<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i guess i should have said that this isn't the computer i am wanting to install it on. i have an old computer that has ubuntu on it from when xp crapped out on me so i suppose i'd have to do a clean install, which is going to be the next thing i have to google.

the readme says not to unzip it.

this one works just fine and i'm not going to risk messing it up with pirated software.

i have a working winzip and winrar.

edit:

xen: just burn the ISO - its already packed to be bootable.

How to use this ISO image

-------------------------

- DO NOT extract the ISO file as you'll lose the information that makes it bootable.

Option #1: Burn to a DVD using your favourite burning program (Nero, ImgBurn etc.) at the SLOWEST speed possible.

Option #2: Install the ISO file to a USB Device (no smaller than 6GB) using the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool.

========================================

An ISO image is a file that contains an exact copy of a CD (or DVD). This can be stored on the hard drive and then be burned onto a CD (or DVD).

v5Ihy9iU-burn-image-s-.png

* To burn an ISO file with Nero 10, simply follow this procedure:

* Insert a CD into the CD DVD

* Go to Start> All Programs> Nero> Nero 10> Nero Burning ROM

* The window "New Compilation" shall open, click on "Cancel"

* Click on the "Recorder" button and select "Burn image."

* Select the ISO file you want to record on disc and click on "Open".

* In the window that opens, click on the "Record" button.

why is ubuntu so gay when installing programs?

it uses the "boot" function to install the studio, then it talked about portioning the entire disk again.

Last time i did that, i couldnt get windows to work.

Also, the wireless on ubuntu acts up too. on windows, im connected all the time to the net. ubuntu connects, then disconnects and cant connect again.

windows and ubuntu are not getting along :lol:

Yeah, prolly best to use a separate hd.

I do have it set up like that. ubuntu messed with the bios, so each time i restart it asks me if it wants to boot ubuntu or windows.

I dont want to partion stuff again cus i dont know how to do it so that it only install it to the second hd (ubuntu) and still keep the option to boot ubuntu or windows.

whats wine?

thats how i messed up in the beginning, i did not install GRUB. Now i have it....

dsc07155a.jpg

ubuntu is having issues with my newtwork, windows isnt....

dsc07156v.jpg

Okay, here is the part i have no clue what to do.

dsc07157z.jpg

I went to manually.....

dsc07158.jpg

i clicked on entire disk (secondary hd 80gig)

dsc07159o.jpg

i dont think im doing it right. maybe i have to click the other portions? which one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I run Win 7 Pro on my laptop. The other day I had some issues, and decided to do a System Restore, the restore point was 1-2 days old.

It worked well, apart from the fact that now a bunch of files that were no my desktop are no longer visible.

If I search for them, they come up and can be opened. And if I try to save them to the desktop I get "do you want to replace file ....". But I can't actually see anything there.

Any ideas?

Hello.

I run Win 7 Pro on my laptop. The other day I had some issues, and decided to do a System Restore, the restore point was 1-2 days old.

It worked well, apart from the fact that now a bunch of files that were no my desktop are no longer visible.

If I search for them, they come up and can be opened. And if I try to save them to the desktop I get "do you want to replace file ....". But I can't actually see anything there.

Any ideas?

Have you tried, right-click (on desktop)>view>show desktop icons?

Do you have show hidden files enabled?

Control panel>(view by: small icons)>folder options>view>Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Have to tried to actually replace those files? and does that work?

Is it only program shortcuts or actual folders with files on them?

were those programs/files that are missing created within those two days that you went back to?

• Like 1

Have you tried, right-click (on desktop)>view>show desktop icons?

Do you have show hidden files enabled?

Control panel>(view by: small icons)>folder options>view>Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Have to tried to actually replace those files? and does that work?

Is it only program shortcuts or actual folders with files on them?

were those programs/files that are missing created within those two days that you went back to?

Show hidden files worked!! Thanks.

The files that were hidden seemed completely random.

Including a bunch of, but not all, music folders - none have been modified in months, all PDF docs, and about half my shortcuts. :confused:

What's up dudes!

I gave in and bought a 500 gig hd for my laptop to replace the 140gig as I was sick of not being able to have all my music, photos and programs on my laptop.

I'm ok with opening my laptop and switching the drive but I don't know what the deal is with the OS.

My laptop was Vista but I upgraded to windows 7 when I was a student for £25.

When I switch the hard drives, what is going to happen to Windows?

My current hard drive has got one of those small parttions for system files but I son really understand it.

Gracias.

Mira,

The programs are installed on the harddrive you are taking out, even the partition is part of the harddrive.

There are two ways to go about this,

1.)Get a windows 7 disc from a reputable tracker/source and use some sort of activation for it, aka. Windows7Loader.

or

2.) Clone the drive that you have using something like Clonezilla or EASESUS Partition Master or something like it.

For this you will need to have both drives hooked up to a computer.

Mira,

The programs are installed on the harddrive you are taking out, even the partition is part of the harddrive.

There are two ways to go about this,

1.)Get a windows 7 disc from a reputable tracker/source and use some sort of activation for it, aka. Windows7Loader.

or

2.) Clone the drive that you have using something like Clonezilla or EASESUS Partition Master or something like it.

For this you will need to have both drives hooked up to a computer.

Thanks man, i did it using option 1.

Didn't take long at all.

Funny how much quicker/easier it was to get Windows 7 illegally than when I paid for it.

Just copying everything back on to the laptop...

now i got a fake "microsoft security essentials alert" window on one of my accounts that wont come off. I tried that malwarebytes anti virus and didnt work, looked online , found "pc doctor" but im not trying to pay.

suggestions?

thanks in advanced

friends computer has this they forgot to renew norton. every program just quits after running for 30 seconds i can't get any thing to install and i can't load the task manager. Can i install Emsisoft onto usb drive from my mac and run it on the affected puter

i hate pc's and there viruses

You probably will not be able to if you said that every program closes after 30 seconds.

I'm assuming its locking you from doing anything else until he "pays for said program."

What is he running? xp, vista, win7?

You might need to boot into safe mode and do it that way. (pressing F8 during boot)

Additionally you could check for any shady programs installed and try to remove them.