Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it seem like everytime i draw the styles different i used to be a alright artist but me and my friend smoked a blunt and he passed me out with that rising shotgun shit its like im not connecting my brain and my hands as good as i used too.before that i at least drew more than one picture at a time.now i basically just draw a piece a day on some shit like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So what's up everyone, I made an account and wanted to start posting on here to get some tips, and from what I've been reading so far, I already have a couple ideas of where to start and what I need to go back and work on. I'm not going to act like I'm the least bit good, because I'm toy enough to know that I'm not shit, and for that, I need my shit to be torn apart a good couple times

20180101_142615.thumb.jpg.b939c106961d4a5ad7ac16dc1fcf780c.jpg

20171230_120813.thumb.jpg.a202440921d6555fe5884a5e621f99d9.jpg

20171127_082257.thumb.jpg.90a751b705b01aa0d9025bf050d6cf7c.jpg

IMG_20180108_105223_287.thumb.jpg.a078433bf106e6bef349cc372625500c.jpg

• Like 1

Same advice as almost all toys - start simple, stay simple. After that, keep doing simples.

Everyone's problem - as was mine - was trying to get too tricky too soon. Go back to doing simples and straights until they are clean as a whistle. If you get board, just make them lean a little or something very, very basic. Only after people tell you that you have simples down should you start even thinking about extensions and connections.

Go back to doing simples and post them.

• Like 1

In saying that, the second one is pretty simple.

Make sure that the bars on your letters are all a uniform size. the L and the I are upright but the F and the E are on a lean. The E isn't balanced at all.

Try for a while choosing an established typefase, like something with serifs. Get used to drawing them text book clean but add shadows or 3D. Dont' bother trying to make up letters at the start, others have already done that for you. Pick a typeface and master it. Then start to make them lean, or curve, then you can think of adding the funk, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot. I definitely went all in from the start trying to get tricky with my fills & background without any “artistic” experience. I actually said today after painting something horrific that I’m sticking to straights & throwies from now on until I can get some consistency. Hardest thing for me is definitely keeping my letters balanced, those two I posted were all thanks to pencil & eraser because my hand control is terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
Life, your tag is pretty beat to be honest. Like other dude said, you’re trying too hard to make it look like graffiti. Just do some nice legible all caps letters and go from there. Also, id pick a different name, life is very far from unique. But that’s entirely up to you.

Nobody in my city nor anywhere on the internet have I seen anyone write life so I’ll stick with it, unique enough for me & I dig the word. As for the all legible capital letters that’s what I started with, & over about 6 months it turned into this tag because of how it flows. I dislike the average half legible tag that all look fairly the same & feel that mine actually has some uniqueness to it vs all the other average joes I see. I know my pieces are shit, but I also believe there is no “correct” way for a tag to look. All the “proper” tags look bland in my opinion. That is all anyone really has though... personal opinion

Nobody in my city nor anywhere on the internet have I seen anyone write life so I’ll stick with it, unique enough for me & I dig the word. As for the all legible capital letters that’s what I started with, & over about 6 months it turned into this tag because of how it flows. I dislike the average half legible tag that all look fairly the same & feel that mine actually has some uniqueness to it vs all the other average joes I see. I know my pieces are shit, but I also believe there is no “correct” way for a tag to look. All the “proper” tags look bland in my opinion. That is all anyone really has though... personal opinion

youre in the toy thread asking for advice. yes there is no correct way but with that tag there your shit is not gonna last. you have no style yet and your claiming your tags are better than the other "average joe" tags? a unique tag like your talking about takes years and years to develop. have to crawl before you can walk.