MSK FLICKS

dr. frink one

werd, Im somewhat familar with Joker and the Transend stuff. But like I said, me being from the East he wasnt much on my radar so it's something to be said there for sure. This is a tough area for such a young artform. Because what you say is true, sometimes similar things happen around the same time with no actual relation to each other. No one is out there really recording the actual day things happen cuz in the moment its just another idea, sometimes they unfold clearer and later on the scene in that area adapts it, or makes it a common understanding of where it came from. Then just like this, decades later you mentioned Joker. I sorta have to take your word for it because I know they where also thinking outside the box in the 90's but to my knowledge their's ( transcend) was all blends and shapes, no real letters at all with it, Ive never seen an example of them doing this connected to outlines and forcefields and fills etc. Again, my history of Transcend and Joker's work isnt that thorough to say otherwise. Anyways, it's late, Im in that philosophical mood about graff again. lol

Gaze and Joker can be easily linked through Styles For Miles,the outline zine put out by Air "the flying A" GZ.If memory serves correct,they were in the same bootleg xeroxed copy that I somehow got a hold of,mid-90's,in Minneapolis.I'm not calling that common knowledge or anything,but the links exist,if you wanna talk about history.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont know how many people have seen this yet, but i found it to be really weird. Im not trying to be a hater or anything,

i'd call it being the devil's advocate, MSK is doing their thing and they're some of the nastiest writers around, but come on... :rolleyes:

http://revok1.com/blog/2010/06/norm-mcdonalds-tokyo/

I really don’t understand the concept of complaining about this situation to the point of making remarks about a lawsuit, come on,

dont be a complete hypocrite. As a writer how could you even make a statement like that? Graffiti is painting on shit thats not yours,

if you’re looking for personal recognition via reserved rights on your creative property you’re clearly looking in the wrong field.

I dig all the MSK heads are arguably the most established graffiti writers on the planet, and surely make their income now through related endeavors,

which is great, but, lets not beat around the bush here. Graffiti is all about getting up and being seen, now he doesnt even have to do it

himself because one of the most gigantic corporations on the planet is doing it for him. In my opinion, take it gracefully and stop being silly.

Sure it sucks getting your graff ripped off, but the same sort of thing has happened to numerous other graffiti writers and urban artists in the past,

its one of many risks you take painting illegally in the first place, so dont act like its some insane atrocity when something like this happens.

two cents.

Yeah, sympathize with McDonalds.

They've done such great things for this country and the rest of the world.

I'd get all the money I had for the best lawyer possible and make sure I got free chicken McNuggets for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward" fuck lawsuits dont get butthurt cuz some japanese mcdonalds had your art as their wallpaper, who fucking cares. if that dude follows through and sued them then i lost mad respect for you money slave faggots

i gotta chime in here...seems mcdonalds has a track record for soin stuff like this...we did a wall in nyc..they used it in a commercial..we told them we were gonna sure em and they settled out of court very very quickly..so norm..go get em!!!

demerock

wallnuts

vicious styles!

no disrespect to either of em but nace was doin it way before either of them.

Nace got if from Gaze both DF.... pose who painted with DF and ATT got it from Nace.

Progress my friends... we all feed off each other. Nothing is new.

no disrespect to either of em but nace was doin it way before either of them.

Nace got if from Gaze both DF.... pose who painted with DF and ATT got it from Nace.

Progress my friends... we all feed off each other. Nothing is new.

you got it. . . nothing is new, stop guessing who made it and just go with the idea that none of them did, some one did it before gaze, and some one did it before the guy that did it before gaze.

Yeah, sympathize with McDonalds.

They've done such great things for this country and the rest of the world.

I'd get all the money I had for the best lawyer possible and make sure I got free chicken McNuggets for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I despise MacDonalds BUT, looks like they used and ILLEGAL Norm. So by him saying I did that doesent that give the pigs a right to go after him for any illegal graff he has done in the past?

If that aint the case - fuck em Norm get your money. FUCK Mickey Ds

..that norm ordeal is fuckin wierd..

i'd go for the 'outta court settle' just so i can cop a mill' and fuck over micky'D's real quick..

wouldnt wanna get lawyers involved..but im just a broke ass nigga filll'd w/GREED i guess.

bump NORM,ROIDS,RIME & REVOK

You guys are more than likely all wrong, unless Norm actually took that photograph that they reproduced. Photographer more than likely to get rich then the Vandal who painted it in a public space.

my dad is a lawyer & I dropped this scenario on him & this quote ^^^ is absolutely correct.

not to mention the rediculous amounts of money it costs to file overseas law suites. international copyright laws are NOT inforced overseas. Hence bootleg LV and every other established and wealthy Company from all over the globe coming out of Asia. If LV aint shutting down copyright infrindgements do you think Norm is ever gonna see a single penny? He'd wind up losing money. Welcome to reality, where unless you can knock someone out, it wont make a bit of difference in the courts. His best bet is to try to hunt down the hired photographer and get some street justice.

"whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward" fuck lawsuits dont get butthurt cuz some japanese mcdonalds had your art as their wallpaper, who fucking cares. if that dude follows through and sued them then i lost mad respect for you money slave faggots

money slave faggots? thems called royalties homeboy,and its not a mom and pop that anyone is trying to bleed dry,its fucking mcdonalds. they can afford to put up some duckets and also respect any stipulations for use of the artwork that were laid down. after all,if he let it ride without any action,McD's would do whatever they wanted with that image and it could end up on millions of drink cups and sandwich wrappers,with your man Norm not getting a penny off it and people like you throwing jokes about MSK bombing happy meals. Fuck that,get that paper homie,or at least go to court and re-claim intellectual property that is rightfully yours.

my dad is a lawyer & I dropped this scenario on him & this quote ^^^ is absolutely correct.

i have always heard that photos are equal property of the photographer and the artist/model/subject that is photographed,hence the reason that if photo/video is being used to make profit,a photographer has to have signed waivers of the subject's consent to appear. run that by your father because i personally would like to know.

Archived