The Giving Tree Fountain Of Knowledge

Giving Tree

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TresOne

I think g-tree's ex girl must've gone psycho bitch on his ass and killed him or something..

But in the meantime, if you buy a bucket car, you're more than likely going to end up dumping more cash into it just to keep the fucking thing running. Lose-lose situation. Just grin and bear it and stick with the bus for a while.

Save some money and buy a half decent ride that might actually last. Hondas/Toyotas are usually a good bet, they're pretty reliable cars, but the call is yours.

g-tree:

should i keep going to art school at this huge university, or should i start working construction full time.

and dont tell me "do what makes you happier," cuz i like construction, but i like photography too. but construction will pay my bills, photo most likely wont.

Originally posted by boner@Jan 7 2005, 07:19 PM

how about a most embarrasing moment.. have any stories involving people shitting their pants?

I know a kid who shit himself on the school bus once, and he was in high school.

I don't really know many embarrassing moments, but I'll think and get back to this.

Originally posted by trackstand@Jan 7 2005, 07:23 PM

How are you holding up?

things are rough right now. girl here, emotionally I'm a pretty big mess, but putting my tough guy face on to choke through till Tuesday, she goes home at noon, I'll be at my new doctor at 2 and hopefully getting new meds to help me out.

I STILL haven't talked to downstairs girl either, but after this weekend downstairs girl might not want to talk to me... (noisy)

Originally posted by fatalist@Jan 7 2005, 07:47 PM

Should i have taken it personal?

Giving Tree shower me with your leaves of wisdom.

not to be a jerk, but this guy sounds disrespectful.

don't fade on things you feel passionate about. there are certain issues or topics that you should hold true to, politics being one. without a core, you aren't much of a person. don't let him compromise that. if he is disrespectful or rude to you, especially when debating various topics or when it comes to discussions, put him in check. don't sacrifice yourself.

Originally posted by poes@Jan 8 2005, 08:30 PM

DO u think i did the right thing by ordering 'All City- the book about taking space', 'how high' and friends series 10?

Apart from the book, its all damn cheap on amazon.

in my experience (and I've had a lot of it) buying books on Graff or anything related to the topic seems like a waste. I'd go to Barnes and noble and read it over a cup of chai tea. take in some of the pics, but honestly spending money on most of those books is a waste. there are a few I do like, however the majority are simply some desk-jerk's internet research coupled with his desire to make more and more money.

and for flicks, 12oz has AMAZING pictures, along with Artcrimes.com, so I use them for sources of images.

I wouldn't have spent the money on it, I'd have saved it for a nice dinner with a friend or a new sweater.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jan 9 2005, 07:41 PM

Giving Tree,

Should I use the money i have now to buy a bucket car, or should i continue using the bus for a time until my funds are enough to where I can purchase a decent/good car? Also, what kind of car would you recommend based on your answer to the question above?

well if I were you, and comfortable with taking the bus, take the bus. it's not a bad deal, and you can meet some nice people on it. save your money and buy a car worth buying, because you'll just be disappointed with a bucket.

as for a "nice" car.. for the 3-6k range you can get into a Honda, civic or accord, and honestly they are pretty nice cars. I've seen them in the 200k mile range and still running very nicely. the next step, the 6-10k range, and older Volvo. Volvo's are very nice. very reliable. only problem is the fact that they are an import, so if they DO need repairs, it can get expensive. then the 10k+ range, 325i or something in that range. bmw's wet panties. the 325 can also be swapped for a convertible Saab, which if you can afford the insurance, is also a very nice car.

I love imports.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Jan 10 2005, 08:43 AM

g-tree:

should i keep going to art school at this huge university, or should i start working construction full time.

well I work full time and go to college, so I say do both. find a contractor who is willing to let you work half days or weekends or something around your school schedule and do it. might have to do school part time, but the money in construction is good and if you make a decent budget you can get by on 20-30 hours a week.

but if you HAD to choose, go to school. you can ALWAYS do construction, well, until your knees go. but college is an opportunity you shouldn't pass up. especially if you can afford it.

A perfect screen name for the endless amount of answers...Great thread!

About girl downstairs, accidentaly have some of her mail delivered to your spot (or make it up...make junk mail with her address and name on it). Then go and knock on her door and deliver the mail to her add a compliment in the mix, get a smile out of her and muster up the courage to ask if she'd be interested in dinner or something...Ah, it might work...Good luck

How did the visit with the ex go?

heres an update on my relationalship status:

Well last night i ended our whole friendship. I couldn't take it anymore, I'm crazy about this guy, but it's pointless to tell him exactly how i feel, because that's not what he wants right now. I let him know i couldn't talk to him anymore, i said i felt unappreciated, and plus i needed to get over him.

He just kept saying "Why are you throwing it all away" and "Your the only one i have to talk too." I hate when he says shit like that. Giving Tree did i throw it all away. If i did give me some advice so i can fix this shit.

Shit i feel so lonely without him. :crying:

people fall into 3 catagories: friends, aquaintances, and people you party with. for 4 and a half months i have been trying to date a true friend that used to date my best friend. I am so torn up over this shit. On friday she finally said "i love you" which i thought was our final obstical. i was wrong. sunday was the second time me, her and my best friend were in the same room together and it was only akward for me as they had gotten over their animosity like when i told him we were fucking. He cheated on her and was and is living with this bitch that he cheated with. they(my friends) were broke up at the time and i love her more than him. she loves him more than me. I guess that was 3rd time. the first time they fought like they just broke up. I was living on the streets and she told me I wasn't allowed to do that so i had to stay with her. My thoughts are so jumbled right no and i apologize for rambling. I am coming to the question in round about way. Our dating was tottally her idera. the whole time her and my friend were dating, the thought of fucking her never crossed my mind. on 9/10/04 she asks me to to date her and i think about it for a minute and aghree. i don't have a lot of women knocking at my door plus i sincerely care abut her and she can't live alone just like me so why not? fuck it. the story is making no sense so on to the questions.

Having put this much effort into it, is it worth waiting for?

Should I try to maintain the friendship knowing it will never go father even though i want it so so bad?

this was the first time i saw my best friend thatt he wasn't mad and I'll see him periodically and she is weird about it i guess the question is do i try to date her like i have been, hoping she comes around, do i tell her to fuck off? have i been used? is love worth the pain especially when it is not mutual? At least she did not lie to me like most bitches. she will go painting with me in the snow and not bitch so throw that into the euation and any feedback is appreciated. it mostly means you are as fucked up as i am, being able to comprehend my rambling thoughts. 12 oz ruls. this thread rules.

Originally posted by xen@Jan 14 2005, 01:17 AM

stuff

as far as I'm concerned, when someone can't reciprocate the feelings you have, it's not going to become "right" or feel "good" for either one or both individuals involved. it's hard thinking "I love you so much, but you just can't give that back (for whatever reason)" but IF that is the case, you got to let go. I'm not saying to not be friends, or to not try later down the line even, but for some reason right now things are not right, and you can't be the selfish one and try to pull her/him into loving you. it's hard to hear that, because I had that same situation recently, but you need to not only do what's best for YOU (trust me, if they can't give what you "need" then it's just going to hurt more when you feel MORE and they stay in the same place or lose more..) but do what's best for her/him as well. It's hard for the other individual as well, I've seen both sides. It ultimately comes down to this; do you really want to be with someone who doesn't love you back? when you're lonely it's hard to read this correctly, and when you desperately just want someone (it's ok to feel this way sometimes) you just want it more, but honestly.. if they can't give you what you need, or feel like you do, it's not right, at least right now. give them space, and time. move on with your life, don't wait. there WILL be someone who can give back, and then you'll see why it had to go the way it did. just have faith.

giving tree: I'm coming around...

giving tree, if it wasnt for the fact that all of your answers are so concise and well written id accuse you of making all of it up. instead im just going to beileve you and enjoy it. i also have a question, dear abby style

Dear Wisdom Tree

Last night i called my girlfriend to see if she wanted to hang out. she couldnt, she was eating dinner with her family and then hanging out with a friend. so i say lets hang out tommorow then, and tell her to call me tommorow morning. she pauses, then says "you just call me". i said alright and that was the end of the conversation.

what the fuck does that MEAN, giving tree? It probably doesnt mean anything, but Im really bored, and you seem to have the answer to everything.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by mkonji@Feb 7 2005, 02:14 PM

why cant i be bothered to make anything for my lunch?

that didn't even make sense..

you mean you can't be bothered making lunch? or you didn't make lunch?

I don't usually make my lunch before-hand because I really don't know what i'll want to eat then.

last night i made tacos though, and the extra dollar for extra lean ground beef is DEFIANTELY worth it.

giving: dieting.

This is such a cool thread

Now a stupid question but as a complete stranger you may have an off the wall truly inspring answer!

I make my sandwiches before work everyday and the last three weeks I'm completely and utterly over every variety of sandwich i can think of.

Now I'm a fairly boring person it's usually meat (beef or ham or salami)

cheese (swissor cheddar or gouda)

and salad.

generally it has mustard or mayo on it.

Hit me up with a suggestion for something out of the blue. Please. My tastebuds will saute you! even if it's just an ingredient that changed your life it'll help!

cheers

P.S yep that extra dollar for lean beef is so worth it!

As for lunch, why not completely move away from sandwiches? Canned soups are getting better and better, and if you're single and/or live alone, I make a bit extra at night so the next day I can pick at that instead of trying to cook another meal. Just an idea, not good for EVERY day, but sometimes it's good. especially with Indian food, it's WAY better the 2nd day.

I love peanut butter and jelly, especially lately, but even those tend to get tiring. another option if you MUST go with a sandwich is to buy some of that canned chicken breast and make a chicken salad sandwich. I know everyone says "gross, canned chicken" but honestly it's pretty good and MUCH faster than cooking chicken. for some extra flavor add some curry. I love curry.

Originally posted by Giving Tree+Feb 7 2005, 03:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giving Tree - Feb 7 2005, 03:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mkonji@Feb 7 2005, 02:14 PM

why cant i be bothered to make anything for my lunch?

that didn't even make sense..

you mean you can't be bothered making lunch? or you didn't make lunch?

I don't usually make my lunch before-hand because I really don't know what i'll want to eat then.

last night i made tacos though, and the extra dollar for extra lean ground beef is DEFIANTELY worth it.

giving: dieting.

[/b]

In the end i did make my self something, out the freezer. But before i got too hungry i couldnt be bothered to make anything.

Archived