Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry pal. That doesn't do the trick. You might be blocking the paint particles, but the fumes expelled with the paint are gas, and will go right through cloth.

Gas masks have filters filed with charcoal, which soaks up the gases and paint particles. Covering your mouth with your sleeve or a dust mask doesn't really block anything. The gas passes right through the fibers. I guess it's better than nothing at all.

although masks cost about 40 bucks or so, they're well worth it. A leaky bladder and cancer will set you back a whole lot more. The other thing -- to prolong the life of your mask, store it in a large ziploc bag or some airtight container. otherwise the mask is constantly filtering the air around it. and if you put your nose to the filters and they smell anything like paint its time to discard them for new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah paint is sketchy...With the getting in your eyes thing, I don't know what you can do about that, just watch where you're spraying, and try to get out of the way if it floats near you..Cos I got it in my eyes last night and it stings, it can't be good...

And I think this may have been said before, but I'll say it again for effect...Drink water before you go out for a paint, cos it stops the paint from soaking into you......

Have fun and goodnight....

A lot of old school NY guys are experiencing some serious health problems from never using a mask and painting in tunnels and all that. Cancer, kidney problems, lung problems, brain problems.... I don't want to go into specifics out of respect for people's privacy, but it catches up to you. Your life is just as precious to you when you're 20 and when you're 50. It's tough to keep it real when you're on oxygen or have to get dialysis. Not to mention reproductive harm.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by HAL

Painting indoors is pretty much the worst thing you can do.

in addition, maybe not quite as relevant, painting canvas or boards whathaveyou,

and then bringing them in your house anytime earlier than a good full day is not

very good either. leave that shit outside to air out and dry.

• 2 weeks later...

i just purchased a new top quality resperater the other day... after throwing down a 4 hour piece i felt GREAT! not dizzy or sick or anything... never painting without it again!

• 2 weeks later...

I found a nice mask with like a dozen new filters in this abandoned factory, it did me good for a while, but was really drunk one night and let someone borrow it, then he went to jail for a long time...so I need a new one now. I think it's essential to wear gloves, as well, in case shit goes down with the 5-0 you won't be caught red-handed. I hear you can get out of trouble easily as long as there's no paint on your hands, no evidence, I guess.

whoa

i had a friend off in tha westside who used to bomb a lot, and he would be complainin about liteheadness and shits then one day he blew his nose, and his snot was blue (cuz we were lovin that rusto) but now hes developin like "pothead symptoms" delayed reactions and shit, forgetfulness headaches, diffulculty in breathing all that bad stuff. So what i am saying is wear a mask, get them gloves on and be safe

One day

One day I was walking in the dark and out of the blue a dog starts attacking me. I first reaction was 2 bark back,lol (naw man).

So I grabbed 2 cans in my bag and aimed it at the dogs face, and sprayed and sparyed until the face of the dog turned blue. Eventually the dog fell 2 the ground and I was safe.

moral of the story is spraypaint saved my life. yup said 2 say it but who knows what that dog could have done.

in a closing note when U c a mean dog just bring out the spraypaint and spray and end up being safe

yikes...tics,liver,kidney and bladder problems aren't too keen in my eyes. fuck gettin my nerves messed up.thanks for all the info ...I had heard of some of this from BTS but hadn't known how rough it gets.

gotta get a mask and gloves

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey this is a little off topic but what the hell.

I'm starting to get tendonitis from painting-I'm thinking I might have to switch up hands in order to continue, which'll be fricking hard. Last time I went out painting, I couldn't even open the fridge for a couple of days after. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions or ideas?

Fuck pilots. They wont do that much. Just wash your hands off that night. If you wanna be paraniod about it, use Steal Wool and scratch your hands. It hurts and leaves you with bad, kinda rough skin, but it gets the job done. Use lotion and mosterizeres if u use the steal wool.

Guest 5starstyle
Originally posted by ana

I'm starting to get tendonitis from painting-I'm thinking I might have to switch up hands in order to continue, which'll be fricking hard. Last time I went out painting, I couldn't even open the fridge for a couple of days after. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions or ideas?

could someone anser this persons question, Im very interested in this subject and if possible a way to stop it from happening to me

Guest HAL
Originally posted by ana

You might be developing a case of carpal tunnel. It's a tendon disorder associated with a repetitive movement, like typing, writing, or pulling. The best thing to do is see a doctor, and there's various treatments. I've had it for years, and it manifests itself as a spasm so that my hand loses all it's strength, and I can't grasp or hold onto objects for a short time. It's like my hand got a huge dose of anasthetic, and I can't move it properly.

Archived