The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
That's because every brand of bearings made by skate companies is garbage with the exception of Swiss.

Gemans, NMB, and Swiss are the only bearings worth a damn.

When I used to skate all the time the only kids that broke bearings

never tightened their wheels all the way. The shit would just slide back

and forth a little. The argument was always now they roll faster. But

they never lasted. Shit we used to pop seals and repack those shits.

Whatever I also used to rack all my caps too and clean them.

Anyway.

I went out this week and have been picking up all the basics again.

Step off shuv-its anyone. Yeah I'm dating myself. I'm looking for the no

comply spot too.

Yo this thread is good for the videos and skate talk.

Appreciated.

Gullwing were heavy as fuck as shitty to the max , no trippin' here .

If I couldn't get Indy's then I went with Thunder Trucks , about the only other company that did me right .

Gullwings were the lightest trucks next to Trackers when I started back in 88/89. And they stayed in the light category. You must be talking about the origional ones. But the ones you posted with the plastic baseplates were light. The "Street Shadows" were dope as shit when they came out. I forget what they were called in the mid 90's, but I rocked those for a minute too and they were good.

So you guys got me going through the youtube and I found some real

gems. I met this guy when he was 11. Part of my original skate posse.

Mike Graham is a glue foot. Style for miles. No idea what he is up to now.

My personal local favorite & all around super nice guy Jahmal Williams.

Fast and smooth. Always been like that.

Yo, keep in mind I have no idea what's current in skateboard world.

I know style when I see it though. I think you will agree.

Gullwings were ok. Trackers on the other hand were terrible

Ha. The broken king pin in the plastic base plate sucked. So nowhere

had a replacement so it was the drill job to get it out the bottom. Hold

it with a socket to tighten it put it back on your board and hope it was

tight enough. Otherwise off it comes and grab the socket. After that it

was Indys or thunders. Yo Lucero used to rock those "cause they had

cool skulls" or someshit. I had one with a skull and the other a dragon.

Shit was nice.

After that it

was Indys or thunders. Yo Lucero used to rock those "cause they had

cool skulls" or someshit. I had one with a skull and the other a dragon.

Shit was nice.

You're talking about the Thunders?

Now THOSE were some heavy ass trucks back then.

And yeah I remember that about Trackers and they would always break. Back in the day we'd hit up hardware stores for kingpins hoping they wouldn't be too long. Trackers didn't turn for shit either if I remember right.

DAO

You remember right. Plastic base plates were cool for ramp I guess.

But nose picks on curbs. No dice. Remember Gring King Kingpins.

That was the must have. Good idea too.

Yeah thunders were heavy duty. Used to gring my shit right down to the axles.

Yo Magnesium G & S trucks.

Ha! Came and went. That was ramp shit.

The street just tore apart all the early stuff.

That was a cool time to see the evolution happen.

I didn't know anybody still made slick boards. I dug them back in the day but these days that shit sounds dangerous. The way these kids these days wax the shit out of everything even rails. I snap on kids. You see them waxing the shit out of rails and angle iron like it's a cement curb or something. I'm the crazy old man that screams in their face, snatches the wax out their hand and chucks it on the roof or across the street. Then I try and find a piece of grip tape and try and take the wax off. I swear these tightpants faggots think they're rollerbladers. I couldn't imagine skating with a slick these days.

I didn't know anybody still made slick boards. I dug them back in the day but these days that shit sounds dangerous. The way these kids these days wax the shit out of everything even rails. I snap on kids. You see them waxing the shit out of rails and angle iron like it's a cement curb or something. I'm the crazy old man that screams in their face, snatches the wax out their hand and chucks it on the roof or across the street. Then I try and find a piece of grip tape and try and take the wax off. I swear these tightpants faggots think they're rollerbladers. I couldn't imagine skating with a slick these days.

Have you ever tried to slide a rail after it got rained on? Reguardless of how much it was waxed before it got rained on, its usually sticky as fuck, thus making your board stop, and you keep going. Which is why I skate slicks. I dont really fuck with handrails or any of that shit just because I've eaten shit on handrails pretty bad.

Have you ever tried to slide a rail after it got rained on? Reguardless of how much it was waxed before it got rained on, its usually sticky as fuck, thus making your board stop, and you keep going. Which is why I skate slicks. I dont really fuck with handrails or any of that shit just because I've eaten shit on handrails pretty bad.

Anybody who waxes a rail is a fag who needs to learn how to skate.

If it's sticking then that just means you're not going fast enough or putting any weight into it.

Wax is for ledges and curbs. And hubbas.

I dont know. Rails that get rained on a lot tend to rust and get pretty fucking sticky. I've rolled up to skateparks after the rain dried up thinking it was ok to charge full speed and slide a rail and just flown 5 feet forward onto my ass while my board just hung there on the rail.

Well if it's rusty, I could see putting a little on just to get it going till the rust grinds off.

I can't say I've ever seen a rusty handrail though.

And these kids will sit there and scrub that shit on hardbody like they were trying to break in a cement ledge or something even though the shit is fine. No rust or anything. Those are the kids I'm talking about.

the indy 8.90"s have been my jam for a while, my back truck is ground to the axle but it's not bent, but i have a cracked baseplate, i emailed independant about the warranty and they never replied. i'm thinking about getting tracker 9"s next time i get trucks.

i started skating when i was like 9 but i didn't skate for a few years here and there so i still kinda suck for having skated as long as i have

yea i was talking about flat rails.

i stay away from handrails after the last time i racked my nuts, then proceeded to fall down the stairs onto my head/shoulder

I'm also talking about flat rails. They don't need wax.

Maybe if they're rusted you might put a little on just to get it going, but waxing a rail is fucking retarded. If you're sticking, just go faster and put some weight into it. That's how you're supposed to skate. Kids these days think you're supposed to just ballance on shit like a manuel without putting any muscle into it. There's a reason why it's called "grinding" and not "coasting". And all that wax just makes shit a deathtrap for heads that actually know how to skate and want to go faster than 2 miles an hour.

Not saying that you're one of these kids, just sayin.

been getting on my board latley.

got the old tricks down. you know basic flips and grabs and stuff

ive only cleared 5 stairs since i started again.

i need a new board. mines getting pressure crack and when ever i turn real hard i can hear it crack more.

now i have to work on tricks over stairs and maybe some small handrails.

im glad this is not taking as long as i thought it would.

i forgot how much i loved skating.

i have this thread to thank