The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

can sopmebody clrify for me was there ever a deck by Santa Cruz for Jeff Grosso ( i think) that had the caterpillar from Alice in wonderland sitting on a toadstool with a pipe as the graphics. the smoke was making Jeff Grosso's name?

I've been trying to find an image of it for a whil and i'm starting to think I imagined it!!!

looked on sjateboard graphics .com and a few other sites but can't see it.

anyone?

I have 5 Grosso decks and I'm not familiar with the graphic in question . Possibly an early Variflex or Schmidt Stix deck .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Holy shit. When i was hella young I bought this video called "Glam Boys On Wheels" from Foundation and I had no idea what to make of it. Half of it was skating, and the other half was just random nonsense. It did introduce me to the part of the human anatomy called the "Norge".

I was never big on the Girl/Chocolate world of skating. I like semi-technical skating, but I was always more into the Alien Workshop/Habitat/Element kinda thing. Lots of east coast riders not skating the same LA/SF spots over and over again. All the Girl boards I see now have had hot pink plies top and bottom. The graphics just don't do it for me, either. Why did they do a series of printed woodgrain with the Girl logo, then hot pink ply underneath? The shapes all seem kinda pointy, too. Same with Enjoi.

The new Plan B decks are kinda shitty. I was checking some out in the shop today and the boards are mad thick, heavy and pointy. They all seem really huge too, like they're made for some 6'5" vert skater. upper 7" and up. Even the Pat Duffy board. What ever happened with his leg? I saw some video of it all tore up.

Kayo woodshop makes some of the best shapes right now. Good, rounded popsicle with mellow kick and good sizes for everybody. I kinda want to cop a DGK deck.

yhst-14461179692491_1936_0

"everybody hated them"? mouse is consistently named as a top 5 favorite skateboarding video amongst damn near anyone i know, as well as damn near any pro interview i've read. if everyone hated them why were they the most popular skateboard company at the time? hell, they're still one of the top companies to this day.

Maybe so nowadays, and maybe so in other countries back in the mid 90's. But I used to get into heated arguements all the time about how they were the best skaters back then. Shit I almost got into a rumble with mad heads one time because we were watching some video and Rodney mullen did a nollie inward heelflip to crooks or some shit with a fucking cast on his leg and i thought it was fucking amazing but everyone (like 10 dudes deep, some of which are actually pro's nowadays) present was like "fuck that! he skeched. Rodney mullen is garbage!". I seriously wanted to punch every sinle one of them in the mouth. But I was alone in this arguement.

Maybe so nowadays, and maybe so in other countries back in the mid 90's. But I used to get into heated arguements all the time about how they were the best skaters back then.

eric koston's part is so slept on on that video. he was dropping nollie noseblunt slides down handrails in that video. other dudes weren't getting that tech/gnarly for another 5 years at least

eric koston's part is so slept on on that video. he was dropping nollie noseblunt slides down handrails in that video. other dudes weren't getting that tech/gnarly for another 5 years at least

EXACTLY!!!

It's been so long since I've seen those videos that I can't exactly remember the exact tricks that were done... but my point exactly. I was seriously pissed at life back then watching the same people film boardslides on the same ledges that I'd witnessed them do switch flip backside tailslides on just a year or two earlier.

Oh well. At least graff was at its peek back then.:D

guess I was dreaming it but thanks!

I always thought that it was oh well!

Shit I haven't been into skting for so long now the names escape me.

You are correct .... he did have that graphic .... I cant find an image either.

However I found an image from the Santa Cruz Parody series that just came out that has the parody of that graphic.

pp_carolino_parody.png

I will keep looking for the original ... and will post if I come across it.

**edit for larger image

Anyone see that Transworld video..I think it was Are you Alright??

Its the one where they rent two RV's and they go around and rip...Duffy fuckin kills it and that guy Danger falls from that spot and smashes his face..

but when Duffy airs out of that quarterpipe and grinds the top of that huge extension..shit was GNARBOOTS!!

Get on the bandwagon, everyone is doing re-runs.

man i hate that shit reissue graphics, especially that C&D company. its funny though, they could not afford the rights from the companies so they stick their whack logo in there totally compromising the original board art. i would never cop a reissue. dumb.

It's nice to see Powell , Santa Cruz , Dogtown , Z-Flex , etc...make the 10" boards . I never went smaller than 9" , just because my big ass feet wouldn't fit on a toothpick board . Not too mention I would crack a 7 1/2" board in a hot minute doing a No-Comply or Disaster over a spine . :lol:

has anyone heard of the motrcycle accident with Ali Boulala and Shane Cross/

i heard that cross is dead and Boulala is in very critical condition.

damn.

if anyone else knows about this, can u post a link if you know of an article to read?

i hope that isn't true