The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

heres the board from yesterday and the used one the homies lent me.

HPIM3801.jpg

i dont forsee the used deck holding up for more that a week at most cause of this:

HPIM3802.jpg

Just a shot in the dark, but are you cutting lines into your grip after it's on your board?

Cutting a line in your grip while it's already on your board will cause you to cut a line into your deck, that will end up being a weak point for the shit to break.

I learned that the hard way years ago.

Either way, that delamination is s sure sign of shogddy craftsmanship.

Any board that delaminates is defective.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Unless you're cutting hella deep into the board, like through an entire ply, I don't think cutting your grip after it's on the board is going to make any real difference. Plywood isn't like glass. That being said, when I cut my grip, I do it before I put it on.

I don't think I have enough technology to watch that Nike video. Super choppy.

Tips on how to stop chips? Is it just cause I keep getting pieces or shit? I'm on a speed demon right now. It is essentially peeking out the coffin. I asked a kid I know at my park and he said "Yeah, I used to get chips...when I sucked." Haha. But that is the only response I have gotten so far. The newish deck that I am going to switch to when this one becomes unskatable is a Erik Ellington Death Wish board. I am hoping it doesn't break so easily.

Try to avoid letting the board pop up vertically ( or close ) and hit the ground on the nose or tail. Don't let the board go everywhere but sometimes it just happens.

Unless you're cutting hella deep into the board, like through an entire ply, I don't think cutting your grip after it's on the board is going to make any real difference. Plywood isn't like glass. That being said, when I cut my grip, I do it before I put it on.

I don't think I have enough technology to watch that Nike video. Super choppy.

I cut a line into my grip once and when my board snapped it was a perfect clean line right where the razor barely dug into the ply.

It snapped coming out of a noseslide.

Who snaps boards coming out of a noseslide?

my feet hurt.

Hey by the way for people who have been following the life of those Cons CTS shoes. I have been skating mine for a month now.

Keep in mind I superglued the flip side (outside) where my tre flips and kickflips make holes the day I got them. And again when they started to show wear.

Ive been skating them for about 4 weeks, probably a little more. Theres normal wear on the shoes, no holes which is excellent in my opinion. The white gum at the bottom of the shoe has been worn down completely, So thats probably how they are gonna go.

They skated great though. Umm takes breaking in (for the mids at least)

thats pretty bad dude if Twinky over there is saying its gay hahaha

but seriously unless the kid with the board was doing something so bad he deserved it the other kid is a fucking punk. keeps hitting him when he is on the ground. what the fuck is up with the youth today. learn some discipline and respect...shit

Dave Bachinksy

What the fuck is a Bachinsky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm8q913yE7E

I just started a new job and one of the kids in my training group of nine actually skates and he says he knows this guy. I don't see why he would lie. He grew up like 30 minutes down the road from me and like 5 minutes down the road from the kid I know. I think it's cool when stuff like that happens.

Bachinsky fucking rips, and he hucks himself down some pretty massive shit too. If the first trick in the part that was just posted didn't convince you, check this clip:

What the hell was this dude thinking? That's got to be as big as the Leap of Faith gap. Dave Bachinsky is hella good.

^^^^^^

yae... dude deserved it...

he was goin around the skatepark stealing backpacks.. people lost their cameras and video cameras and shit... i guess he just took the wrong dudes shit and i bit him in the ass.

Dude shoulda took his board and ran his pockets while he was snoring.

But then I guess doing that on camera wouldn't be too smart.