bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

So, does anybody use a bicycle computer?

I have been thinking about getting one to keep track of millage and speed, my father encouraged me to get one that can measure rpm of the crank as well, so called "cadence"?. He dispensed this advice without having ever owned a cyclo-computer, thought I would as here.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You can get a cateye computer with cadence for I think like $20. I havent thrown one on the crossbike yet because i've been getting along fine with a free app i downloaded for my iphone called BikeMate. It records everything and the route for me to view later.

Cadence is good to have just to help you pedal at a steady rate. After a while you get the hang of knowing how fast you're pedaling without looking. The mother of all clycocomputers are ones with heart rate monitors so you can determine what level of exercise your working out in and avoid over-exhausting yourself to the point of negative returns.

For sure. I'm living in downtown fairfax. I'm calling it the Moraga of the North Bay. Sir Frank's exactly like Moraga Way, and this is my new pinehurst. Only diff between Moraga and Fairfax is there's a brewery in town, so It's a livable situation. Bout to go check out those fire roads.

That's an amazing set of bikes too.

I wouldnt do it, especially on an aluminum or carbon frame. You may be able to use the old soda can cutout as a shim, but thats kinda wack, especially if this is a high end frame which id assume it is.

Like fist says, look around. You should be able to find something eventually. Try ebay. Using the wrong seatpost, even by small amounts, can lead to many bad things.

Also, you want to be sure that this is in fact a 31.0 frame. Just measuring the inner diameter of the seat tube dosent always work, especially if its a used frame and somebodys jammed a post thats too big in, or crunched the tube down to fit one thats too small.

Ugh. Crashed on a road ride Saturday, hurt my hand/wrist but rode home fine and have been riding since. Saw the doc today, 'just in case', got x-rays and found out I broke my hand. God damn.

Rubbish... that sucks!! Sorry to hear it man. At least it's still pretty early in the season so you have plenty of time to come back strong before the season gets moving. And you can still ride, for the most part, so you don't lose any fitness. I hope all heals sooner than later!!

Likewise... I was riding last Saturday, early morning, and slipped on some ice. Other than crazy road rash, blood seeping through my shorts... I felt fine. Kept moving to meet up with team mates, rode for another 3.5 hours and by the time I got home my wrist was so sore... for some reason. Took off my glove and it was mega-swollen. Got x-rays a few days later and no fractures. Just sprained. Been using Kinesio Tape to help with the healing. Thankfully things are coming along.

Oh... yeah, new screen name. Sorry. Me = Joker.

Rubbish... that sucks!! Sorry to hear it man. At least it's still pretty early in the season so you have plenty of time to come back strong before the season gets moving. And you can still ride, for the most part, so you don't lose any fitness. I hope all heals sooner than later!!

Likewise... I was riding last Saturday, early morning, and slipped on some ice. Other than crazy road rash, blood seeping through my shorts... I felt fine. Kept moving to meet up with team mates, rode for another 3.5 hours and by the time I got home my wrist was so sore... for some reason. Took off my glove and it was mega-swollen. Got x-rays a few days later and no fractures. Just sprained. Been using Kinesio Tape to help with the healing. Thankfully things are coming along.

Oh... yeah, new screen name. Sorry. Me = Joker.

Sup with the new name, Joker?

I'm borrowing a friend's trainer and wrote myself a new base plan sans weight training. Gonna find out how much indoor riding I can take before going postal haha.

I don't know... I came to the site one day and I wasn't automatically logged in like I have been for years. I couldn't remember my password, didn't feel like digging around for it and emailing folks for it. I'm glad Raven gave me an all access pass for this long but since I only come to this thread and the abstract thread... I don't need all access.

Yeah, that Cannondale is definitely nice. Never ridden a Lefty fork so can't comment on them.

Rode for four hours in the pouring rain today... sucked. Did a 20 minute TT test to see if my threshold values have increased. Should know the results on Tuesday.

i just looked up a few fork weights. (can't find any fox fork weights tho)

the lefty saves between 200 and 300 grams for their very high end.

they use a shitload of carbon to attain that weight.

seems like a novelty. a half pound is a big deal on a race bike, but the years of r&d on that and their weight solution is carbon?? i still don't get it.

I finally got my bike through the bike to work scheme, ended up opting for a MTB as more practical for my needs and can always get a road bike later.

I managed to get this

Boardman_Team_2010.jpg

shit pic sorry, found online

Boardman Team, I was very restricted on makes of bike as could only choose from one shop

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_501999_langId_-1_categoryId_165499#dtab

its the one above the one i was originally going to get, thank you january sales, looking forward to getting back into some cycling