Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My first bust was in a gondola full of rebar. We were just falling asleep when we hear "Time to get out boys". The RR cop was peering over the side of the gon and we were ushered off. We didn't even feel the train stop. The cop was apologetic, saying "Sorry boys, but the crew saw people jumping from car to car." It ended up two mexicans were 5 cars ahead of us, horsing around and the crew called it in.

The best way to get busted is to have the attitude of "fuck the police" That's where you will fall down the stairs of the one story jail house. Just remember one thing, when you are riding, you are BREAKING THE LAW. The cop is doing his job by trying to keep you off the rails. He's being a hard-ass to try and make it harder for you to ride. If you are polite and quiet and "yes Sir" and "No Sir", he might go easy on you. I never argue with the cop. I also have never been arrested by a RR cop. They have checked my ID plenty of times and warned me out of the yard.

Sorry to hear that. What were the charges? Were there any midigating circumstances? Many times police act like bastards because of a totally unrelated reason. Was there a missing or abducted child from the area? Was there a shooting locally? Cops get very nervous when theres guns and strangers in their towns. Were there break ins in the area you were walking? Were you taking pictures in a restricted area?

One year I was coming home from a late shift at work and was pulled over in my hometown. I was asked to get out of the car and patted down. When I asked what was going on, I was told to shut up. I shutted up. Of course I was thinking these cops in my hometown were acting like dicks. Then I found out what had happened. Someone during a traffic stop down the road had killed one of the local cops. So you can never tell why they are being dicks until you find out more info.

If any of you are interested, I just put out a new zine called Decrepit Americana dedicated to hobo monikers and other random rail relics. 48 pages, black and white full page picture goodness. If you would like a copy, get in touch with me. Definitely interested in talking with other people with the same interest, so, yeah, get in touch.

img1646o.jpg

i was charged with 2 trespassing crimes, destruction of property (cuz they said there were fresh monikers on one of the trains and i had markals in my bag), and public intoxication....they still have my camera and my phone.....bastards. they used "9/11" as an excuse to fuck with me which i think is really messed up but its all misdemeanors so fuck it

sucks getting busted or hassled but its part of the game.

got a handful of tickets and been to jail once for riding. sucks but im not really complaining. i know what im doing is a crime so if i get popped it aint a surprise when i get in trouble. ehhh...

a lot of people i know who werent doing anything have a very different idea of doing nothing than i do.

like they were wasted yelling at the cops to fuck off and die. hahaha.

i never give the bull attitude if get pulled off or stopped near a yard. dude is just doing what hes there for. fuck it. BE SNEAKIER YA FUCKS.

I pinched a nerve in my shoulder and I've been offline for a couple of weeks. Man, I tell you what--a pinched nerve hurts like a SONofabitch. Caused my fingers to go numb, and it hurt like +5 all the way from my neck down to the fingertips of my little finger and ring finger on my right hand. I couldn't even pick up a cup of coffee it hurt so bad--like an electric shock. Still hurts some, but not as bad.

tha518--That CP line to N'Awlins could be shared track with NS or something like that. They swap trackage rights around so much it's hard to keep it all straight.

Canadian National [/i (CN) ]runs out of Markham Yard ---south of Chicago in Homewood or Harvey, if memory serves--- south through Effingham IL, then Fulton KY, then Memphis TN, then Jackson MS and then to New Orleans.

Sorry to hear that Kabar but i'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Now that the holidays are upon us again, maybe it's time to reiterate your philosophy on the sign fliers around christmas. you posted it up here many pages back but perhaps should be bumped. you have a much better command of the english language than i do so if you get bored, post it back up.

SPARE SOME CHANGE FOR A NEEDY RIDER. IT'S FUCKING CHRISTMAS. THAT 2 BUCKS ISN'T GOING TO KILL YOU BUT MIGHT MAKE A TRAMP'S DAY.

• 2 weeks later...

My arm is still fucked up. I've been going to a chiropractor trying to get it straight. I thought that the original pinched nerve hurt bad---holy shit, the chiropractor is like being tortured, but I must admit it is helping. It just hurts like a motherfucker to have those nerves percussed and manipulated.

And the internet makes it worse, so I'll talk to you guys later. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year if I don't see ya.

BTW, Stretch and Burl are in Casa Grande, AZ, waiting for the Combat RailFans New Year's Eve Party. Ya'll come. Bring lots of fireworks. And libations.

Kabar, I've done the same thing before, let me tell you, dealt with it for two months man. Chiropractor, man, I'm iffy on those guys, but what worked for me was physical therapy.... I tried a Chiro first, and it made it worse man... heat, massage and stretching by a physical therapist got me back in order... I lost feeling in tip of my index finger, but it is what it is man.

It's great in the wintertime, but I hate riding Down South in the summer. Lord Have Mercy, it's HOT. You are also correct about things being a little more slack as far as the bulls go, but it's mainly because there's fewer of them and they have a lot of territory to cover. If you do something abyssmally stupid, like ground reconnaisance in the daylight, they will still bust you. It's all kind of relative. Basically, if you piss off the cops you're going to jail. In my opinion, it's much smarter to be respectful, stay away from the yard or the crew change in the daytime, and then go catch out at night.

BE LIKE THE SNOWBIRDS--North in the Summer, South in the Winter.

• Like 1