends up somewhere that he can get the help he needs, rather than, say, the tenderloin at 4 Am.

Well, I just woke up to find out that everybody is moving out. Awesome...I tried to find everybody to talk to them last night but they were too busy off smoking weed at the neighbor's house. I wouldn't have minded that at all....but, three of them called me yesterday saying "I gotta know, I gotta know, tell me, tell me..." All I needed was ten minutes to explain the court situation. I stayed home last night to update everyone, I could have went out myself, but I figured this took precedence. But, no, getting stoned was more important.

You know what? Fuck them. I'm going to get rid of this guy myself, and once he's gone, they'll want to stay. They just aren't strong enough to do it, or be involved in the process.

He thinks he's staying, but he's going, too. He fucked with me this time, and I'm not going to back down from him. He's nobody I know, and nobody I care about anymore.

I'm not 100% I even want to do this legally, anymore- I think it would be a huge time commitment and no one is behind me on it now. Besides, I haven't called in any favors yet- I've got friends that love getting involved in this kind of shit. And, they're very concerned about my well being, so the more of the story I tell them the worse it's going to be.

I'm going back to bed.

I just realized how terrible it would be if the cops were to come one day and find TONS of empty speed baggies and busted crack pipes in his room. Yep, a real fucking tragedy.

Not that I would facilitate that, but...he would start blabbering about conspiracies and cool feds that stole his identity and planted warrants on his record...Everything would just take care of itself.

the second dude picked up an axe and kicked in a door the situation should've been resolved via coma.

no offense, but you're all retarded for letting it get to this point. on top of that: your roommates are idiots for letting some dumbfuck drive them out of their home- unless they just decided that they finally want to get on with their lives and away from other people's bullshit.

i say you either break rick's dome open or abandon ship with everyone else. get a place with said 'long time friend' if you're looking to save some loot.

you and everyone else let shit get way too complicated by being too 'nice' (see: bitch made).

once again, no offense.

Honestly, the best thing to do would have been to call a house meeting and all of you tell homeboy that he has to split because the situation with the undercover feds on trackbikes conducting survailence is freaking yall out and yall don't want to get caught up in dudes beef with the government that's out to get him. Convince him he needs to grow out and dye his hair, grow a beard and hop a freight train to Montana or someshit were the trackbike agents cant find him.

You're house is on The Real World... like every other punk rock house... sucks to be you. Don't move in with a bunch of assholes next time. If you do again, then the only conclusion is that you yourself are an asshole.

Well, it's over. Dude moved out on Friday, and I've been busy covering up the bullshit he painted and trying to sort out the roommate situation as far as who is willing to stay on and who can't stand the drama anymore. What it eventually took was for one guy to sit down and explain to this guy that we weren't responsible for anything that happened to him if he stayed, since we were all so keyed that ANYTHING could happen. He offered to pay him for the balance of the month in cash if he left the next day, and I guess that he finally realized he would be safer elsewhere. On his way out, the took a leak on the front door, but if that makes him feel like a bigger man, then so be it. Among the many things he doesn't seem to understand is that piss washes off...but it won't be easy to explain to his potential roommates why he thinks we kicked his ass to the curb. Oh well, that's his cross to bear.

As for the rest of us, we're getting along really well, actually. Time will tell, I suppose. We're all in agreement as far as what needs to change, and if I stay here beyond October this might actually change into a somewhat decent place to call home...I'm glad this happened in a way, it showed me that we could come together and do something that needed to be done, in spite of whatever personal business we had going on.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out...like I said, I knew what I had to do, I just thought after seeing some of the other roommate stories on here that I finally had one to top them all.

Also, if i came across as irritated with some people, it had a lot to do with my state of mind at the time. I'm not mad, some of you maybe need to go through this to understand that it's never a black-or-white situation when it comes to roommates, especialy crazy roommates.

I'm gonna go make some dinner. Thanks again.

the second dude picked up an axe and kicked in a door the situation should've been resolved via coma.

no offense, but you're all retarded for letting it get to this point. on top of that: your roommates are idiots for letting some dumbfuck drive them out of their home- unless they just decided that they finally want to get on with their lives and away from other people's bullshit.

i say you either break rick's dome open or abandon ship with everyone else. get a place with said 'long time friend' if you're looking to save some loot.

you and everyone else let shit get way too complicated by being too 'nice' (see: bitch made).

once again, no offense.

yeah, 26sidedcube nauiled it on the head

i never really had a tolerance for shitty roomates and i acted upon them the instant they started showing any signs of being worthless pieces of shit.

Shai.....just up and leave. learn from your mistakes and clear out. Next time get a house with normnal types...they may not be as fun but a lot more predictable and good to live with

I will NEVER live with normal people. It's not my style. I've tried, I lived with my ex for a year and she's about as square as it gets...that didn't go too well, as you can see. Then again, I'm far from being your average white guy from the suburbs. I may be from there, but I sure didn't bring it with me.

But, crazy people aren't my style either, so I agree with you on some levels.

Cube did get it about 90% right- I wanted to tell him that he had a couple good points but that he needed to see the bigger picture. I agree that shit needed to get handled but things are often different when you look at them from a third-person perspective. When you're balls-deep, though, that's the real test.

I did okay...like I said, I never had to smack the dude, so I still have a clear conscience.

• 3 weeks later...

you guys cant kick him out,..because 1.it's his house.. and 2. even if it wasnt his house you let him come inside the house, if his name wasnt on the house, then he would have a month to get out of your house, before you could kick him out

alure/ watches cops the show.