The Giving Tree Fountain Of Knowledge

Giving Tree

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should i spend some of my 'moving out fund' and skip 5 days of school in march to go to WMC in miami and hangout with the coolest girl i've ever known or should i actually wait until i graduate to go on a vacation and/or find a job and move the fuck out before i start spending money? the question kind of answered itself, actually, but this thread is pretty dope.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Jan 5 2005, 11:40 PM

would it be wrong if I once got head from a potentially pdd bitch? Like, maybe she was just a dumb silly, but maybe she was a pdd...is there any way to tell? I mean, how bad is a pdd? :D

it's a developmental disorder. so say she's 35, she may act like she's 3 months old, but honestly most don't live past 12 or 13. I guess in theory you COULD, but know it would be like giving your unit to an infant with a lot more strength, so they could potentially REALLY hurt you.

Originally posted by boner@Jan 5 2005, 11:51 PM

have you traveled to any interesting places? i'm graduating college in may, can you recommend any place in particular to relocate to?

no, not really traveled. i went to florida one time with a friend, and we got to fake that we were shrimp boat captains. another time i went to arizona and hung out with family, georgia and south carolina, spent that summer in new york, and went to martha's vineyard with my ex-girlfriend who has a house there, but thats about it.

traveling is something i really wish i could do more of, but to be honest i'm from a very poor family and never really had the money or opportunity to travel much. always had to work real hard just to get by, let alone worry about traveling somewhere. thats why i think i prioritize money so much, simply because i never have had it. i'm making more money than i ever have right now, which is only 10.30 an hour, and i still am totally broke all the time. hopefully after i get my masters, or even maybe my bachelors, i'll be able to make a decent income (right now after taxes it only boils down to about 13,000 a year, which is still poverty.)

Originally posted by boner@Jan 5 2005, 11:51 PM

have you traveled to any interesting places? i'm graduating college in may, can you recommend any place in particular to relocate to?

same reason that it snows, because God secretly hates us.

look at the signs. snow, clearly the work of someone not terribly happy about automobiles so they throw this nonsence in the mix so my truck breaks down in it and i barely get to work every day. rain so that i can't wear suede shoes every day, even though suede is the best material for shoes and hands down the most compfy, so there is another. i could go on for days.

Originally posted by gigan@Jan 6 2005, 03:58 AM

should i spend some of my 'moving out fund' and skip 5 days of school in march to go to WMC in miami and hangout with the coolest girl i've ever known or should i actually wait until i graduate to go on a vacation and/or find a job and move the fuck out before i start spending money?

spend the money, see the girl. if I know anything, I know that love is, again, the most important thing ever. you can always make more money, but if you botch this up, you'll regret it a long time.

that was WAY too easy. I'm a hopeless romantic. a very single, lonely, fighting whether or not I should go back to my ex even though we have fundamental core differences because I love her so much hopeless romantic.

Originally posted by fatlaces@Jan 6 2005, 03:58 AM

q1. who is that hot chick in snoops drop it like its hot filmclip? you know the one im talking about. the hot one.

to answer this, I searched yahoo.com, which is my favorite search engine, but didn't really find any answers. I only looked for about 4 seconds though because honestly I don't care about the answer. after all that I figured I'd make up a name, or just pull someone random from memory. I took a drink of my hazelnut coffee with six sugars and thought "b. Arthur" and laughed instantly, spitting coffee all over my computer, monitor, and cubicle. Ed and Kay both saw it, and they clearly think I'm nuts, or on xanax or something...

so, it's got to be b. Arthur simply because it caused me to shoot hot coffee out my nose.

Originally posted by McPhoo@Jan 6 2005, 09:18 AM

1.) What's been the biggest waste of money for you?

2.) Do you smoke?

3.) Have any animals / favorite animal?

1) the biggest waste of money for me? well there are a few...

I spend a lot of money on shoes. I "collect" them. basically that means I buy too many and don't ever wear any of them other than the brown suede nike tweeds I have. to give you an idea, I spent about 2600 dollars in the last 3 or 4 months on sneakers and casuals. granted I re-sold a lot of them, but still.. I've got probably 15 boxes of new shoes that I probably will never wear.

I also spend a lot of money on my truck. it's a mini, an s10 on air ride suspension, but the suspension breaks all the time (winter is very hard on them) and I am constantly fixing little things, eating 2 or 3 hours a week and 20 to 30 dollars of my money. I have some big fixes to do as well, and right now it's totally laid out on the parking lot with a bad fitting (if you don't know, don't worry... ) but yeah, my truck eats money. cars are terrible investments, and don't pimp a car too hard if you have to drive it every day. save that for something you can stunt in summer and park in winter, because it sucks.

also, just having money makes me waste it. I'm always broke, so once I get money, I burn through it in seconds, seriously. give me a thousand dollars, no joke, and in a week it's gone and I have nothing to show for it. I'm TERRIBLE with budgeting. That's why I miss my longest-running girlfriend.. she was an accountant. (lots of good stories there too.)

2) can you believe, of all the things I've done, I've never smoked, not even a hit. never interested me.

3) no animals, but I think I want one, I get really lonely sometimes and think it would be good for me. I can't have a dog, maybe a cat, but cats are too weenie. I want a bobcat. that would be cool, it's like a bad ass cat, that would TOTALLY kick the crap out of a dog. but REALLY I think I want to get like a hedgehog or a flying squirrel or a sugar glider or something small and cuddly, something I can still play with or pet.

my favorite animal is a rhino. they are bad ass.

Well, since my emotions are running rampant inside me like I'm having fricking menopause, I might as well open up this can of worms:

I have this girl, amazing girl... we dated for the last 6 or so months, the first 2 or 3 were AMAZING.. like best friend with kissing status. Hands down the best relationship I'd ever had for those few months. We basically lived together, hung out all the time, whatever. Time comes, I need to move away, and so it becomes long distance. We tried REALLY hard to make things work, like flying out every few weeks, lots of phone calls, etc. but nothing seems to make things feel "good." I'm constantly upset about where I am in relation to her, my life feels messy (I hate this state and really need to move) and basically I have some sort of emotional breakdown thing where I push her away and loose touch with what we had. I was pretty consumed with frustration and some feelings of worthlessness due to the change of life that happened so fast (mind you I just came back from that camp where all the nonsense happened, so my mind was already worked over.) Well, we break up, partially because things were just plain sucking, she was overwhelmed with things, I was overwhelmed with things, and we were two people who needed someone to be there for them, but couldn't be there for each other because we were dealing with our own shit.

along those lines, I had a huge internal conflict about this girl, her past was spotted at best... I'm a Christian, not the best, but a Christian none the less. I have a Christian view of what love is, what true love is, and her's did not line up the same way. ESPECIALLY when it came to sex. I'll just say it, she was more into just "hook up" than I was, not to say that she had been with tons of dudes or anything, but she had done whatever more than I could "be ok" with. It was a moral type dilemma. I just couldn't connect the idea that she could behave in that manor, in the sense that I hold people to a higher moral standard. honestly it really eats at me.. it still does. I just cant justify in my heart having sex outside the confines of a "loving" relationship, etc.. so yeah..

well we've been talking, and every phone call is a mess. she cries because she wants me back, and I want her back, but we can't get back together until I am all "better" about how I feel and what's going on in my life, and she needs to get herself together because honestly she has been caught up on the loss of her father, and some bad relationships that she kind of dumps onto ours unfairly. ultimately it turns to the fact that she and I have a lot to deal with, and when it was close, it was ok because we could just chill and watch movies, but now that we are far apart, we dwell on lame shit, fight, and basically ruin something that was rad..

and she wants to come see me. and I still want to be there. she's an AMAZING friend, I mean absolutely awesome. I just can't get over the fact that.. whatever. I mean I have a different moral standard I guess.

anyone been here? It sucks soo bad because I want to just kiss her face off when I see her, but it's not a good idea, and honestly I love her but she's just not right.. she's not the right fit. does the friendship work? or do you end up hitting it and ruining things; or kicking the shit out of her next boyfriend.... I can only imagine.

life is weird. I want to kiss the girl that lives the floor below me.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor@Jan 6 2005, 04:19 PM

should i continue spending $35 grand a year at art school to get a BFA and a very prestigious name on my resume, or stop and continue to develop painting on my own so i can feel like i have integrity?

this is a loaded answer because I am a B.F.A. at a very prestigious college. I did it because if ANYTHING the liberal arts core plus my focus area makes me MORE versed for various positions. that way I can get my masters in advertising or something and still paint, etc.

I don't know much about this issue though, I fight my stupid college tooth and nail, I wish I would have chosen a different major just because I want more money.

on a side note, Jodi told me that she wants more chips with her sandwich, and we talked about "portions." office small talk is the worst.

Here is some knowledge. give up on hot girls. totally give up on them. I hate girls who go to clubs, girls who make a fuss at the mall or girls who act like they run the planet. take a poetry class, or go to a folk concert and talk to the girl quietly sitting in the back taking notes or singing along.. hopefully silently.. avoid the one belting out the music.

THOSE girls are the girls with something to offer. those girls are fun to be around, like to cuddle to a movie, will smile when you open the door for them. THOSE girls value love, trust, and honesty. They will make better partners and life-mates.

AND on top of that, take them out to a nice dinner, and let them know you are going. don't wait for them to get ready, and I GUARANTEE that 90 percent will look AS GOOD if not BETTER than the club skanks or mall rats. (and really, conservative girls are hot anyway.)

i hear you on the second to last post (and the last post). i'm not religious whatsoever, but i was raised in a very traditional household. cheating, lying, divorce... they're just not something i've been exposed to, and therefore don't believe in. i'm a hopeless romantic as well, and can't understand how people can go around whoring themselves around like they have no self respect. my longest relationship ended when i found out that the girl had lied about the number of guys she had been with (plus she lied about a lot of other stuff too)... and i'm talking a huge difference between what she told me and the reality of her situation. i just couldn't look at her the same way. partially because i hate lying in general, but i just couldn't comprehend how she could just give her physical being to so many people, as if it meant nothing.

as far the friendship with an ex thing goes... i know for me it rarely works out. well, i'd say it depends on how things ended. if i still have feelings for the girl, there's no way i can hang out with them casually and pretend like everything is cool. i mean, i could, but it would be like torturing myself. anyway, good luck with that shit...

Originally posted by mkonji@Jan 6 2005, 04:43 PM

I wanna hear some crazy stories from highschool, like mad teachers and stuff.

high school:

one of the best stories from high school is the deal I made with my friend trumpet. long before there was jackass or viva la bam, there were just those stupid kids who skateboarded all the time and acted like assholes. that was me and my friends. well, one friend of mine who went by the name trumpet, made a deal with me. we agreed we could do whatever we wanted to towards one another so long as there was no punching in the face or stomach. that was so we wouldn't hurt each other as badly, because, hey, what is worse than a punch to the face? well...

we started by just shoving each other down the halls, especially when it was crowded. from that came tripping, and so it went. it lasted a few weeks, it was hilarious, we always caused a scene, whatever. well one day we were hanging out at my friend john boy's house. we used to climb up to the roof of the garage and hang out, and jump off when we were done. well one day I pushed trumpet off the roof. he wasn't expecting it, it wasn't a punch so it was cool. he was super mad, but it was in the terms so we ran with it. well later that day I was jumping on the trampoline and he hit me off with a pumpkin or something (this was around Halloween.) well after that, we were standing on the deck and I smashed him in the back with a trash can, put him IN the trash can, and used my friend john boy's Toyota to run into him IN the trash can (john boy held him inside.) well, we went on back and forth like THIS for a long time. one time I threw him in a river as we were crossing on the foot bridge, that was hilarious.

the final act was a long time coming. trumpet hadn't done anything in a few days, and I was getting tired of it, so I figured it was over. the way our high school was set up, there was a long driveway from the main road to the school, and it went around a small corner then back out to the road. well I am leaving school, talking to a girl or something, completely oblivious to what was going on around me. all of a sudden I hear a roaring engine, and no sooner can I look than trumpet hits me with his car. I rolled up the hood and broke his windshield if I remember correctly. he was only doing like 15 or something but it totally sucked and hurt like hell. I love that story.

this one is a bit spotty as far as accuracy, just because my memory isn't the best for those years. but that's BASICALLY how it happened.

Originally posted by Herbivore@Jan 6 2005, 04:46 PM

... i just couldn't comprehend how she could just give her physical being to so many people, as if it meant nothing.

thats my problem. when i heard what had happened, it's like a switch went in my head and i lost all respect for her, not only that but i also felt like when WE were intimate it was less meaningful, which is something i'm totally against.

again, im going back to quiet back of the classroom girls. i just need to get over being so damn shy.

Originally posted by trackstand@Jan 6 2005, 05:49 PM

What's the downstairs girl like? Describe her to us, why do you find her attractive?

ok, let's see..

5'4ish, black hair, the bangs across the eyes, short around the neck so it's like a long guys cut, punk styling, cute lips, bright eyes. looks like she listens to the shins, dashboard, and green day.. very cute girl. pink lips, and if I remember correctly pretty full. I think I just like her because she is cute, and I like having crushes. I don't even remember her name (but I could find it out on her mailbox, so it's cool.)

but just to give an idea, I now have a crush on the girl in my printmaking class, because she has cute hair. it's like curly and short, just off the shoulders.

I am hands down the most girl crazy guy you will ever meet.

the perfect girl would fit these criteria:

1) low relationship rate.. shoots for quality.

2) less than 3 partners. no one nighters.

3) very strong in herself, not a butch girl, but knows what she likes. doesn't try to absorb my interests into hers, but does like what I like at least enough to find it cute/fun.

4) goal oriented. making something of themselves. lost soldiers are ok, but an ULTIMATE goal is desirable.

5) big chest, and big lips. ( kidding, but not really.)

6) if you have curly hair, you win.

(this list in no way actually represents what I look for in women, but are just things that popped into my head as I typed this, although it does reflect my values and my ideal in a "mate")

*(edit)*

SHY is sexy. and QUIET is sexy. i like homebodies.

Archived