MSK FLICKS

dr. frink one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i feel like that windy technique is dope..but i think pose has mastered it..

dont get me wrong.. revok is the SHIT.. styles for miles.. jus saying.. bump all of msk.

no disrespect to either of em but nace was doin it way before either of them.

tp3n4_nace.jpg

68_GreyPathtrain.jpg

roadhouse, read a page back. those nace's are 99'

my bad didnt realize you already dropped the knowledge. but had the same thought process as you.

and we both know if u asked pose or revok, etc if they started that effect they wouldnt take credit for it

Cant take anything from Revok, I feel like the man's legacy and art speaks for itself, and I definitely give props where theyre due. But it's hilarious when people on this site see stuff, give credit but don't realize where its origin came from. And just assume the writers they look up to must have invented it all. For instance, the "sideways blur" breaking thru or from the outline specifically goes back way to Imok/Df GAZE in the early 90's. With Revok being on the left coast, I'm not even sure if Gaze's work is even on his radar but it's pretty common knowledge to anyone from the east coast in the 90's that Gaze was doin some pretty ground breaking shit at the time, from open outlines where the fill just blending into the background, to spraying paint into a cap and just throwing it on some Jackson Pollock shit. He was really pushing the limits back then and touching on stuff that is only being appreciated today by a lot of people who may or may not know it's origins. Im sure Rime knows about Gaze and some of the things he was doing back then from comin up with Nace who was directly linked to those crews in the 90's. I'd post the flick of the Gaze but I doubt anyone cares enough in here, if curious, one of the many Gaze did wth that side blur is posted on page 48 of the DF thread, and I believe a few on the pages before that.

Anyways, just trying to shed some light to the youth. lol carry on fellas.

halaluya! i can do fades again without being called a biter!

i dont know how many people have seen this yet, but i found it to be really weird. Im not trying to be a hater or anything,

i'd call it being the devil's advocate, MSK is doing their thing and they're some of the nastiest writers around, but come on... :rolleyes:

http://revok1.com/blog/2010/06/norm-mcdonalds-tokyo/

I really don’t understand the concept of complaining about this situation to the point of making remarks about a lawsuit, come on,

dont be a complete hypocrite. As a writer how could you even make a statement like that? Graffiti is painting on shit thats not yours,

if you’re looking for personal recognition via reserved rights on your creative property you’re clearly looking in the wrong field.

I dig all the MSK heads are arguably the most established graffiti writers on the planet, and surely make their income now through related endeavors,

which is great, but, lets not beat around the bush here. Graffiti is all about getting up and being seen, now he doesnt even have to do it

himself because one of the most gigantic corporations on the planet is doing it for him. In my opinion, take it gracefully and stop being silly.

Sure it sucks getting your graff ripped off, but the same sort of thing has happened to numerous other graffiti writers and urban artists in the past,

its one of many risks you take painting illegally in the first place, so dont act like its some insane atrocity when something like this happens.

two cents.

Archived