Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

paint is bad for you but smell good

you should always try to wear a respirator a. you don't want paint in you lungs b. paint on your hands sucks and its incriminating and c. no it is not funny when you pull out ultra flat black boogers. you'll lose braincells and start sounding like writers from ny,

s l o w .

somedays i feel like i have no air in my lungs and that shit annoys me. anyone ever painted in a room with no air ventalation, breaths in fuck loads of fumes, when you exit the building or whatever you can taste the paint in your throat and when you spit it's not clear it comes out as the colour paint you've been using for the last hour or so. fuck i need new lungs and health!!

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know whether this has been asked before, but here goes...

- What if you wear a scarf or a balaclava over your mouth? I know this probably wont help as much as a proper mask but does it do any good??

- Do gloves cause any damage to your skin? I saw someone posted an article on the first page about the dangers of them but I dont really understand how they can damge you...

Originally posted by --zeSto--

Even storm drains and gulleys could be the end of it.

[/b]

One thing I haven't seen posted is shit about gulleys and what have you. Anybody ever hear of a flash flood. I laughed the first time I heard about it, but son, you won't be laughing when an eight foot high wall of water is rushing down at 80 mph on you when you're on the banks of something like the LA river trying to clean up your shit when it starts raining. In high flood areas, when you paint things down in storm gulleys, be aware. There's a reason why they call them "flash" floods. One minute it starts raining, the next, and you're in a world of hurt.

End of Line

• 2 weeks later...

Thats Some Wak Shit

I never really thought about the bladder and shit lol after hearing all the shit in this forum im goin straight to the fuckn hardware shop lol but i mean seroiusly cops come and you have gloves and a mask on its just obvuios that ur painting lol i mean what can u do in that situation! When ur talking about wearing the mask is that like mainly when your doing a piece or do u mean even when your bombin. What can happen from not wearing gloves??

in the style wars extras iz the wiz is talking about how he was being fed intravenously (sp?) for 4 months because of all the fumes and shit that fucked up his liver and all that. then they show him painting a piece and if i remember correctly he was only wearing a bandana. seems sorta negligent, especially coming from a guy who said hed trade graf back for his health.

Originally posted by jakepaints

in the style wars extras iz the wiz is talking about how he was being fed intravenously (sp?) for 4 months because of all the fumes and shit that fucked up his liver and all that. then they show him painting a piece and if i remember correctly he was only wearing a bandana. seems sorta negligent, especially coming from a guy who said hed trade graf back for his health.

i'm willing to trade a cop run in with the risks of not painting with a mask. I got a brand new respirator last week at home depot and It sure is worth the 30 bucks.

just thought id tell some "early symptoms" that ive gotten from neglecting to using a mask. i can barely breath solely through my nose any more-it consistantly feels as if its blocked when its not, ive also contracted a weezy cough that ive been carrying for the past 3years. i just thought id comment also on what alot of poele have said-that they still get hedaches or dizzyness whilst they have worn a mask, i think this has to do with the fact that your getting a much lower amount of oxygen intake as opposed to not wearing 1 at all(with no fumes lingering in the air)-just think how a mask restricts the amnt of air we breath if you cant really get what im saying, cause i usually feel really out of breath having been wearing 1 for awhile. alot of this thread has made me paranoid but in doing so also made me aware

cheers 4 the info.

Guest rob deer

besides reading stuff like this...reasons I wear a mask when ever I can...and have started using gloves when ever they're around

1. I basically drive drunk after painting

2. I shake in the morning like I'm an alchoholic at times and I drink on average 1 beer a day

and my scary ass hospital story...

ok, i admit it I'm a weirdo. Once, after smoking a blunt and feeling good after rocking a couple trains by myself...I figure, hey, why not induldge myself and beat off. Sorry. So anyway, about a week later I get these bumps on my dick, just a few, but I was with a girl who I had heard rumors about from jelous hoes apparently, so I kicked her to the curb and hit up the doctor. in the scariest moment of my life I wipped it out for him and he said, ahh, ok, you can put that back...my guess is that when you peed you had some sort of chemical on your hands, pop em and they'll go away. (sounds like some guy from his chemistry class went out like this.) it was contact dermititis. seeing blood on your wenis is not cool, you dont' feel like you can hit the bars with scabs, and I lost the gutter punk girl with the baddest kung-fu grip and psycho stabber eyes, and I'd probably have to be airbrushed just a little if I was ever in playgirl.

play safe and teach your girl to paint

• 2 weeks later...

the heavy metals that paints contain reside in your body basically until you die, and the kind of damage they can cause to your brain and other intenal organs is quite scary.. if underarm deodorant can cause cancer.. imagine what a solution of carbon black, cadmium, xylene, toulene, among other things can do to your body

on the real tho, do play it safe, if there's any chance you're going to get busted doing graff, you probably will, with or without a mask, so wear one! and if any of you work at food places, steal gloves from there...

seriously, and going out in the cold, make sure you double up, we're all going to be so fucked up when we're older from bombing and shit...

• 3 weeks later...

after only about a year of writing and my hate towards masks ive developed a respiratory problem...sometimes its hard to beath, i wake up in the morning and cough up paint sometimes, short term memory? thats a forgein word. dont forget all those brain cells ive said goodbye to. i do however like the feel of gloves, so i always wear those when painting, and sometimes when not(hey, who doesnt like to feel like a doctor every once in a wile:crazy: ). and yet to this day i still dotn have a mask......for all you kids who have the money for one..its deffinately worth getting:dazed:

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the safety precautions you can take are fairly practical as well... The mask covers your face, and no paint on the hands with latex gloves... Everyone knows after a hard night of bombing w/o, you've got rainbow hands, and the fuzz tends to check for that if they recieve any calls from nosey individuals... Thats why I started wearing masks and shit, then I took a vocational class in school and realized the importance of protecting yourself from inhaling these chemicals...

Archived