mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: motorbikes!

IMG_0268.jpg

So i parked next to that kawasaki today.

Dude apparently dropped the bike so the engine was scuffed up

and the rear cowl was broken. Looked like he used a drywall

patch kit to fix the broken cowl and the patch itself was sticking

out, painted over and nasty. The acerbis kit was cool looking

but the dude ran all the friggen wires on the outside of the bike

instead of running them under the tank. Zipties everywhere...

I'm sure you want to take off the frame the fairings bolted

onto if you're trying to clean up the bike.

not the way to go.

Hey Some1, did that GS550E ever give you problems with the charging system? I just installed a new battery and it's already fuming with sulfur which I read is a problem with the stator overcharging. I've got midterms all tomorrow but friday I'm gonna have to find if it's just a dirty connection or if Im gonna have to rewire the charging system and replace the stator + regulator/rectifier ($120-$250 maybe).

If this is the worst case scenario then...

Bike $800

Tires $350

Mirrors $25

Turn signals $16

Battery $88

Stator $120

Regulator/Rectifier $120

-------------

total $1519... just in case anyone's thinking of doing what I tried to do and buy a bike/keep it on the road for under $1000. If you dont plan on dropping the bike I guess you could write off the mirrors and turn signals.

Also (I know I'm boring you dudes but):

Ebay hong-kong bi-xenon hid kit: $80 <----- definitely fucking worth it tho.

White grips: $8 <--- them shits are white.

Helmet + Blue visor: $310

Gloves: $40

Gas: 500 miles = $40

Insurance: $10 a month

My NEW NEW Rear Hugger came in today I am using this one instead shit looks fucking sexy. It has some scratches which looked nasty in the pics they sent but I got it and you cant even see them! $250 hugger well worth the $100 I actually paid because of barely visible scratches...

images%5Clg555512402.jpg

Nah it never did we let it sit too. But also we never drove the thing at all. I would replace that stuff, also did you get a sealed battery because those can't boil out...

Bikes are an expensive hobby especially when you buy used. In the last two months I am a $1000 deep at least and I am just getting started. I am getting new headers and moto gp style cans soon. Not to mention getting it dyno'd so I'll have to get a new power commander too. As well as jacket pants with sliders gloves and new helmet...

Hahaha thanks more making me look like a bitch, crying over a couple hundred for a new charger system.

Hey how bad are the scratches? The gloss coat's not chipped is it? You could always get some gloss cutter and polish that shit out. If the gloss coat is chipped you could ask a body shop to spray a little gloss coat over and then polish it out too... if you wanna get anal about it.. I dunno if they have TAP plastics around where you live but that's something they could definitely find a few solutions for.

Hahaha thanks more making me look like a bitch, crying over a couple hundred for a new charger system.

Hey how bad are the scratches? The gloss coat's not chipped is it? You could always get some gloss cutter and polish that shit out. If the gloss coat is chipped you could ask a body shop to spray a little gloss coat over and then polish it out too... if you wanna get anal about it.. I dunno if they have TAP plastics around where you live but that's something they could definitely find a few solutions for.

Its not chipped just like thin thin scratches and stuff I might have someone hit it with a coat of clear later on if I see any chips but as of right now its like 98% perfect.

I gotta buy a battery too shit I keep forgetting...

I kind of like the place I bought mine from. WestCo. I was thinking the battery I bought was shit but now Im thinking my bike just fucked the battery up. Anyway $80 for a sealed battery, plus one year warentee which I've already had to use. I just called the 800 number, said I needed a new battery and they sent a second one free shipping... and I kept the first.

screw you guys seriously...

Soup you know that you are allowed to get off your bike to take a picture right? hahaha

I wanna get my digital rebel set up so I can show you guys my roads. I am scared to set it up on my tank, I don't want that metal piece the holder screws into to rip out of it. New Englands roads are amazing because some of the older rural towns are still based of of shit from 1700's type shit...

Me thinx insuranc fraud is afoot... or some dude bought the bike insured had it stolen collected insurance $$$ and then sold it again in a foreign country...

I mean you can't part the bike out, the person who stole it was obviously waiting and knew what the bike was.

I dont even know what to say about that desmosedici. That shit got jacked in fucking Santa Monica, a once rough part of LA now overrun by celebrities and apparently douchebag nightclub owners riding $80,000 track bikes to and from friends houses. There arent too many other places in california where you could predict that shit was going to happen.

Wow I never noticed how fucking trick that benelli looks up close. The carbon into forged alu into tubular frame is a trip. The circular chain tensioner...the added testicle pad... Haha CNC'd master cylinder reservoir mount for weight?? Haha clue2 get that thing. The suzuki dealership in town sells Benellis. Jesus it's a beaut.