Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

The surgical masks will trap paint on it, so you will practically be huffing paint. But yeah, wearing a respirator when you paint is like wearing a condom when you have sex in a counrty with a high AIDS rate. Common.Fucking.Sense.

You kids who don't where a respirator think you're tough?

Let's see how tough you are when you piss yourself all the time and have drool on your shirt.

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah the other day i did a blue fill and when i got home i blew my nose and there was blue paint on the kleenex. thatsa no good! i always wear the gloves tho. oh and when bombing and you dont want to wear latex gloves you can always wear normal cotton gloves that have grips on the palms and fingers. they work like a charm

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby

^^ you can always get free gloves when you go to the doctors office. and paint stores will usually give you gloves for free

just go to the doctors with a backpack and take a few boxes cause doctors office visits are not cheap

• 3 weeks later...

I'm good with the mask but the latex gloves really bother me. Sometimes I wonder how healthy it is to restrict your hands from recieving oxygen and if wearing latex gloves for long hours can cause its own problems like arthritis in your hands. Does anyone know of any other type of gloves that can do the job without soficating your hands? Sometimes summer days in Virginia can be unbearable. I don't mind if a little paint seeps through the gloves sometimes just as long as my hands could breath.

Originally posted by Tommy Url

I'm good with the mask but the latex gloves really bother me. Sometimes I wonder how healthy it is to restrict your hands from recieving oxygen and if wearing latex gloves for long hours can cause its own problems like arthritis in your hands. Does anyone know of any other type of gloves that can do the job without soficating your hands? Sometimes summer days in Virginia can be unbearable. I don't mind if a little paint seeps through the gloves sometimes just as long as my hands could breath.

just get some simple cotton gloves with grips on the palms. theyre a lot more comfortable than latex ones, they dont rip easily, and they dont get all sweaty and sticky. but you gotta get some with grips on them or else...

Originally posted by MentOne

Most of the safety precautions you can take are fairly practical as well... The mask covers your face, and no paint on the hands with latex gloves... Everyone knows after a hard night of bombing w/o, you've got rainbow hands, and the fuzz tends to check for that if they recieve any calls from nosey individuals... Thats why I started wearing masks and shit, then I took a vocational class in school and realized the importance of protecting yourself from inhaling these chemicals...

haha who cares i sure as hell dont

if u smoke your gunna die and look sick

if u breath in smog the same

everything either way will fuck you up so who cares

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yea its good 2 wear gloves and masks. ive been paintin a few years and have noticed dat my memory is pants and wen i paint i breath heavy! and n e way if u wear gloves wen paintin ilegaly u can get ur way outa stuff cos u can throwaway da gloves and u wont have no paint on ur hands 4 da feds 2 c!!! :p

this is some scary shit!

least now i know why i always felt fucked after a long patch of painting.

and why i exercise a lot but still have the shittest lung capacity, it fuckin hurts when i sprint for a small distance

must buy/rack mask an gloves

No small masks dont work and u do need to use a respirator. The bad part for me is that im actually already pretty forgetful and the last time i went painting i could taste that shit in mouth after words but nuthing satisfied the taste of krylon in my mouth. And latex gloves out in NM sux they get all sweaty and shit and my hands become wrinkly. It bugs the fuck outta me sometimes too. But its worth it cause when u get popped and no paint on ur hands u scott free unless a witness identifies you. My bro has also woken up where he couldnt breath and blowing paint outta hise nose so its some crazy shit.

• 3 weeks later...

haha dont worry all the dumb writers will die out and the safe ones will pass their ways on. i use respirator and gloves when im peicing, but not when im bombing. well, ill use gloves when im peicing. kids--make your parents buy your masks. "im not gonna spend my allowance on a mask, i gotta get the new vik vaughn. but im coming home with headaches".

there ya go

• 1 month later...

Light Effective Respirators

When i go piecing i use my mask.. but bombing is a whole different story.. Having the metal cartridges makes it clumsy to work with in hot spots.. I still use my mask consistently but was wondering what kind of mask u cats use on your bomb runs? Its kinda obvious if you're rocking a mask @ the same time being stealth.. any1 have flicks of the mask they use? or if any1 can recomend a quality yet lightweight respirator with possibly 1 cartridge for quick and easy access? it'd b much appreciated;)

Archived