bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I envy you guys where the weather is decent enough to go outside and ride...Snow and ice on the ground here in the midwest.

d... ride a mountain bike when it's snowy out :D

35 mm studded in the front

30 mm cross tire in back

48/22 fixed

i got a friend who rides his 23mm's most of the winter; i don't get it...

also, rode one o dese a few weeks ago; super fun to ride, not so much to pay for. Probably why the only people i know (personally) are mechanics

surly-pugsley-white.jpg

Rubbish...

I might do Banana Belt #1 but after that it's a crap-shoot. Just got back from vacation where I didn't do any kind of exercise other than walking to the beach and then walking to the bar. I've got several gallery exhibits to finish up work for, as well, so I might not be at the races till Spring.

• Like 2

I set my bike up this way once, I suppose to pay homage to my roots in cycling and because I had the parts. The problem was finding a cog for the rear small enough to get a good ratio, the shit would top out real quick. It was real fun in tight situations but terrible for long hauls and down hill.

If I could get a small enough rear cog and have a ratio I liked, I would run it. Lightweight and minimal.

Look up the "spline drive" sprocket that Tree bike co makes. It would be awesome on a track bike. That technology should catch on.

What is the ratio on that bike?

That bike looks nice but I dont understand the point of a small chainwheeled fixed gear. Its not like you have to worry about catching it on coping.

it's because it's a "fixed gear free style" bike, for doing mediocre bmx tricks in an uglier, slower fashion and calling it "innovative" :lol:

Rode out to Multnomah Falls yesterday. It was sunny and in the 40's... a nice four hour ride. My legs were cramping really bad on the last five miles, though. The ride out had a decent head wind but the ride back had a decent tail wind... soooo nice.

Rubbish, you race yesterday? How did it go? A good friend got third. He said a sizable break went on the first lap and it stuck.

road race yesterday. 3 'laps' of and out & back style course - totaling 115km (yeah, i had to google that).

at the final turnaround people were really showing their fatigue. one guy swerved, over corrected and took out a few riders.

then the guy behind me freaks out, smashes into my rear wheel and literally drags me back about 15 spots before he eats it.

i stayed up and managed to move forward.

picked off a handful of cooked riders on the uphill finish -- took third.

good times even though my rear derailleur is now bent and i realized my wheel was rubbing through that last 12 or so miles - er, 19km.

i 'aint mad.

tumblr_lgw9w46AKe1qavjv0o1_500.jpg

Rode out to Multnomah Falls yesterday. It was sunny and in the 40's... a nice four hour ride. My legs were cramping really bad on the last five miles, though. The ride out had a decent head wind but the ride back had a decent tail wind... soooo nice.

Rubbish, you race yesterday? How did it go? A good friend got third. He said a sizable break went on the first lap and it stuck.

Joker, didn't race yesterday but I'll be out there for Sublimity this weekend. I was in Portland with other plans and just did a ride on Skyline instead. Also wasn't really feeling the race/crash on the uphill finish last year so I didn't want to take chances this year with the cast coming off my recently healed up hand so soon.

My teammate turned a few heads winning the 1/2 race though... gotta give him a shout out on that.