The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

the last time i went to love i saw some dude get arrested for popping up tiles (like kalis).

i ended up frontside nosesliding the ledge to stairs in the back, and pretty much killed myself trying to 50/50 that old ass ledge

And nobody started propping up the tiles till probably around 96ish.

But there's always the probablility that somebody was offering your boy coke while being all cool and shit to see if he had dough and rob him. Or just straight sell him a bag of baking soda. :biglaugh:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
it really doesnt matter beacuse ill skate until someone forces me to leave.

did they unknob love? last time i checked some girl did a memorial thing and there were like white skateboard tombstones on all of the ledges and shit around the park

Love Park was never knobbed. That artschool girl did those tombstones in protest of Love being renovated and locked down for good. That was in 2000 or so. All's they ended up doing was putting in some portions of grass and some ugly pink planters and some wooden benches infront of some of the ledges. The wooden benches are mad easy to remove though and most of the park is still skatable, but there's almost always a cop stationed there now.

i feel like im switching out bearings every time i setup a new deck. i dont know if the quality of bearings have gone down hill, or its that the higher end bearings, altho roll fast, break just as fast at they roll.

when i was a kid, i rode whatever i could get for free from the shop as a donation. basically i rode abec 1 singapores. i had to push a lot more, but i rarely broke bearings.

but now, im riding ceramics, abec 7-9s, and all the other higher end shit, and i always break them.

and i def dont skate as hard as i used to.

/rant.

NMB's.- old school bearings that lasted forever.

Swiss are the best overall.Ride without the bearing covers.

Abec ratings are just a sound rating..higher the abec rating, quieter the bearing. Germans are good too. A lot of bearing companies use the same bearing, just change up the packaging and make more loot.

Went over to my parents house today and found a completely unscathed A-Team Marc Johnson board..AND an ollllddd ass pair of Titan trucks..I think Titans are underrated as fuck

I've sworn by Independent 169mm's forever , never let me down . Cool find .