Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^your right i better not take any chances. i walked down to my local

Home depot, they had respirators for 40 dollars, its money i dont have

since im still in high school i figure i better get all the stupid shit i do in my life out of the way and steal one. any words of wisdom from the adults?

Graffiti is an expensive habit, wether you are getting spray paint, respirators, markers, or rolling paint. I suggest you get a job and blow all your whole pay checks on paint and other shit while you still can, because in a year or to you'll have bills to pay as well as taxes..

i have a 3m mask, it's a savage little guy. i've had it now for a couple of years... i was in high school when i got it and it was $40... if i paid for it... but i threw it into my bag when i was getting cans. gloves are cool to, i have a bag of gloves but if you become a stone cold savage you wont need gloves... you just gotta learn to be like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think after reading this, most people will be convinced to wear a mask and gloves. But I really cant stress this enough, WEAR A FUCKING MASK, I've had a friend pissing blood, and yes, I've been experiencing memory loss. At this point in a 20 word sentence I'll have to stop and think about what I was saying, even when I'm typing this i've had to stop a few times to remember what I had already thought up. I wear a mask now, I wear gloves, all of that shit, I suggest you do the same. If you care about your health at least.

safety first!!

its good to see that people take their health seriously. I want to be able to paint when I hit forty or fifty. I am a painter by trade and I can attest to the importance of respirators, gloves, and proper ventilation. If you are painting indoors, open windows and doors. Run a fan if possible. Usually by the time you notice that fumes have gone to your head its way too late. Ever finish and taste paint on your breath? This is a sure sign that you've overexposed yourself to solvents, namely xylene. I've heard nasty stories of painters, grafitti and career, who shake, stutter and piss themselves. Not cool. So don't be so macho as to put your health at risk. When you piece, wear a fucking respirator(osha/niosh approved), wear gloves, and use adequate ventilation. Also, respirator cartriges are only good for 24 hours. They are required by law to replace them everyday on union jobs. So don't wait until your respirator fails. If you buy paint, buy a respirator. If you rack paint, rack a respirator. Have fun and stay healthy.

• 3 weeks later...

It only took me meeting iz the wiz and him telling me about that shit he went through in person for me to go out the next day and come up on one.

I had seen that shit earlier on style wars but i was like "naw fuck that, he was probably a dumbass, i know he huffed that shit on the side" But he told me about beeing hooked up to tubes, and feeling like he was going to die. And that just did it for me.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Apr 27 2005, 02:51 PM

It only took me meeting iz the wiz and him telling me about that shit he went through in person for me to go out the next day and come up on one.

I had seen that shit earlier on style wars but i was like "naw fuck that, he was probably a dumbass, i know he huffed that shit on the side" But he told me about beeing hooked up to tubes, and feeling like he was going to die. And that just did it for me.

after spraying everyday on my own at even at work without a mask.. its finally starting to take its tolls on me. I keep getting the shakes. its scary shit guys. I wake myself up at night sometimes with the shakes. My eyes twitch and shit all the time too along with my face.

Too bad I just got fired from my old job a few days ago or else I'd file OSHA claims against my old work for fucking up my head in a closed space with no masks.

I'm still going to paint, but after my scares recently.. I'm most certainly buying a mask. I don't want to be a vegetable from paint. :yuck:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dont know if im the first one to try this, but i the other day i happened to have both paint on my hands and a can of WD-40 on me. so i figured it was worth a shot. it worked awesome. paint came off very easy. so i was thinking for those of you who dont bomb with gloves or whatever, it cant hurt to have a mini can of WD on you. hope i helped somebody with this. peace

Originally posted by NONE-but-this-ONE@Jan 7 2005, 12:34 PM

Ive always worn a bandana around my face and tucked the bottom into the neck of my shirt so the fumes wouldnt go under it...does anyone know if this actually helps keep you safe? cause i dont smell fumes when i do it so ive assumed it does

No it doesn't work. And a wet bandana doesn't work either. The threads are too far apart to do any good.

• 3 weeks later...

How harmfull is krink and similar shit like it to have on your hands. That shit usually doesnt come off wit soap n water so I use a rag dipped in thinner to wipe my hands off. After you wash that shit off can you get down on some burgers and frys, or should you worry about that shit soakin into the food????????

• 2 weeks later...

WEAR A MASK! (resperator). I have a mask but i went out tonight and didnt wear my mask for 5 minutes and found myself with a headache and a heavy cough ( :yuck: :shook: :burn: ). Bad news. If you do forget to wear a mask eat and drink afterwards. It helped me. Dont know if it was just a coindence though my gut says it wasnt. I will never neglect to wear my mask ever again.

hey everyone,,i know not many ppl mite take any notice of me because i am only 15..and i know its been said so many times but its very important to wear a mask and gloves..

like im only 15 and ive been paintin for a good few years now and over the past year ive developed all shit like coughin up blood,,really bad headaches,dizzyness and other things like that...

its so shite,,i cant play football aswell as i used to b able to cos if i run to much i cant breath nd i get dizzy and a few times ive even collapsed!!nd its all cos of inhalin the paint by not wearin a mask..

so plz every one,,wear a mask nd gloves..

peace!!

question for all you heads that know alot of health shit, i have a resporator and use it and i resently started wearing gloves, but for at least a year or more id ddint. now at about 12-1 in the morning my pinky and sometimes ring finger go numb on both hands.........its been happening every night for about a month. could this be due to paint?

it wouldnt suprise me.

If you do forget to wear a mask eat and drink afterwards. It helped me. Dont know if it was just a coindence though my gut says it wasnt. I will never neglect to wear my mask ever again.

i think that eating does help. it seems to kinda calm my stomach afterwards. stopped me throwing-up (my food) when i didnt use a mask. :yuck:

i never see any of the pros use reserators, even when there doing the hugest walls. Is this because you dont need to use one outside or is montana paint not as bad for you??? or do they just not give a f--k, or havnt read this thread, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived