Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mainter

Summons For Jury Duty

you are hereby summoned to be available for the ________Common Pleas Court as a trial juror. Jury service is not voluntary, but a civic duty imposed upon all citizens by statute.........blah blah blah

how the hell do i get out of it

on the otherside i get $20 dollars a day still is not by $20 dollars an hour though

discuss

well i would do that but the dates are set for june 12th and june 13th

and i got 5 days to send this in

also they got a thing for rescheduling

FAILURE TO REPORT AS INSTRUCTED MAY SUBJECT YOU TO PENALTY FOR CONTEMPT OF COURT

You have to show up at the place on that date. When you get there, you can tell them you can't serve because you can't afford to miss work, or whatever reason you want to give them. You can postpone it up to two times.

Also, they might ask you a bunch of questions about your beliefs, weeding out those who might have biased opinions. You can use that to get them to dismiss you.

hey if i would say i am a Quaker (religion) you think i could get off because i do not because quakers do no harm to others so it would be a hang jury?????

tell them you are moving out of state or out of that county

.....it worked for me

i got called in for next week. all im going to tell them is i cant afford to miss however many days of work because i wouldnt be able to pay rent. this way if they try to reschedule i can use the same excuse.

they usually dont use the younger crowd unless absolutely necessary, or so i hear.

yeah.. but you miss this time and then the next etc.. until one day they are finally like .. "fuck, where is this dude" and they contact you and you're like "i never recieved any of the 3 different letters for each of the 6 times i was summoned.... yes, that address is correct"

please.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Say you are in the military and are serving out of state.

hmmm well i was thinking i was diagnosed with A.D.D / A.D.H.D / O.D.D when i was younger if i go to the doctor and get a copy of the record that says all that crap maybe it will work

i will try that haha because hell i do not want to sit and listen to some bullshit plea

Seriously, just write that you're a felon..I am, and it always works for me.

the funny thing is during that time you'll proabably just be sitting at home on your computer anyway

i got called twice in 3 months...the first time i didn't get selected and the second time they didn't call my "alternate" group so i didn't actually have to go in for the selection process.

those notices blow.

Don't be such a pussy and just do it. Last time I went I was selected first, had to listen to some lame DUI excuse for two hours, took 10 minutes to decide the bitch was guilty and was out before 2 o'clock. Oh, and was up 13 bucks.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now