The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

who gives a fuck if they cant do a boneless .. NIGGA they aint 40 years old like you, they grew up in a different era.. i mean how many pros out there do you see doing old school tricks? hardly any!! and why is that because that shit is easy doesnt sell and gay and should stay in the 80s.

Putting The Hate Back In The Skateboard Thread

:lol:

DC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Point in case , " what sells " . That's gay . I hardly think Christian Hosoi , Lance Mountain , Tony Alva ,Dave Duncan , Scott Oster , Jim Murphy , Duane Peters , Tom Knox , Jason Jessee , Eric Dressen , Steve Steadham , Matt Hensley are gay . Those motherfuckers rip it out like nobody's business and all are pushing close to 40 and some older towards 50 .

You sound like a typical person who sucked at skateboarding from the get-go , quits and then " tries to get back into it " , but goes into something gay like mountain-biking because that the latest trend . :rolleyes: :lol:

you are the one who sticks to old school because that shit is so fucking easy and its all your ass can do. other than lance mountain and hensley the rest of those guys are hurt.. maybe they "ripped" in the 80s but I mean come on skateboarding was so basic and easy compared to today.

if you wanna see how bad I suck post some footage of yourself skating and ill post some of me . :lol:

I dunno about all these skating niches and cliques. I have a great line on VHS from like 1998 that goes as follows:

360 flip, ollie a turned over shopping cart, backside 180 nollie, switch heelflip, switch 50-50 180 out, pressure flip, 43 (shovit no comply thing), then a frontside 180 over a small-for-these-days gap. The no-comply took the most tries.

Learning pressure flips made me lose impossibles. I'm still bitter about that. Learning impossibles destroys your tail so bad, so I kept avoiding it even though impossibles are the coolest looking trick second only to 360 flips.

I do have footage of an impossible i did without the foot-wrap. I thought it would be cool to like a backflip with the skateboard, sorta the opposite of a kickflip. Vertical spin instead of horizontal. It actually didn't take that long to learn, kinda of like those fold over hardflips with no use of the front foot.

you are the one who sticks to old school because that shit is so fucking easy and its all your ass can do. other than lance mountain and hensley the rest of those guys are hurt.. maybe they "ripped" in the 80s but I mean come on skateboarding was so basic and easy compared to today.

if you wanna see how bad I suck post some footage of yourself skating and ill post some of me . :lol:

My offer is up for you to come and stay in Cleveland and go skating . :cool:

and...

I bet the only reason hosoi is back into skateboarding is for the money.

I don't think you believe that for a minute . He , like a lot of other guys really fucked up , had skateboarding taken away from him . That's his life , and the guy will always have the same passion he did as when he started .

Just because my first love is Pools/Bowls , doesn't mean I don't or won't go out and tear up some nice street spots . :cool:

I guess only people my age or older understand anything about my feelings about the love of skateboarding . No more rants about how much I care for an older and better time . :lol:

Video footage...shit I have to dig through my Mom's Beta to find that shit .

if you want the kids coming up thesedays

there are tons of kids trying to emulate the "thrasher" hesh skaters of old.

many of them rip at tranny, do less rails, and are doing no complys and bonelesses, but at a different scale and incorporating it into more modern instances.

christ troy is from san diego, skates for label and innes, and can switch no comply double sets. and hes only 18.

so to the older folks, dont think that kind of skating is dead,

i think skating is at the point where its getting refined from the super tech days of the 90s to the simplicity of the 80s. and most of us are forgetting the mid 90s swishy pants mad techy shoe days.

I think a lot of people on this thread are bullshit . Products of the 90's and I fucking despise all of you .

And guy above posting , it says what it means . People in my age group and older would understand , certainly not anyone born after 1980 .

everybody needs to stop complaining who loves skateboarding than who. yes people will hate, and yes people will protest to their grave on who is right and who is wrong. your over, i'm over it, we are all over it. comprende? just get the fuck out there and shred

I'm gonna say that the moon boot shoe was the worst fad in skateboarding. I guess it's not completely dead, but i wish it were, and I place all blame and responsibility upon DC. I saw these DVS Tim Gavin shoes that were pretty sweet. Similar to the old Pumas. That was a little trend back in 1993, too. Skating in Pumas and Adidas Sambas.

I didn't mind the huge pants fad. It was kinda fun, and it was real easy to spot other skateboarders. Way better than this rocker tight pants neon pink spiked belt lameness. Or the ridiculous designer Nike shoes and colorways selected by a blind autistic retard with hydroencephalitis thing.

and all i know is that i love skateboarding period and its sad/lame how people come on here to argue about who loves it more and to talk shit about eachothers skating abilities and whats cooler and this and that. i mean there are some skaters that are fags but for the most i give props to anyone who skates and loves to skate.