Shoes?

Fugazi

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 5/1/2020 at 8:21 PM, ndv said:

Hmmm...  thats a good return.   Have you seen the NBs on louisaviaroma.com  ??  Some nice NBs I haven't seen in typical shoes stores. 

I like most of the 900 series

You're right, the premium models don't really make it out to most stores unless they're more high end shops. Not everyone wants to pay 300$ for a dad shoe but imo they're more than worth it. Ive payed that and more for Air Max's that fall apart long before a pair of 990s will. I'm still a NIKE guy at heart but even I'll admit the build quality on NBs is just a cut above

E: On the premium Made in USA NBs. They have scrap quality ones too. Those 100$ NB beaters you can pick up at foot locker wont hold up.

• Props 2

12 hours ago, Kults said:

I like most of the 900 series

You're right, the premium models don't really make it out to most stores unless they're more high end shops. Not everyone wants to pay 300$ for a dad shoe but imo they're more than worth it. Ive payed that and more for Air Max's that fall apart long before a pair of 990s will. I'm still a NIKE guy at heart but even I'll admit the build quality on NBs is just a cut above

E: On the premium Made in USA NBs. They have scrap quality ones too. Those 100$ NB beaters you can pick up at foot locker wont hold up.

You basically explained my reasoning as to why I have become more attracted to buying higher-end shoes for the past couple years.   Like you I am still a Nike guy at heart, but honestly, over the past few years, I started to get irritated walking in a shoe store and all you see is NIKE every where (an entire wall dedicated to them)  and smaller spot for all other shoes brands.  Which I guess I was OK with since I am a NIKE guy, but the other irritating thing about all the shoes are the price tag and build quality/materials.  I get the impression the shoes isn't worth it, so I shun away, and started really looking at build quality and comfort.    

So when I started looking at designer shoes, I noticed they have common build practices, one being premium leather used inside the shoe apposed to cloths and synthetics.  That alone turned me on, but how ever, the prices are your 300+ range easy, 300+ more so being on the low end.  don't get me wrong, there's a lot of high-end brands that suck too (high quality materials slapped together)  and that is where I guess the stigma of "You're just paying for the name" comes in to play more so than other brands/designers in that category.    the other down side to the stigma of wearing designer shoes is the fuck-boi image.   But whatever...  Gucci makes some really comfortable sneakers.  They really do.   I am amazed at how gucci can use very little materials as possible and construct in such a way the shoe feels comfortable.  It has impressed me.    But of course you have Off White which cannot make a shoe to save the companies life.    

Anyhow, I guess what I am saying is that I may have made the mistake of labeling  NB with all other brands that I slowly shun away (guilty by association) and began to become out of touch with my shoe game and need to fix that.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Decyferon said:

Just gives me the option of how to wear the jeans, tbf I do need a few pairs with taper, I do have a few but not jeans 

20200512_185851.jpg

I like the Levi’s cuts. 502s for regular tapered or 512s for a slimmer cut. 

Growing up in the 90s I wore enough baggy shit to last a lifetime. Baggy is coming back in style again but I just can’t.

Flashbacks of XXXL baggy fits 

3DF69B97-589A-4019-BAED-F8D5475C8313.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kults said:

@glorydaysremember axions ugh

a13141ba9e2739c1e6d101506e91090b.jpg

broooo...i'm not gonna lie, those shoes sucked dick. I couldn't bend the toes of them shits even if someone had a gun to my head

remember steve-o had a shoe....because he couldn't get on the Ice Cream team?

sneaux shoes were literal copies of vans and ice cream shoes

Actor Steve-O poses at the Sneaux Shoes booth at the MAGIC ...

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, ndv said:

@Kults maybe this will help 🤷‍♂️ 

StockX - Nike Green Camo

Screenshot_20200516-155757_Gmail.jpg

Forget Stock X, they dropped yesterday, theyre still available at retail no? I like em but its nothing to get too hyped about. AM90s are a staple but dime a dozen

Just now, ndv said:

don't know, this is the first time I seen these.  Just got the email. 

Just checked on sneakers app, indeed sold out already. Im surprised tbh

These were the duck camo ones from last month

Nike-Air-Max-90-Duck-Camo-CW6024-600-Release-Date.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kults said:

Just checked on sneakers app, indeed sold out already. Im surprised tbh

These were the duck camo ones from last month

Nike-Air-Max-90-Duck-Camo-CW6024-600-Release-Date.jpg

of course they sold out.  

Why is it that I never get a heads up on the cool sneaker drops.  I may have to use my connections.   I know someone who works for nike. 

• Props 1