Pictures of a scars you wish you had....

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, that's mine...ultra fucking clean. #641 up in this bitch...i love the car so much that i don't even really want to do anything to it...i was thinking about the simple bolt on performance, but i like this car stock...it's hard to explain.

^ broke eh?

:haha:

I'm going for two wheeled speed for the moment...I may build up a Galant VR4 later though.

I know I've hated on the Porsche Cayenne's quite a bit...but damn...they're impressive. If anyone can somehow swing it...give the turbo a test drive. Amazingly fast for an SUV. The Audi RS6 is even more impressive though.

I heart German cars.

My girl was looking at a mazaspeed protege, but theyre pretty hard to find now, esp. not in bright yellow. She wanted the grey.

That was a fun testdrive though, fun cars. Theres a guy in town with one that is tuned to wreck shit. Ive talked to him at acouple autox events..Flat black home paint job, exhaust exits right behind front passenger wheel, with suspension, turbo upgrades and other misc goodies. Best part of the car is the road cone stickers on the back side windows that look like this..

no%20cones.gif

Funny shit.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Aug 23 2005, 08:31 PM

^ broke eh?

i don't think anyone who owns a tunable car is too broke to buy simple bolt on performance...an intake in like 50 bones on ebay, exhausts are like 500, and even diverter valves and front mounts are pretty cheap now-a-days. i just like my car stock...i've only owned it for a couple months though, so i'm sure i'll get bored of it's performance(somehow)and decide to make it faster...but now i don't feal the need to...

I think he was talking about my dsm comment I made on the last page maybe?

If everything turns out right the next things I will do to my car are get the SAFC2 tuned,

tint windows, and maybe get some better headlamps... that's about it.... until I want an FMIC.

This is exactly what my car looks like, red with black top and black spoiler... complete stock appearance...

red_talon_small_sig.jpg

Originally posted by nozaki+Aug 23 2005, 05:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nozaki - Aug 23 2005, 05:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SteveAustin@Aug 23 2005, 08:31 PM

^ broke eh?

i don't think anyone who owns a tunable car is too broke to buy simple bolt on performance...an intake in like 50 bones on ebay, exhausts are like 500, and even diverter valves and front mounts are pretty cheap now-a-days.

[/b]

Ebay for your car is a no no. Unless your buying brand name, I.E. Injen, Sparco..etc.

Never trust anyone pushing a 300 dollar intercooler, something is obviously fishy..like cheap welds and etc..

I see tons of kids killing nice cars with "nawz" kits and "BOMBZ" no name intakes and etc. Not to mention the infamous "ANGRY BEE" sounding mufflers..

Also its getting harder and harder to find reliable people on there.

Im not trying to sound dickheaded. But I would rather see a kid with a shitty car with quality modifications than a nice one with cheap ones.

Dirty-How are you cooling that beast without an Fmic??

Originally posted by shameless self promotion+Aug 23 2005, 11:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shameless self promotion - Aug 23 2005, 11:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by nozaki@Aug 23 2005, 05:41 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-SteveAustin@Aug 23 2005, 08:31 PM

^ broke eh?

i don't think anyone who owns a tunable car is too broke to buy simple bolt on performance...an intake in like 50 bones on ebay, exhausts are like 500, and even diverter valves and front mounts are pretty cheap now-a-days.

Ebay for your car is a no no. Unless your buying brand name, I.E. Injen, Sparco..etc.

Never trust anyone pushing a 300 dollar intercooler, something is obviously fishy..like cheap welds and etc..

I see tons of kids killing nice cars with "nawz" kits and "BOMBZ" no name intakes and etc. Not to mention the infamous "ANGRY BEE" sounding mufflers..

Also its getting harder and harder to find reliable people on there.

Im not trying to sound dickheaded. But I would rather see a kid with a shitty car with quality modifications than a nice one with cheap ones.

Dirty-How are you cooling that beast without an Fmic??

[/b]

i totally agree. i would never by no-name shit for my car...i'm saying though, there are some reliable sellers on there with like neuspeed intakes for like 50-75 bones...nothing wrong with that...but we're both pointing out the obvious at this point...i just wanted to clarify i wouldn't be caught dead with a "racer rx 2000" exhaust made by some due in his backyard sold on ebay

^^Sweet... my car currently has a small stock side mount IC that is located in the driver front wheel well.

When I finally do get an fmic I will paint it black so that it's not easy to see, I'm all about the sleeper.

Speaking of which I saw the most awesome evo I've ever seen the other day, he had a different trunk,

it had no holes in it from where the spoiler was removed, it looked like an ES model lancer in that aspect

The fmic was painted black and the only revealing thing on the car was the fact that it still had the

evo hood... it was very clean and "not rowdy" looking. My city is pretty good for having some really

nice tuner cars, but we also have alot of idiots too that are butchering cars with body kits and the like.

A friend of mine showed me this company called sts turbo that specializes in chevy trucks and suvs....

Here's a pretty neat video of a hauling ass turbo Z71 pickup... I personally don't think trucks should haul

that much ass, because they aren't made to handle well... oh well, it's whatever.

z71 Tunnel Video

Badass!

I keep thinking you have a 90's eclipse..

They didnt come with a intercooler correct?

Ive been looking for a set of seats from a chrysler starion (which became the eage talon and later eclipse i belive). If you ever get a chance, jump on them, super comfortable!!

Check them out. I prefer the black leather, but its hard to find pics.

682196_6_full.jpg

682196_7_full.jpg

1983 280zx Turbo

turboengine11.jpg

zrightside1.jpg

zleftside-best1.jpg

zleftside1.jpg

3in exhaust right off the headers, no cat or muffler. Amazingly quiet due to the turbo. Fugly lookin tip on the end cause the bumper was burning off. Put in a new clutch and flywheel. Tokico suspension along with other million misc things.

My pops and I have been restoring this car since I started Highschool. Looks alot different now. Front air dam to go on soon and a set of graphite colored konig rewinds.

Whenever he retires the l28et and trans is going into a 240 body.

Fucking sweet... I love cars that are underestimated... and that's a prime example.

People don't even realise what they just got spanked by when they see a car like that.

It's a good feeling getting up next to some american sports car at the light and they've

got their girl in the car and they think they're just gonna run you... oh man.

I smoked this red cavalier with exhaust and after I slowed down and he passed, he had

his arm around his girl all insecure like because he tried to race and got his ass handed to him.

dirty habit be wary of those ebay intercoolers. nearly all of them are just for looks and use really shitty cores. a good bar and plate intercooler of the appropriate size for your engine/turbo combo will keep your intake temps very happy. a precision/spearco IC usually can be had for around $250 to $350 that's rated to 350hp. all you'd need is a piping kit and some elbow grease to make it work.

Oh, I'm not gonna go for any shotty craftsmanship... I know all about southern engineering...

and I won't make my car a victim of it. I will go with the name brand when I get an IC...

and really I've never bought anything off of ebay and I don't plan to start now, thanks for the tip however.

I don't plan on doing any turbo upgrades on my car for a while, so I won't need anything really large yet...

if ever, I don't plan on having a race car for the track, I'm going to have a car for the street... I'm

probably gonna get on working on it sometime this week.

Originally posted by «DÉFL£PPÄRD»@Apr 16 2004, 04:29 AM

022535-E.jpg

022537-E.jpg

well.. it was a wish..

NOW ITS GONNA BE IN MY DRIVEWAY IN A FEW DAYS.

bitches.

Ha. One year later...hmm. ;)

I'm thinking about painting my center console black to match the S203. I'm going to also get the JDM Hazard button as well.

A car I plan to get once I'm successful is the Aston Martin DB9.

Originally posted by tosters_stroot@Aug 23 2005, 09:32 PM

yea uhh i wish i had a car

What car? You must have ambition these kinds of things don't just fall in your lap (most of the time).

Save your dollars like everyone else here that has a car probably did. I'm sure we don't have any lottery winners here.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Aug 23 2005, 04:59 PM

I think he was talking about my dsm comment I made on the last page maybe?

No...I was giving him shit for saying he liked his car stock. I mean...c'mon...who really likes whatever car they buy completely stock? I always see several things I would have done differently on every car. What about personalizing it a bit...stereo...wheels...etc.?

It's ok man...you can admit it. You're car poor. It happens to the best of us.

:haha:

for some reason i feel the need to defend myself:

it's ok man...you can admit it. your car's the dump off, and you think that everyone else feels the need to modify theirs in order to be happy with it just like you. it happens to the best of us...i guess.

Archived