The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i wont totally play you but your a fucking joker toy from queens and no one from queens never even herd of you...

HypatiaSansPro_02.gif

hell i got more rep in ny then you. i didnt try and call you out but i knew you didnt know dude so i was checking you. i have mentioned vin 3 times in 9 years on this thread so yeah im thirsty you queer...

this is all i will say on this...

sorry skateboard thread im done...

your right no one from queens hasnt heard of me

and i was right in knowing your not from here

why dont you tell everyone on this thread what you write please?

you might get more recognition for sweating me that way

^Dumbest statement I've ever seen on this thread.

co-signed .

Tom Penny can skate anytime , anything , anywhere . I actually saw some video of him skating in the pouring rain in London . Motherfucker , if he didn't nail a 5 trick line . I'm sure it's on youtube , but I ain't looking . :lol:

*prepares to get ethered for being a dumb bitch who knows nothing about skating*

dear skateboard thread,

i am in the market to buy my dude a new setup for his bday, as his got wet and lost its pop. he's a lil older, not too flashy, and of course a little bit on the chub side. i would just go ask my local skate shop but skate shops petrify me. what is the hot shit? can i just get him a deck and then he can switch the wheels and junk over? or would that be cheap of me and i should just get him the whole shebang? your advice earns props.

gracias,

zeebs

I'm sure he would appreciatte a whole new setup, but that's not to say you have to buy him one. If his wheels, and trucks are still in good shape, and it's only his board that is fucked, I say just get him a new deck.

My vote is for chocolate. I always liked those.... Now I only ride the cheap shop decks, ha

• Like 1

*prepares to get ethered for being a dumb bitch who knows nothing about skating*

dear skateboard thread,

i am in the market to buy my dude a new setup for his bday, as his got wet and lost its pop. he's a lil older, not too flashy, and of course a little bit on the chub side. i would just go ask my local skate shop but skate shops petrify me. what is the hot shit? can i just get him a deck and then he can switch the wheels and junk over? or would that be cheap of me and i should just get him the whole shebang? your advice earns props.

gracias,

zeebs

I'm older & fatter too @ 32 years old...:lol:

8" is perfect , Indy 149mm trucks and depending on his preference a 54mm-58mm wheel is perfect , I skate bigger wheels ( * DAO groans ) , but that's just me . Shop decks are just as good if not better than most companies out there . If your local shop has decks made at Penn's Woods , or anywhere in the U.S.A. then the quality will be decent . And you're not a dumb bitch asking a bunch of skate dudes questions . I'd be honored if my Fiance came here and asked ?'s so she could buy me a new setup . :cool:

• Like 1

Take him with you to the shop. People can be very particular about the size and shape of their boards (half an inch of width makes a huge difference to some) and even how the grip tape is applied.

If you're just going deck, I suppose you could measure his old board and just find something close. If you're going whole setup, I would bring him along.

Expect to spend $150 bucks or so if you're buying a complete set up in the boroughs. Closer to $200 if you're getting swiss bearings, which I would say you should do-- unless he's the type to leave his board out in the rain or some shit, which sounds like it might be the case.

i want to surprise him though. maybe i will take one of his boys with me who knows his style. and he didn't leave it out, he got stuck in the rain with it. you would think in this day and age that making waterproof skateboards would not be beyond our technological capabilities. but anyways...good lookin out on the advice dudes!

i want to surprise him though. maybe i will take one of his boys with me who knows his style. and he didn't leave it out, he got stuck in the rain with it. you would think in this day and age that making waterproof skateboards would not be beyond our technological capabilities. but anyways...good lookin out on the advice dudes!

In that case, yeah, consult one of the dudes he skates with. Or, worst case scenario, check out his current setup and get the same size deck, same brand of trucks (once people find trucks they like, they almost never change), and same-ish size wheels. Powell Swiss bearings, if you can afford an extra 40 bucks or so, will probably kick you up to wifey status.

And when the dude at the shop puts the trucks on for you, DO NOT LET HIM OVER-TIGHTEN THE BOLTS. I see so many idiots sink the bolts through the top ply of the deck, which causes stress cracks and drastically reduces a board's pop and life span. Especially if he pulls out power tools to do it, just tell him you want it put together loosely in case your dude wants to switch out the trucks or some shit.

dear skateboard thread,

gracias,

zeebs

Don't surprize him. Everybody has their own specific preferences as to what size/brand/shape etc that they like and you'll most likely get it wrong.

Just take him to the shop and let him pic the shit out himself.

Or maybe get him a gift card that'll cover it.

• Like 1

And when the dude at the shop puts the trucks on for you, DO NOT LET HIM OVER-TIGHTEN THE BOLTS. I see so many idiots sink the bolts through the top ply of the deck, which causes stress cracks and drastically reduces a board's pop and life span. Especially if he pulls out power tools to do it, just tell him you want it put together loosely in case your dude wants to switch out the trucks or some shit.

You don't know what you're talking about. Skating is what causes stress cracks.

If you don't tighten the bolts to where they sink into the deck, then they're just going to sink in on their own causing the bolts to come loose.

Then you'll have to carry a fucking skate tool around with you everywhere you go.

Don't surprize him. Everybody has their own specific preferences as to what size/brand/shape etc that they like and you'll most likely get it wrong.

Just take him to the shop and let him pic the shit out himself.

Or maybe get him a gift card that'll cover it.

this is right on.

You don't know what you're talking about. Skating is what causes stress cracks.

If you don't tighten the bolts to where they sink into the deck, then they're just going to sink in on their own causing the bolts to come loose.

Then you'll have to carry a fucking skate tool around with you everywhere you go.

I know what causes fucking stress cracks dude. It's stress on the board. As a guy who does a fair amount of carpentry and has owned and skated dozens of decks over the years, I'm telling her that it will happen faster and worse if they oversink the bolts through the first ply.

When I told her to tell them to put them on loosely, I was assuming that her dude will then know how to tighten them properly when she gets home. It's pretty much common knowledge.

I know what causes fucking stress cracks dude. It's stress on the board. As a guy who does a fair amount of carpentry and has owned and skated dozens of decks over the years, I'm telling her that it will happen faster and worse if they oversink the bolts through the first ply.

When I told her to tell them to put them on loosely, I was assuming that her dude will then know how to tighten them properly when she gets home. It's pretty much common knowledge.

You have a lack of common knowlede then because I don't know anybody who knows a thing or two about skateboarding who doesn't tighten their bolts till they're countersunk.

And I've never in my life seen a deck get stresscracks from over-tightening the bolts.

And I've been skating for 20 years.

Stress cracks come from the stress of skating, not from tightening or even overtightening your bolts.

haha.

zdrips, nobodys gonna turn down a complete, thats on you to figure out if you feel like going the whole 9 yards. but if his board is just water logged, grab him a deck. try and figure out what kind of board it is and measure how wide it is. if your trying to surprise him snag his board and run to a skate shop and just tell them you need a deck as close to what you have, they'll help you out. grabbing his board and running to a skate shop and just basically telling them to mimic what you have would probably be your best bet.

• Like 1