Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

Trainhopping Commodified

Sold out, pimped out, turned out by dickless Hollywood media whores.

Anyone found wearing a pair of these peterpuffer jeans should be drowned head first in a outhouse cesspool. (And, just to be utterly clear, these fucking idiots risked their lives showing the best way to get cut in half by a freight train that I have ever, ever seen on video. Assholes. DO NOT HIT BOXCARS LIKE THESE CLUELESS IDIOTS DID. NEVER EVER USE "THE COLLEGE-BOY SWING" (PUTTING YOUR PALMS FLAT ON THE BOXCAR FLOOR AND JUMPING UP TO LOCK YOUR ELBOWS) TO MOUNT A BOXCAR DOOR. IF YOU SLIP, YOU WILL FALL STRAIGHT UNDER THE WHEELS. THOSE STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS.)

I got to ask why even post that video? I just encourages people who should never do this to do this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hobo (me) shakes hands with US Department of Transportation Secratary Lahood Yesterday!!!

Yesterday I was at the Annual Convention of League of American Wheelmen who is the National Bike Advocacy Group in the US..(Mostly Road Bikers and Commuters).. He gave the opening speech at the Grand Hyatt. He was still pushing high speed rail although at a much lower level then before. He supports the Rock Island Trail in Peoria were he is from and a former Congressman. He says that his family rides regulary on the rail trails around his home and in DC....Aside from this though I keep getting the word that "Real Bikers: dont use rail trails" from serious cyclists. I like the rail trails because of the low pressure and when they actually go somewhere like the C&O canal train to Cumberland MD or The KATY Trail across the State of Missouri. Granted there are peak times like weekends and rush hour...But taking my time and the low grades are very helpful for conserving my energy.

I got to ask him after the meeting about Bikes on Amtrak and City Buses. As it stands now there are few trains left with baggage cars and when you do have one you have to field strip the bike down to it parts to get into a box. (Which strips parts as well). I would like too see what CalTrain and Europe have is bikes on a all the trains including the Acela trains. He said he would look into it and to follow up with a letter.

But in the end I got to shake hands with the man who shakes hands with the President.

Illuminati---

This video has been running online,on YouTube, on TV and everywhere else for months. I just had never seen it before a couple of days ago. I ran across it by accident on YouTube.com.

The kind of dickweed assholes who would even make a video like this to commodify trainhopping and sell punk-ass phony baloney blue jeans as "hip" are just beyond reaching. They will never get it. These fucks would do anything for money, sell out any idea, pollute any river, addict people to horrifying drugs, whatever. They do not understand and have no desire to understand. All they care about is making money and living the shit-sucking bourgeois lifestyle they have bought into. I'd like to chop off their goddamned fingers. ASSHOLES.

These pricks spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to show God-only-knows how many thousands of teenaged kids a commercial that depicts a potentially fatal method of hitting a boxcar as "cool."

I sincerely hope the jeans company goes bankrupt because of their stupidity. These dickweeds are ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS.

Flatcar--I hitched and hopped trains with my girlfriend back in the 1970's (she later became my first wife.) At age nineteen or twenty she was as good-looking as the actresses in that commercial, but you're right, girls that attractive are few and far between on the rails.

For those of you that have never been on an Acela train.... It's like getting on a airline. Literally, the seats are comfortable but there is no room put a pack and you can't bring much in the way of luggage. It's a commuter train from Boston to washington.

Xen---

The Amory Railroad Festival is happening as usual. Stretch is working his way that direction. Last time I talked to him he was still holed up in Casa Grande, drinking with some buddy he met.

Here's the website for Amory. Don't be put off by the Old Miss sorority girl thing-- remember, the people that run the Amory festival are the elite, fraternity/sorority landed gentry of Mississippi. They treated us GREAT last time I was there. Very nice people.

Somewhere down the stack is a report of my last trip to Amory detailing the Great Hobo/Plantation-Owner Drunken Jungle Party. It was great---full-timer tramps partying with the Rich Folks down in the jungle. We were swimming in booze, but we can't expect that every year, you know? It was fun, though.

Technically, Amory is in a dry county, but apparently that doesn't mean anything if you've got enough money, LOL. Under normal circumtances it's ix-nay on the ooze-bay.

http://www.amoryrailroadfestival.com/

God willing and the creeks don't rise (which from the amount of rain and snow we've gotten is probable) I'm giving this one an honest effort. Casa Grande isn't a bad place to hole up and drink IMO. You have any plans on making it this year?

My friend told me a story of when he was downtown and this hobo was bumming for change and the guy wouldnt give it to him so the hobo took shit and filled a sock with it and chased the guy down the street before flinging it at him like something straight out of david and goliath, shit was intense he said. no pun intended haha. idk if it really happened but he hasnt steered me wrong yet.

personally hoboes scare the hell out of me, almost as bad as black people do..(no offense)

Don't confuse hobo with bum. There is a difference. There are psychotics in every part of society and probably more so out on the road.

I would value a pair of socks way too much to shit in it. Even if I had worn them for a few miles.

As would black people.

if someone called me a bum i might knock their fucking block off.

then again im not a hobo either. i just ride trains when i feel like going/need to be somewhere.

not 24/7/365 rail life. longest ive traveled steady is maybe 3 or 4 months at a time then chill somewhere for a little while then roll around some more etc... i always end up back in pooston eventually.

Jeez Louise, RN, if you're not a tramp, then who is? I'd say the way you lead your life pretty much personifies that of the modern hobo.

Tramps back in the day didn't ride 24/7/365 either. They rode to get somewhere, looking for a job. Staying on the road continuously for months at a time is more of a modern phenomenon that started about the same time WWII ended.

i just have high standards i guess. if someone says they are something they better be that all the way. too many half ass fools out there. ride one or two trains and have a bunch of patches on their carhartts and think they are some thing special... then they ask me for change...hahaha.

ive definitely got some miles under my belt and know a lot about trains but i havent been on a train since last october so i dunno. about to head east to tennesee, va and all them spots i havent been to on a train yet in april with a couple of amigos and film it all so everyone can see how god damn dumb we are when we drink too much whiskey. not wedding train dumb though...FUCK!

then its back home to continue the art hustle.

What do you guys usually carry load-out wise? I'm always real interested in what people carry in backpacks and shit, I don't know why.

i carry weird shit that people wonder about until something happens and i whip it out and fix someting thats broken with it.

i carry some clothes. like a couple of shirts and usually pair of pants and pair of shorts if its shorts time. always have a hoodie in there. maps. little shit can opener fork some rope shoe strings random shit. DICE. a tarp. some of those emergency panchos which i rack all the time even when im not traveling. food. i carry my water in my pack too because i hate holding shit while i walk. art supplies because its what i do and i can sell something i made instead of begging all day which i think is wack. probably more shit i cant think of right now. my shit is usually a good 40-50 lbs depending on how much watwer im carrying. inotherwords in summer my pack can get heavy as shit becasue id rather be tired than thirsty on a train in the sun.

i know people who travel with nothing more than a jansport like day pack or whatever. i cant do it that way.