Why Do You Write {now, NEW and improved}

Guest ctrl+alt+del

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Handjob
Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

pussy

im in it for the hand over fist pussy i get

To be completely honest, I agree. I didn't even get this laid when I was in a band...

Rock and Roll...

art?

I dunno, I'm very wary about writers who say they are in it for the "art". By and large the writers I've met are mostly concerned with getting up, and every once in a while they trot out the "it's art not crime" bollox to justify their actions. Very few writers i've met are intersted in art AT ALL outside of graff. I feel graff has WAY too much emphasis on "style", true art would have more emphasis on "substance" or "content".

None of this is meant as a stab at writers on this board. I have of course met writers who ARE in it for the art, and I'd like to think thats why I'm doing this.

I see graff as having the potential to be PURE art. When you bomb, its a public performance. You dont get paid - infact it may have cost you a considerable amount personally. You are also running the risk of being arrested. The less you have to gain from painting, the more you can concentrate on doing it for arts sake.

not ups, fame, your ego, the girls, the money, the cred, the scene......

art for art sake.

Wouldn't that be nice? Anyway, nobody take this post personally please, its just the ramblings of an aspiring beatnik, and probably doesn't represent graf very well.

:dazed: and :confused:

destrucrion ?

graffiti was never destruction never will be

how can you destroy somthing by graffiti unless you chuck cans at it hard enuogh

graffiti is not detruction to me its a hobby just............... fishing or stamp collecting

and all this 4th elemet hip hop pish is the stuff thats waisting graff

HipHop is homo ist all bling bling ching ching and graff is only used for album covers and to make the Niggers (usualy white people) mo ardcore and from that streets of the streets nah mean cos they scribble some bolocks tag on a bus shelter

:o

yeah

i try not to ask my self why i write. i only come up with answers like. "i need atention" "im a spoiled white kid with nothing better to do than write on other peoples walls" and "this is the only thing i can be creative with" so instead of asking my self why i do these colourfull little graffiti creations on things that arent mine, i instead just get on with it and enjoy myself. end of story.

• 3 months later...

WE ALL HAVE DIFFER - REASONINGS FOR GETTING INVOLVED IN GRAF WHATS YOURS?

like I said what is your reasoning for getting in volved

My main reason for it was, to send a message to the corperate world and legal systems. In some of my works I have used quotes of political leaders trying to end war/poverty and so on. In others I have u famous quotes from traditional artist

some quotes used are-

Picasso-" every art starts with the destruction"

myself- "we are all born into this world as a politcal prisoner"

not sure if its MartinL/MalcomX-"speak of the truth and it shall set u free"

I also hope messages of abrode capture the readers thoughts and make them see the way I see things. Even though I like to destroy things when I am upset that was not nor will it be the reason I got involved in Graf. Messages will always be disregarded without anyform of liberation or some sort of political movement. This new movement to send political messages through art will hopefully be a movement for society to understand the youth of generations.

There will always be some sort of Renegade but

"a person without a message nor will to create a positive action is a drifting soul"

um yah thats my say whats yours

Guest ctrl+alt+del

I felt like pulling something up. theres a lot of new people on this board since this was posted, so i think that the "im a rich white kid" option might start to catch up with the boogie man.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Re: WE ALL HAVE DIFFER - REASONINGS FOR GETTING INVOLVED IN GRAF WHATS YOURS?

Originally posted by desired

myself- "we are all born into this world as a politcal prisoner"

how do you figure. explain this great thought to me.

Re: WE ALL HAVE DIFFER - REASONINGS FOR GETTING INVOLVED IN GRAF WHATS YOURS?

Originally posted by desired

like I said what is your reasoning for getting in volved

My main reason for it was, to send a message to the corperate world and legal systems. In some of my works I have used quotes of political leaders trying to end war/poverty and so on. In others I have u famous quotes from traditional artist

some quotes used are-

damn when I started I was too young to worry about changing the world.

i just wanted to see my name up. my neighbor was older and got me started. but mostly to see my name up. I had been exposed to gangs for as long as I can remember so graff was not that big a thing to me.

yah g

It makes sense

basically we dont have a choice our own -without being influenced by society(if u will)

we are all guided /enforced by a higher archy thus we are born into this world as a prisoner

hence freedom is not 100% ours

Archived