The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
You read the most recent article?

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/beacon_hill/2010/11/the_trick_for_skateboarders_at.html

Government conspiracy.

PS, comments are a good read too.

they must have bumped the fine, or maybe its larger if your actually seen skating.. but last time i was at Eggs they started giving $100 tickets to anyone seen on a skateboard.. needless to say i took off running. havent been since.

Eggs is not worth a $100 ticket.

nice flicks as usual.

Charlse river park. WTF!

1. Somthing that should cost 1.5mill has 2.5mill in donations already.

2. A project that should only take a couple of years is ETA qouted at 10 years, 5 years ago.

3. 2.5mill is still in an account/reserve somwhere collecting intrest or bieng miss-used.

4 This is all the skatboarders fault so let fine, confiscate and imprission them.

Just look at the Big Dig and you can tell how this is going to go. This type of stuff never seizes to amaze me.

Charlse river park. WTF!

1. Somthing that should cost 1.5mill has 2.5mill in donations already.

2. A project that should only take a couple of years is ETA qouted at 10 years, 5 years ago.

3. 2.5mill is still in an account/reserve somwhere collecting intrest or bieng miss-used.

4 This is all the skatboarders fault so let fine, confiscate and imprission them.

Just look at the Big Dig and you can tell how this is going to go. This type of stuff never seizes to amaze me.

This is funny... from the FAQ on the site:

What is the timeline for the Charles River Skatepark?

Construction of the skatepark depends on funding from supporters by YOU!

We are expecting to break ground in spring of 2009. As it will take approximately

six to nine months to construct the skatepark, we expect the park to be open to the public by the end of 2009.

Also, wasn't some of the government stimulus money going to go to actually getting

this park open? Could have sworn I heard something about that once; it was the only

thing I was happy about Obama for doing :lol: but I guess it never happened... so yeah...

grindline1.jpg

Gotta admit... it would be a cool park if it ever opened...

But they should put in a few Eggs... and ramp up to the Z's columns.

ha, a have a couple people print up a assload of letters and set out like 4 a day each, sooner or later you'd probably piss someone off enough that they might look into working a little faster about it..

worked in Shawshank Redemption right? haha.

Honestly, it could work. Might be worth a try if enough people do it (maybe not four letters a

day... but a few letters a year or a letter/month till you know they are making actual progress.

crspModel02Perspective02.jpg

CRJA_plan.gif

Watch this; pretty much explains the deal with the park:

http://www1.whdh.com/features/articles/hank/BO143719/