<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Ok gents, need some help.

Bought a internet camera designed to be viewed remotely via the interweb. I set up my router so that I can now access it from any browser. Still can't figure out how to see my camera. I gave it a static IP address so that it's always the same from my router, but I'm confused on how I would access that via the internet.

Casek or Seffiks I'm willing to give you access to my router if you think that may help, but if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've got the full manual on my desktop, and I keep browsing through it, but it hasn't helped me determine how to access it remotely.

LAN wise, I'm watching myself type this, it's the WAN area I'm having issues with. Would you think that the camera would have a unique IP that I could type into a browser? I assigned it a static IP of 192.168.1.3 on my router, but I only did that in case the router decided to change it if the power was turned off or something,,

I've got the full manual on my desktop, and I keep browsing through it, but it hasn't helped me determine how to access it remotely.

LAN wise, I'm watching myself type this, it's the WAN area I'm having issues with. Would you think that the camera would have a unique IP that I could type into a browser? I assigned it a static IP of 192.168.1.3 on my router, but I only did that in case the router decided to change it if the power was turned off or something,,

http://www.mydlink.com/

Beer spilled next to laptop.

Let it dry for days after immediately turning it off.

Turned it on few days later and it worked.

2 weeks later I let it run until the battery went dead.

Charged and turned it on and now the screen is barely visible.

Is it dead or is it the video card?

Or can I take it apart and clean it out?

Lesson learned about drinks near my laptop by the way.

PS- hard drive still runs and everything else works. It's just the screen that is reall faint unless under bright, bright light.

Beer spilled next to laptop.

Let it dry for days after immediately turning it off.

Turned it on few days later and it worked.

2 weeks later I let it run until the battery went dead.

Charged and turned it on and now the screen is barely visible.

Is it dead or is it the video card?

Or can I take it apart and clean it out?

Lesson learned about drinks near my laptop by the way.

PS- hard drive still runs and everything else works. It's just the screen that is reall faint unless under bright, bright light.

Inverter probably went bad. Easy to replace yourself sometimes.

Ebay the model and you might be able to find one.

How do you reset a Mac's admin password without knowing the old one? My girls Leopard OS was installed with her friends OS disk, when she tried her friends password it didnt work on hers.

Google results showed you should reboot then hold down apple key + S and a command prompt is suppose to pop up after a chime, but it didnt. So yeeaahh, I dont know shit about macs and if anyone could help me that'd be great!