Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

I have a question:

Is it dangerous to spraypaint a kids (1 year old) bedroom wall?

He'll be out of the house for 24 hours while I paint.

just wanted to know if the paint continues to be evil and toxic once it is dry. Also, what if he starts licking the walls?

Should i use some kind of non-gloss outer layer?

Thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spraypaint usually contains lead so i dont think it's a good idea...

negative....Most if not all spray paint companies have banned the use of lead in their products I'd say the early 80's maybe. I have cans that date back to 1980 that says lead free- Usually itll say it on the back but it is super illegal to make spray paint with that chem in it.

yeah, I was kind of aware of that too.

Will be using montana blacks (several colors - not chromes)

I just need to know if the paint poses a danger after it has dried...

Id hit up Montanas website. I think that they have FAQ on there too so, yeah, check it out... Maybe they already covered this type of issue.

yeah,

I've already got one from them - and this week i'm buying their 24-pack which comes with a respirator - that's all good for me - but the fun of the room will be less for the kid if he has to wear one whenever he goes in there!

Have already been on montana website and couldn't find the answers - will look again

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

well sprayin safe is nearly IMPOSSIBLE.

though a respirator will protect u from paint dust and flecks,

the GAS and PROPELLANT emitted from the can, are not only FLAMMABLE,

but deadly.

SO THERE IS NO WAYTO SPRAY SAFELY.

Chlorofluorocarbon gasses (CFCs) were originally used as propellants but these were banned from use in 1978 because it was discovered that they deplete the ozone layer. Other gasses like butane and propane were used as replacements for CFCs.To solve these problems, a new class of propellants known as Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) where developed for use in aerosols. These include and 1,1,-difluoroethane (Propellant 152A) and 1, 1, 1, 2,-tetrafluoromethane (Propellant 134A).

but i dont care, i love painting.

Yo, This thread is GENIUS. I'm pretty new to the scene and so I've been gettin' up w/ sticker slaps and my Cheap and Trusty MARKS-A-LOT. (Yeah, I dig Avery merch). I'm OCD and Hypochondriac so just reading this makes me light-headed and panicky but I know, It's good for me. I've been straight-up scared of paint-fumes and shit like that since 5th grade, Hell, I'm a Senior and I won't hardly touch a Sharpie. So I've had to overcome alot of fear in order to be a Writer. I've got this fat "sharpie" thing I tag with and It's just an off-da-shelf magic marker and it smells to high-heavens so I can't imagine what a mop or a can might put out. Hell, I probably get dizzier than any of ya'll cuz instead of breathing fumes, I hold my breath when I write sharpie, LOL. I've worked with paint before but my experience there is limited. You couldn't get me NEAR a can of paint w/o a mask now. And if ur strapped for cash (like me) make no excuses: MASK FIRST, PAINT SECOND. Besides, If the Writers on ur block no anything than they'll know ur a TOY if u show up w/o the proppa equip.

Sharpies probably won't kill you, I'm just paranoid (just don't huff 'em, lol)

But I'm glad that I know to get a mask wrapped around my face before my hands wrapped around a can.

Peace Ya'll,

Lotus_

(p.s. I know there's a LOTUS on the board already, I don't want beef man, I've been writing lotus for awhile and I'm kinda attached. If u get really up, I guess I'll have to write Lotus2 :) I don't mean to get down on ur ground

You might be developing a case of carpal tunnel. It's a tendon disorder associated with a repetitive movement, like typing, writing, or pulling. The best thing to do is see a doctor, and there's various treatments. I've had it for years, and it manifests itself as a spasm so that my hand loses all it's strength, and I can't grasp or hold onto objects for a short time. It's like my hand got a huge dose of anasthetic, and I can't move it properly.

my mum has carpal tunnel and she has to have an op to cut a piece of muscle or summat

hey guys im having a serious problem with zombies. everytime i try to go paint at night the zombies come out and try and eat me. what should i do??

ok this is what you do... take a cricket bat and wack the shit out that zombie mutha fucka. lol

Archived