The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Truth be told though I'm just busting balls on here. Like I really give a shit how yall dress.

Personally though, I can't skate in anything tighter than 38/30 baggy fit. Not to mention the shit just aint comfortable at all to feel your pants squeezing on you and the contents of your pockets all digging into your legs and shit when you sit down in your car or whatever.

I just don't get it. There's reasons why my generation rocked baggy pants.

But I guess it's up to the next generation to rebel against the last even at the cost of yous looking like silly faggots.

Whatever though.

But when I see you kids skating in spandex camel toe ass jeans that shit just blows my mind like "WTF???"

So. Im thinking its about time to learn how to skate transition. I can drop in and kick turn. Thats it. Theres a mini ramp in my town but id rather not make a fool out of myself in front of the locals (at The Underground in boston) but my homie might build one... Which would be sick.

so tricks to get down

rock to fakie, rock to pivot, pivot to fakie, 50-50. 5-0. blunt to fakie. smith. backside disaster. pop-rock. and then I want to put it all together nice and steezy.

How long did it take anyone to get basic transition down?

i skated in highschool and shit, but nothing serious and was never very good....started kickin it with some dudes who had a hand in building FDR...soon enough they had me on a board and skatin with them...that was like a month ago and im already pretty comfortable skating transitions and even attempting bullshit airs and shit...its really all in your mind, if your willing to try (and bust your ass a couple times) its really up to you how far you can go with it...shits a blast though

edit:: i should clarify that by transitions i mean skating the park, which is mostly tranny, not a miniramp or anything, i could see myself getting bored quick on the same ramp all day

i fuckin suck skating tranny.

been skating street all my life.

but the past two years ive been skating nothing but parks,

been trying to get my shit together, but learning new shit when youre older is hard.

Co-sign ... I still kind of suck at it ... but getting better... Starting in on tranny in your 30's isnt too helpful.

Guest YEAHMANWORD
Truth be told though I'm just busting balls on here. Like I really give a shit how yall dress.

Personally though, I can't skate in anything tighter than 38/30 baggy fit.

Dude, not for nothin but 38/30 means you're tubby. You're ripping on people who wear 34's...but yet you have 30 as a length.

What are you 240 and 5'6"?

And what the hell is a "pop-rock"?

I just call it that because thats what it looks likke to me. You like pop out, then rock to fakie.

Thus, pop rock.

Rolling straight at the coping. You let the wheels pop (nose side) off the coping, like a nollie pop thing. So you get about a foot of clearance. Then you land in a fs board, just like a rock to fakie. Except you do the nollie pop into it, for coolness points.

I actually have no idea what its called. But i see p eople do them all the time, and do like pop kickflip rocks etc.

I just call it that because thats what it looks likke to me. You like pop out, then rock to fakie.

Thus, pop rock.

Rolling straight at the coping. You let the wheels pop (nose side) off the coping, like a nollie pop thing. So you get about a foot of clearance. Then you land in a fs board, just like a rock to fakie. Except you do the nollie pop into it, for coolness points.

I actually have no idea what its called. But i see p eople do them all the time, and do like pop kickflip rocks etc.

Nollie Bonk

Or

Fakie Bonk

Good stuff.

Dude, not for nothin but 38/30 means you're tubby. You're ripping on people who wear 34's...but yet you have 30 as a length.

What are you 240 and 5'6"?

I've been rocking size 38 and size 40 jeans since I was 145lb scrawney teenager. That's what belts are for.

And I'm 5-10 and I still walk on the backs of my jeans at 30 length. Mainly due to the fact that nobody knows how to make jeans anymore so everythings fucking "boot-cut" or "straight-leg". As if there's a difference between the two.

Thus, pop rock.

We used to call those "crack-hops" or "Crack-cops" back in the day. Or "chink-chink" if you pop of your back wheels to nosepick.

They're usually done off the back wheels to disaster, so I guess if you do it off the front wheels to rock you could just call it a switch crack-hop. Or you could just call it whatever you want.

I've been rocking size 38 and size 40 jeans since I was 145lb scrawney teenager. That's what belts are for.

And I'm 5-10 and I still walk on the backs of my jeans at 30 length. Mainly due to the fact that nobody knows how to make jeans anymore so everythings fucking "boot-cut" or "straight-leg". As if there's a difference between the two.

that aint really baggy then, its just wide jeans with a big ass waist, with high waters.

baggy jeans mean they are collecting on the bottom by your shoes

usually with something 34" or longer. not just to the end of your ankle.

i didnt even know there was such thing as 38x30.

erkel.gif

or

ap_sagging_pants_071015_ms.jpg

just teasin.

: wow yall sound mad gay with all this bickerin about fashion and shit......just sayin:rolleyes:

on a side note i went skating the other day before work. god im rusty. good thing i can still ollie though. i was havin troubles with kickflips man. so weak. 11 years of skating and then not skating for 7months you lose fuckin everything.

Where do you get that 30 lenth is high waters?

I'm 5/10 not 6/8.

If I'm wearing thick enough kicks that shit still bunches up at the bottom. If not, I end up walking on the shits. I wish they'd go back to hemming the bottom of the legs tighter like they did back in the day so it would just bunch up and you wouldn't be walking on your shits. Fuck all this boot-cut bullshit.

And fuck all this talk about jeans. Somebody post some skate vids already.