mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: motorbikes!

Only a picture can describe what I was thinking, but I'm not going to look for it.

Some1, I'm way too far (Phoenix) to get that bike, but I would in a heart beat. My boy from CO is bringing a 06 R6 that's all done up for me to try and sell..I'm kind of excited to have a new bike around so I can go "test" drive it.

Dude V-Twins you hit it anywhere and there is power. I4's its like I hit it and its like .................then BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing 160...all out of no where shit freaks me out.

These kids are like dude how do you wheelie so easy. I am like I have torque everywhere the power doesnt wait to hit at like 16 million rpms. Or the fact that I pull out of corners like 10x's faster...

Most of that depends on the bike/rider combo, but I love v-twins too. One of my roomies had a Monster 750 that I learned to ride on. That bike, to this day, can keep up with my R1 with the right rider.

This is him doing a burnout to get the back tire off, the easy way.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v15/Cluetwo/?action=view&current=Firstattempt.flv

yea sorry dude. Listen and old bike like that is meant to be fucked with. Its meant for you to make every mistake in the book be it riding or mechanical stuff. Seriously use that bike to become mechanically competent with it will save you from making costly mistakes newer more expensive bike...

Today brake fluid changed, clutch fluid changed, oil changed, lights fixed...it was so nice to hear her purring shit was teh sex0rz for sho...

Tomorrow grind off 4 links on my chain and throw it on. Put the plastics on and daddy is in business...so what if its gonna snow monday I am still taking it out...

In that case I have a few Q's.

Ive got a servie manual all printed and and stuff but I figured I'd ask if anyone wants to throw in their two cents.

I've lost chain tension after the spill. Can I just move the back wheel further back or do I have a bigger problem?

Also should I have anything on hand before diving into the engine? I'd like to sort out this running rich problem and this leak: Engine's got oil, or something spilling all over the outside. It's odorless so I dont think it's gas. I think the top cover on the motor isnt sealed completly.

The bike's at 17000 miles and running rich so I think now's a good time to clean the carbs, sort out why the fuck the brake levers are so stiff and useless, sort out the clutch lever and make sure it's completly disengaging the flywheel or whatever bikes have, change its fluids, blah blah blah...

In that case I have a few Q's.

Ive got a servie manual all printed and and stuff but I figured I'd ask if anyone wants to throw in their two cents.

I've lost chain tension after the spill. Can I just move the back wheel further back or do I have a bigger problem?

Also should I have anything on hand before diving into the engine? I'd like to sort out this running rich problem and this leak: Engine's got oil, or something spilling all over the outside. It's odorless so I dont think it's gas. I think the top cover on the motor isnt sealed completly.

The bike's at 17000 miles and running rich so I think now's a good time to clean the carbs, sort out why the fuck the brake levers are so stiff and useless, sort out the clutch lever and make sure it's completly disengaging the flywheel or whatever bikes have, change its fluids, blah blah blah...

You prolly need to adjust the chain its no big deal just look in the manual it'll take you 5 min. Untighten the axle bolt adjust the chain with the reccommended slack make sure the wheel so its straight tighten the axle bolt and your done. At 17000 miles if you are still running the original chain you are going to want to replace it. 16k is where they reccommend you change it. Check the sprockets if you do replace it check for wear and tear if any of these teeth are chipped off or it looks worn then replace those too.

As for the oil spilling out of the engine? umm what part of the engine is it? You may have to replace a gasket or something. If you are cleaning the carbs I did it on my bike the kits arent expensive it just takes some time and patience.

Your clutch look in your manual and adjust it. There should be some sort of trouble shooting guide in it. Your brakes change the fluid in them bleed them then go down check the calipers if they are stiff and useless than you prolly shouldnt be riding like that.

My friend was coming over the day i finished it and he turned off his street hit wicked slow hit sand and went down. Also I fixed the bike that night and it snowed 8inches the next day! WTF! Everything is fixed now I think. I just ordered some new carbon parts last night (they really shouldnt give me credit cards)

www.carbonpartz.net

This guy does custom work he is really good from what everyone says. He hand lays the carbon its wicked good quality.

DSC01327.JPG

hjkfsd.jpg.w300h225.jpg

CBR600 Hugger going on my RC51 its gonna be in black twill weave instead of silver though

600rr1.JPG

Here is the guy who makes the carbon's bike

13334d1197741547-new-exhaust-pix-rc51-gp-3.jpg

Dude that bike is nice wait why is he selling it again? Its not yours you got the blue R1 right?

There's a guy in one of my classes with an R1. It's a cool bike, but my bike sounds way more rediculous. I also like how my mirrors are adjustable so they're not banging so much into car mirrors when I split lanes. At slow speeds i dont really care if they bang against car mirrors, but hitting them at 40-60 miles faster than they're going I wonder if I'm nicking them. It doesnt happen often, but sometimes the dude on the left squeezes me in so I bang the dude on the right (NH). Do you people who have mirrors mounted on the fairings have problems splitting lanes ever?

ALSO, Im curious about helmets. I have a Zox Corsa-R (flat black w/ gold shield, or clear for cold rainy days when i needs the Rain-X.. if you must know)... which you can apparently get for $70 on the interweb. (Mine came with the bike.) Its a cheap helmet but it does the job, except when i try to look behind me, or if there's a good cross wind then it wiggles around. Do all helmets have this problem? Is there any helmets known to be more aero from the side than others? I'm looking to buy a second helmet for either a passenger, or if I know I'm getting something for my money, upgrade the lid I have now.

Dude pretty much that helmet is shit. You are pretty much wearing a $80 cardboard box on your head. Look at this review:

Cons: Cheaply made, how does it pass quality control? Several defects in workmanship. Sun visor sticks down enough for you to see when up. Flip up does not go up high enough, blocks vision. No chin clearance, have to use two hands to close because hits chin and I have no chin. As with other Korean helmets this helmet is much smaller than size states. The quick release is like a car's seatbelt, should be simpiler to use, for example Nolan's quick release, or even the Echo.

Ok heres what you need to do. Arai is one of the best if not THE BEST helmet companies out there. They always have been. Recently I think 2 years ago some of the people from Arai split off and started their own company Scorpion with the same techniques and equal quality for half the price (Arai is usually starting at $500 for a helmet). I have Scorpion all my friends bought the cheap KBC and the GSXR Shoei helmet.

"Dude it shoei and its a $500 helmet!"

Shoei makes great helmets but the good ones are expensive as hell.

Turns out it was shitty as fuck my Scorpion EXO-700 was like $180 and is 100x's better.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/scorpion/

Seriously check them out you will love them. I am gonna buy a EXO-1000 helmet this spring my dad rides Arai and always has but thinks he may change since I bought these helmets.

Helmet fitting should be snug so your cheeks are pushed against your gums but not so much that you are biting your cheeks. If you can hold the front of your helmet and wiggle your head around then the helmet is too big. It should fit snuggly and not move around on your head. Even at 120mph my shit is planted firmly on my dome piece when I look behind me.

for motorcycle gear check out the following

www.motorcyclecloseouts.com by far the best deals i have found on gear.

It pumps to your face...no homo and its only around $300

Scorpion_Exo_1000_blanc_stpz.jpg200x269_EXO-1000_pumpBig.jpg

New Jacket...

image.php?id=33948

Gloves

35899868_8125151_full.gif

And pants...

thumb_127200743440pm.jpg

and for a track day or two this summer I just might splurg the $400 and get a suit. I mean seriously $400 for a one piece suit on that motorcycle closeouts deal how the fuck can you pass that up!?

You'll thank us if you ever have to use it. Get a good helmet, jacket, and gloves. Wear boots if possible, and never wear shorts.

As a rule, I won't even a have one drink if I'm riding my bike. Of course, my bike is much faster, but it still hurts no matter how hard you hit the pavement.

Ive got tomorrow off, so I'll be out buying school crap and hopefully will have time to check out some shops and try on helmets. I'm likely to buy it off the interweb tho. Here's some I saw and thought were good.

susp1rblkhlmt06.jpg

Suomy 1R $349 - http://www.google.com/product_url?q=http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-45294/Suomy/Spec-1R-Solid-Helmets.html%3Fmv_pc%3DGBProducts&fr=AFbmyQzeu02WH98LuF9IUYrHZ0do_o9wpXjX7UyuB_i4AAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

EXO-1000_Solid_Slv_1-low.jpg

Scorpion EXO-1000 $300 - http://www.streetbikerider.com/h-helmets/scorpion/pr-helmets-scorpion-street-2007-exo-1000-solid.htm

81-6740ProfileBlkFrost_sm.jpg

Arai Profile - $350 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARAI-PROFILE-HELMET-BLACK-FROST-S-SMALL_W0QQitemZ330202528117QQcmdZViewItem