<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Copy the files to several CDs or a single DVD. Make sure that you copy them, and don't burn them as audio CD tracks. You'll find your iTunes files in your My Music folder. You can also use an external drive

Put the CD or DVD in the disk drive of your new PC. Drag the song folders from the CD or DVD to the Library icon in the iTunes window. The folders and all the songs in them will be copied into iTunes. (From iTunes, you can also choose File ® "Add to Library" to copy them.)

TIP: If you're selling, scrapping, or giving away a computer that has iTunes installed on it, make sure you "deauthorize" it. If you don't, it will still count as one of the up to five computers you can play iTunes files on. To deauthorize your computer, in iTunes select Advanced ® Deauthorize Computer, select Deauthorize Computer for Apple Account, and enter your Apple ID and password.

good look....and about how many cd's do you think it would it take to for about 2000 songs??? i dont wanna get halfway through it and run out of cds

Yo Casek or whoever,

Got a question about Peerblock.

When I look at my blocked history:

Why are there so many universities and what exactly are they trying to do?

I also have some Arab oil company.

and Sony.

Just interested in what these companies are actually doing

Yo Casek or whoever,

Got a question about Peerblock.

When I look at my blocked history:

Why are there so many universities and what exactly are they trying to do?

I also have some Arab oil company.

and Sony.

Just interested in what these companies are actually doing

Could be anything. Uni's are scanning for copyright infringement, usually on their own

networks. Probably something you're downloading. One of the sources probably comes from there.

As for oil companies, dunno. Maybe same thing?

Couple questions regarding Windows 7...

1: I'm moving my desktop from xp to w7 and when reinstalling apps (mostly cracked), I keep getting harassed by administrative rights. How can I disable that? I am the administrator and the only profile, I want that ish to go away.

2: I am also trying to establish a homegroup, however with both computers connected, w7 wants me to create 2 homegroups in which both computers cant connect. What is an easy way of getting this homegroup bizness started?

3: lastly... how the eff do I get my icons small... this shit is enormous.

Thank much

/frustratedoner

go into start menu

in that little search bar type "UAC"

it standsa for user account control

turn it ALL the way off

OK i know i'm normally giving not taking in here but hey i'm a mac to avoid shit like this

i installed windows 7 on boss's laptop dell inspiron 6000 it just barely qualifies on all the minimum requirements after some driver tinkering it seems to be running great except if it goes into hibernation when it wakes it can't see the Ethernet jack unless you run the diagnostics

any help would be great

Ive been trying to stop my parents computer from running slow as shit.

I've uninstalled as much shit as possible, run defreg, CCLEAner, took out Norton and disable as many startup processes as I could...

and it has made a difference, especially to startup time, but it is still fucking slow, sluggish and unresponsive.

I would say they got it about 2003. It runs XP.

Is upgrading RAM (from 512) likely to help speed it up or is it just dying a slow death?

Ive never upgraded asnything before.

It is also makes a loud noise. almost like a buzzing grinding noise. like a cross between someone revving an engine and someone dragging a boulder up a mountain. any idea what that is? im guessing not the fan

Ive been trying to stop my parents computer from running slow as shit.

I've uninstalled as much shit as possible, run defreg, CCLEAner, took out Norton and disable as many startup processes as I could...

and it has made a difference, especially to startup time, but it is still fucking slow, sluggish and unresponsive.

I would say they got it about 2003. It runs XP.

Is upgrading RAM (from 512) likely to help speed it up or is it just dying a slow death?

Ive never upgraded asnything before.

It is also makes a loud noise. almost like a buzzing grinding noise. like a cross between someone revving an engine and someone dragging a boulder up a mountain. any idea what that is? im guessing not the fan

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

The ram upgrade will help a ton. Also consider getting them a newer videocard.

I've used this trick a million times and made an old pc come to life with a simple

upgrade.

Cheers, Casek cant prop you anymore but the thought is there.

Out of interest, how exactly would a better videocard help?

I always assumed videocards were something to worry about for people that are hardcore gamers!

also, any thoughts on what might be causing the noise?

• Like 1

Cheers, Casek cant prop you anymore but the thought is there.

Out of interest, how exactly would a better videocard help?

I always assumed videocards were something to worry about for people that are hardcore gamers!

also, any thoughts on what might be causing the noise?

Noise:

Get some canned air and blow the fans out. Turn off the computer, hold the fan blades in place so they don't spend, and blow the dust and shit out.

If that doesn't take care of the noise, either replace the fans or pull the sticker on top/middle off and drop (carefully) one drop of wd-40 in.

Videocard: videocards take strain off of the processor by processing graphics separately.

I wouldn't go really high end. If it's an older pc, you might find a nice 512 meg (ram) card

for under $100 (U.S.). Check and make sure you know if your pc is AGP or PCI-E.

How Comes I Use To Be Able To Select My PM's At The Top Of The Page And Now I Can't? It Doesn't Even Show My Name Up There Anymore... How Do I Get It Back?

I Can Still Post And Get PM's But If I Want To Get To My Old PM's I Have To First Click Send A PM To A Random User, Then Go To The Side Menu And Select "List Messages"... The Shits Weak Sauce...

OK i know i'm normally giving not taking in here but hey i'm a mac to avoid shit like this

i installed windows 7 on boss's laptop dell inspiron 6000 it just barely qualifies on all the minimum requirements after some driver tinkering it seems to be running great except if it goes into hibernation when it wakes it can't see the Ethernet jack unless you run the diagnostics

any help would be great

as i said with the powercfg will give you some options to configure the hibernation settings, but you might also get an error saying yer firmware is unable to preform some actions

update the bios ( and sense it is at minimum ratings you just might be out of luck on the updates

So I spilled water on my keyboard and immediately dried off what I could with a towel.

Somehow I must have hit some keys that resulted in it speaking everything I type, every window that pops up, when one enlarges or minimizes.

I'm going nuts.

Running OS X.

Any help? Google searches are just hitting the text to speech function, that isn't what I have enabled.

It's like some kind of assistance for the blind or something.

im sorry but i really laughed out loud at this

as part of my studies ive been taking a general community college certification.

Its pretty broad in its focus but ive been learning a lot. I am just kind of concerned

that its too generic. Comprehensive... its 48 credit hours worth of classwork but still.

So i also have all these Microsoft resources that ive been looking at. Everything i would

need to prepare for and take certification tests. I'm kinda a noob. I feel like i should

start at the bottom and i have MCSE microsoft press books. All of them but my concern

is that before too very long MCSE will no longer be valid. After earning MCSE cert.

1 additional test earns you all 3 MCTP certs. An additional test and you become MCITP-SA

and 1 more will earn you MCITP-EA.

Now im looking at this and realize that this is a monumental task. Lots of prep, lots of tests,

lots of stress.

As far as i can tell...If i really get it in i could probably do most of this in a year and a half.

My question to all of you. MCSE has been around since 03. Microsoft scraps old certs

every 7-10 years. When they decide to discontinue the old certifications like MCSE do they

give MCSE holders sufficient time to upgrade or are you just screwed? I would

just feel fucking terrible if i was to do all this and just as i finish my achievements are

for nothing. I know that MCSE is not going to remain valid for ever. I realize that it is due

to expire sooner than later. If i got the MCSE and they were like... ok people with the MCSE

have a year to upgrade i would be chill with this but im not sure if they operate like that.

At the same time i realize that the skills included in MCSE should overlap with

the new hookups. While there have been alot of changes alot still remains the same. Plus

alot of companies still use 2003 and will continue to use 2003. I dont consider learning these

skills to be a waste of time but i want valid certs if im going to go through all the bullshit.

So... insite would be appreciated. Alternative paths or suggestions as well. I appreciate any

advice shot my way. The other thing i could add. The only money i expect to come off

in this pursuit if i do decide to do this would be for the tests. I already have everything i need

and plan to do this on the cheap