sidebusting

somefashion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i say tht if ur a better writer.. i mean no toy shit or nething.. n u or other writers jus arent feeling the piece go over it... i dont mind my shit gettin done over as long as they r better or jus as good... u cant always have one piece in the same spot forever... its gets dull

Originally posted by commonanomaly@Jul 19 2005, 01:19 PM

pretty close minded dumbass.. someone could have been sketching for a year or two and getting up at a practice wall and studying like mad to understand typography and design and were in school for it..

perfected their style without anyone probably fucking noticing.. and only painting outside their little chill spot once in awhile to little by little acclimate themselves to painting trains and see what every new letter type looks like on a train until one day their like bam i've been doing this for a long fucking time on my OWN at my own wall without anyone to fuck with me and im perfecting technique and design and sketching hours and hours and hours and wasting much paper to get good and here i find myself in new territoy because I dont know shit about crews or the REALLY STUPID EGO RULES that come with graff sometimes...i just fucking love it and im good at it and i wanna get up on trains now and even though their shit is good... decide they want to try and respect these "rules" when they really think the rules are stupid but dont want to hurt any painters fragile little feelings so they ask questions and they decide to come out and paint trains like every night... without that knowledge but with the desire to respect and the love for the art... actually thats fucking commendable.. haha well that was how I started obviously.. I laid pretty low until I was good.. so i guess i can understand just because someone just started getting up in more dangerous spots or is just starting to paint trains doesnt mean their shit is whack.. and im not insecure.. i just thought you were a closeminded dumbass that thinks just because someone asks a question you should feel you have to dominate them out of some insecurity in yourself and thats dumb.

now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Toy.

NEVER SIDEBUST DICKHEAD!

AND IT NEVER "MUST BE DONE"

TRYNA TELL ME YOU CANT FIND A SPOT THAT NOBODY ELSE

HIT? YOUR WORTHLESS KID! NEVER SIDEBUST YOU'LL LOOK

LIKE AND CONFIRM YOUR STATUS OF A DICKRIDER,

DICKRIDER.

BE ORIGINAL. BE WISE.

dont, i had a freind who didnt think it was so bad, until pretty soon it seemed that every where he got up it would be crossed over, which really pisses you off, and he ended up being stupid and crossing over the other guys shit, then boom, he got jumped one night because a crew who knew the other guy saw him crossing some shit. now he cant run without a kneecap slipping out of place. respect other peoples shit and find your own space, it isnt even that hard to do.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by commonanomaly@Jul 19 2005, 01:19 PM

you are making graffiti out to be a game of the sims, that everyone has a fair chance. The more you paint, the better you are, the better you are, the mor privelages you get persay. Its not dodgeball in elementary school, its graffiti.

If there is a kwest piece on the left panel, and you suck, you dont take that extra panel, you go paint a hopper or you go paint a rock, nuff said.

Originally posted by somefashion@Jul 14 2005, 10:21 AM

There's been some debate between the writers in my town about when to sidebust and when not to. I was wondering if people could put in their two cents. When is it ok and when is it not? For example, can you get up on a train that has already been painted by someone you don't know or paint with? What if a few different people paint in the same yard and have to share what gets laid up... is it normal that sidebusting happens in that situation? Can you tag next to someone that has already tagged a spot? Are sidebusting trains more common than like rooftops or walls? Does the level of the writer effect these rules? ...etc... What is everyone's opinion on this?

what about taking someones shit out just for the spot i mean if you got somthing scoped and a toy hits it up is it wrong to go over em?

Originally posted by inhalethefumes+Sep 9 2005, 07:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (inhalethefumes - Sep 9 2005, 07:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-somefashion@Jul 14 2005, 10:21 AM

There's been some debate between the writers in my town about when to sidebust and when not to.  I was wondering if people could put in their two cents.  When is it ok and when is it not?  For example, can you get up on a train that has already been painted by someone you don't know or paint with?  What if a few different people paint in the same yard and have to share what gets laid up... is it normal that sidebusting happens in that situation?  Can you tag next to someone that has already tagged a spot?  Are sidebusting trains more common than like rooftops or walls?  Does the level of the writer effect these rules?  ...etc... What is everyone's opinion on this?

what about taking someones shit out just for the spot i mean if you got somthing scoped and a toy hits it up is it wrong to go over em?

[/b]

HELL NO! in the future, theyll be glad that you did because then they wont be ashamed every time they see it once they've gotten up. basically, it seems like this is the only thing that graff heads have in common with gang graffiti, if someone tags it, its theirs. they beat you to it, and hit that shit, so stay off it. it looks a lot better when you get up by yourself than next to someone else. it shows confidence so dont even think about it for your own sake.

i cant believe i just compared true graff to gang graff...i apologize... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by inhalethefumes+Sep 9 2005, 07:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (inhalethefumes - Sep 9 2005, 07:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-somefashion@Jul 14 2005, 10:21 AM

There's been some debate between the writers in my town about when to sidebust and when not to. I was wondering if people could put in their two cents. When is it ok and when is it not? For example, can you get up on a train that has already been painted by someone you don't know or paint with? What if a few different people paint in the same yard and have to share what gets laid up... is it normal that sidebusting happens in that situation? Can you tag next to someone that has already tagged a spot? Are sidebusting trains more common than like rooftops or walls? Does the level of the writer effect these rules? ...etc... What is everyone's opinion on this?

[/b]

I was wondering about this the other day because my friend & I were on this rooftop & this real good spot (about 3ft high by 15ft long) was bare except a couple of really bad handstyles...so we rolled it hoping they wouldn't care...well hopefully, since they get up about 20x as much as myself.

• 1 month later...

Regaurding freights, yeah, paint wherever there is space. Dont paint next to someone if there is available space elsewhere though.

Walls and Streetsides, same goes but it is much much better to find an original spot rather than doing shit you know can be done.

Takes more balls and it will be respected more.