The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

the ES accel..just love that shoe so damn comfortable and to

me they look pretty ill...

es-Accel-TT-brown.jpg

I had them back in the day and they were great skate shoes, but then I got them again when they reissued them (I wanna say around 04-ish) and they were seemed like they were bulked up and thicker and just not the same. Haven't fucked with them since.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The purple are the worst !!!

I could care less if my feet look good as long as I get good board feel.

And I left the chain on the first pair I wore ... it did mess the grip up right at the kick flip spot on my nose. Since then that was the first thing to go out of the box.

If Vans made suede slip ons I would start rocking those in a heartbeat, even if I had to pay full retail.

Hey. i'm looking for this video i saw a while back. It had a bunch of skate footage, but it was all black with the footage drawn in with only the outlines in rainbow colors n shit. like instead of a person skating, it would be the outline of them skating over black. no sound either just music. if anyone knows what im talking about, could you perhaps produce the link? thanks.

There are a lot of us that never stopped. ^_^

I don't know how old you are or how long you've been skating, but I'm willing to bet that I'm alot older than you and have been skating alot longer.

And the only people seriously skating pools for the past 20 years were washed up oldheads who grew up on that shit.

Every now and then somebody would skate a pool just for the fuck of it (and you'd even see photo's and footage), but not on any serious level.

Not coming at you, but I'm just willing to bet that you're from this younger generation who just rediscovered skating pools.

Which is cool. Skating is skating.

That picture of your cousin doing a frontside air on that huge quarter pipe is really nice. That thing has a shit ton of vert and looks rather intimidating. And agreed with DAO, the left arm thrown back while grabbing with the right looks awesome. Too many people get the cannonball look, like they're going to do a double grab, when they do frontside grabs.

You should try to get him to do a tuck knee on that thing and get a photo of that.

I think the west coast, specifically Cali has always had a different pool scene than the East. We had tons and tons of pools all through the 90's when everybody was on that fliptrick tip. Late 90's Fresno and the central valley comes to mind. The Vagabond and many other spots were all ran through. I never was hyped up on street shit and neither were any of the dudes I skated with. Most of us only skate when the waves are flat - if that gives you an idea of the kind of people I'm talking about. Pools never were serious biz, just fun.

Now with all of the foreclosures going down there are so many fucking opportunities out here. People either can't afford to maintain them or are moving out and leaving them empty anyways. I've bucketed/pumped and swept several prospects in the past week alone.

I'm talking perfect kidneys.

Barge sheshies all day bra.

^^^ Using the internet to find foreclosed homes throughout California so you can drain and skate the pools = Win !!! :lol:

Younger kids out there are finally taking notice of rippers like Taylor Bingaman , Ben Hatchell , Ben Raybourne , who destroy a pool/bowl the same they would a 26 stair , double-kinked rail . I'm starting to see resurgence of people saying , " Fuck this I'm skating everything " , and not being pigeonholed as a " Tech guy " , or a " Street Guy " .

I think the west coast, specifically Cali has always had a different pool scene than the East. We had tons and tons of pools all through the 90's when everybody was on that fliptrick tip. Late 90's Fresno and the central valley comes to mind. The Vagabond and many other spots were all ran through. I never was hyped up on street shit and neither were any of the dudes I skated with. Most of us only skate when the waves are flat - if that gives you an idea of the kind of people I'm talking about. Pools never were serious biz, just fun.

Now with all of the foreclosures going down there are so many fucking opportunities out here. People either can't afford to maintain them or are moving out and leaving them empty anyways. I've bucketed/pumped and swept several prospects in the past week alone.

I'm talking perfect kidneys.

Barge sheshies all day bra.

If only I were in Cali right now...

I had them back in the day and they were great skate shoes, but then I got them again when they reissued them (I wanna say around 04-ish) and they were seemed like they were bulked up and thicker and just not the same. Haven't fucked with them since.

i feel you on that homie, i got those PJ Ladd

boston edition ones and damn those mad bulky,

couldnt even skate them after a bit..but just

recently bought a pair of regs all black and man

they are cutty def good board feel and nice cusioning also..

hopefully they realized they f'd up and went back to the basics..

the older i get the more i respect all aspects of skating

when i was younger i def hated on half pipe and pool but man looking

back now those dudes were & are so damn ill busting the craziest shit

so repects and cheers to all aspects skateboarding period..

but this here is the future for sure..:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfkWMpCKrBE

never ended up hitting up a hospital, hopefully it doesnt fuck me over.. but i've been walking better, i'll limp/ feel it every now and then but for the most part it seems good.

had a few beers the other day and went skating through the streets just popping off and on curbs, wall riding dumpsters and that type of shit just fucking around, grinded a couple ledges and did some bonelesses and 180s off some shit. didnt wanna go to nuts and fuck up my leg though.