INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by yellowballzzz@Feb 28 2005, 12:09 AM

how do you come up with silver paint to throw into an empty pen?

do stores actually sell just silver/metallic paint in a jair?

or do you have to manually just spray the silver paint from a can into your marker?

yes they sell it in the store but its in a can not jar, and you must thin it. Just the paint in the can like buff but for outside use rusto or one shot since they are the best in the weather, i like gloss, and get paint thinner, goo gone, mineral spirits, whatever. Lookback in the thread all this has been said. :hatred:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my favorite ink for outside is absolutely pilot...it doesnt fade and sticks out like a beautiful sore thumb...its always the shinyest (sp?) tag on where ever it is, and it writes so clean..as for insides....you cant fuckin beat garvey....next time i order garvey.....all buses and trains in the city of philadelphia are gettin it :D

as for the all around ink, i use half garvey, half black pilot, and some fish oil (not sure if it does anything, but whatever)...if i ever dont know what im gonna be hitting, i just throw that shit in an otr and im ready for anything

RUBBISH...

what up fool?!

yo, i am off the net but still peep my email now and then. send me some word, rinse3003@yahoo.com.

still writing and started up some music production on the side, dub style. anyways, i lost your e-mail but i stumbled across something you've been looking for. hit me back and we can set up an exchange.

looking forward to your message, hollywood.

seeya.

Originally posted by THEPOSTWHORE5000@Mar 1 2005, 05:48 PM

my favorite ink for outside is absolutely pilot...it doesnt fade and sticks out like a beautiful sore thumb...its always the shinyest (sp?) tag on where ever it is, and it writes so clean..as for insides....you cant fuckin beat garvey....next time i order garvey.....all buses and trains in the city of philadelphia are gettin it :D

as for the all around ink, i use half garvey, half black pilot, and some fish oil (not sure if it does anything, but whatever)...if i ever dont know what im gonna be hitting, i just throw that shit in an otr and im ready for anything

ya guess its hard to beat good ol pilot. thanx :king:

i got 1 kg of pa-grade PP and 250g GV the other day and

dissolved it in pure acetone (in separate glass containers),

then i realized i had DOT3 in my ink so i wouldn't want to

add any PP, bummer.

So i threw the dissolved PP in a mop and added GV

(yeah, i know the GV won't last to long in there, it was

merely to improve the color of the "ink") + a bit of

xylene and used it straight up and it stained transit BAD.

Guess i won't be needing standard ink as "inkbase"

anymore and stick to this with added pilot to add

opacity/sunresistance.

The local buffers are having a bad luck streak with

removing it, seems that their "antigraffiti solution"

doesn't work to good on chemical warfare as opposed

to "ordinary" inks, especially since most "graffiti inks"

has to comply with regulations regarding the contents

and stuff.

Originally posted by bumsuckfun+Mar 2 2005, 02:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bumsuckfun - Mar 2 2005, 02:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-getlost@Mar 1 2005, 10:38 PM

Where can you find fiebings at? Ive looked around but cant find it.

sewing shops, fabric shops, hardware stores, department stores, craft stores, online (eBay)...

[/b]

check shoe repair stores also.

I put these tags up with my Garvey Mop well over a year ago and they can't buff them. The only thing they buffed were some of the drips. They can't paint over it. Otherwise, it would show through and then they would have to repaint it all the time when other writers use just regular ink. So all you need is Garvey and a good Mop.

picture018.jpg

picture022.jpg

Links to other photos.

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture026.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture032.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture031.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture023.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture020.jpg

Maybe I will post my mop and other stuff I use to bomb with. I am not an artist and I never was...I just like to bomb shit with markers. I used to love doing the insides. You can bomb the whole line of cars, not get busted or freeze and people had no choice but to look at your tags while riding the train the whole time they were on it.

Peace out! :innocent:

Edit:

The "RZ" tags were done with an OTR Flow Pen (really an empty "arerosol art" Bombing Marker filled with Garvey & I used a Miniwide as well...with Garvey)

My mops and some other stuff. The mop pictured below is an Arrid XX deodorant containter with a "wide" chalk board eraser strip (nip) folded in half and stuffed into the container with violet garvey and I have another one made the same with a round show polish container and an eraser strip folded in half with red garvey ink and these mops are wide and drippy as hell and HARD TO BUFF.

Then I hae links to few pics of my bombing supplies. I have sold alot of my ink and miniwides and other supplies to some young writers that would get better use from them in my area in Manhattan. But, I kept enough Garvey, Marsh and some Krink to last me for a long while. :king:

picture017.jpg

picture045.jpg

Links to pics at a better angel

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture047.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture049.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture050.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture048.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture046.jpg

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture035.jpg

Originally posted by getlost@Mar 2 2005, 03:38 AM

Where can you find fiebings at? Ive looked around but cant find it.

You can get Fiebings on the link below. But, Fiebings is not all that.

I am going to be blunt...I have been bombing for 25 years and I know some of you dudes want to mess around with mixing up different ink and other stuff you think will make your ink better...like using "fish oil." You are just wasting your time.

All you need is a good mop, miniwide or a flowpen and some good ink and use it "as is."

If someone is going to be on a mission to buff your tags...they are going to buff it no matter what you use. Weather they scrub it or simply paint over it. If they want it gone it's gone.

However, there a few basic inks and tricks to make your tags last. A good mix is take white marsh paint ink and put half red, blue or violet garvey, it makes a fresh color and it will have the staining power of Garvey and the Marsh Paint ink will make it not fade. I have a tag I did on a street lamp with orange Marsh in 1982 and it looks like I did it only a month ago still to this day...it has been through all types of weather in NYC for 23 years and still standing (the don't make orange marsh anymore or the other 100 colors they used to have during the real graffiti days).

So, just use straight Marsh or Garvey or even Pilot ink and bomb. Of course for outside tags, paint type ink is the best and I have alot of success with a mixture of white marsh paint ink and garvey. I would say two thirds white marsh and one third violet garvey and shake and bomb. For drips, make the nib on your mop kind of loose and you will be the drip master. On my red garvey mop...the drips go all the way down to the floor and it looks like blood and it is very hard to buff. So, just stick with the good stuff as I said before...if the chemists at the Garvey company thought they could make their product more permanent they would. Right?

Fiebings Leather Dye...Click Here

Originally posted by THEPOSTWHORE5000@Mar 4 2005, 02:23 AM

omen, i've looked everywhere for those arrid deodorant containers, and i cant find them anywhere, i found other arrid products, and they said the exact some thing as your stating that mop is made out of, yet it is a completely different shape..its a lot wider and skinnier much like other deodorants....

You are right...the Arrid ones I have are almost impossible to find. The ones I have, have a ring that holds the ball on and you can pop off the ring and the ball comes out and you can pour out the deodorant, wash it and dry it and then hook it up. I racked like 20 of them that still have deodorant.

You can still get them in a few places...I racked mine at Target and a supermarket. I am even using them as deodorant...Lol

But, I will save the container.

The other containers...even the ban roll ons are one sold piece of plastic with the ball and they suck! I started with Ban roll on and they were glass and had that plastic ring you could pop off. Now, they are one piece of plastic and a ball and when you remove the ball...there is a tiny opening, no good to stuff an eraser in. Just keep a sharp eye out.

Here is what you can do...you can make the same type of mop like the arrid with the shoe polish applicator, take that bullshit foam rubber nib off...pour our the shoe polish and clean it and dry it and pour in your ink and take an eraser strip, fold it in two and shove it in. You want to get the round 4oz that has the white chalky shoe polish to use. If you have the wide strip eraser..take a hack saw and cut the opening down a little. Otherwise, the regular size eraser strips will work very well.

Here is the shoe polish mop that you can rack anywhere with red garvey...it is drippy and fat...I put black tape around it and it is almost as nice as the arrid.

Click on link to see it.

http://img16.paintedover.com/uploads/16/picture035.jpg

Edit,

These are the type of erasers you need to make mops. The first link shows the 6 strip wide eraser...good for 6 mops...I used this type for the arrid mop and the second pic is for the mop in the above pic, it is the regular strip eraser and it is very good..also good for 6 mops. If you really want good ink. Get the "pigmeant" ink from the marsh company. It comes in alot of colors including violet and it will last forever outdoors, it will never fade. You can get quarts for about 20 bucks (not pints...quarts). They have quarts of the dye type ink as well in blue, green, red, ultraviolet, etc; for about 17 bucks. You have to go heavy if you are serious about bombing. These little pilots are about nothing (they are good if your taking a shit in a public restroom in school or the movies). But, a mop is for serious bombers. You want to use mops that are wide drippy and have pigmeant ink so you can tear shit up. You get a few quarts of marsh pigmeant you will be unstoppable. Just make sure you have some erasers to make real NYC bombing mops.

http://www.misterart.com/store/view/001/gr...Inch-Eraser.htm

http://www.misterart.com/grouppix/280x210/2000/g2500.jpg

Originally posted by dyel@Mar 4 2005, 05:48 AM

anybody know where i can get sum of those erasers from in england.or even an english website or an american one that post them to england.

thanx

go to a college or school near you. just walk around looking for classes with chalk boards (not dry erase boards) and in rooms where there are chalkboards there will be erasers.

Originally posted by Shogun_Assassin@Mar 4 2005, 08:57 AM

I read somewhere on here that you could add aluminum dust for shines. Where in the hell can ig et that? someone please tell me.

goto somewhere that would have some... like a hardware store that cuts keys, and ask for the dust shavings (they're only going to throw them out anyway), or perhaps a place that cuts pipes or metal sheets, and ask for the shavings... i think most places that cut keys are brass though but still, brass filings will look cool.

i love when Omen comes and lays shit down. Mixing inks from scratch is pretty much always a waste of time, but mixing premade inks usually works out good... the only exception is ink additives, like dot 3 or methylene blue, oxidizers, etc., since they add power to the ink... (of course ink doesn't come premanufactured with this stuff, because it'd be too dangerous).

Adding more oomph to inks by using xylene/additives is generally

a good idea, especially when you're messing around with euroinks

like the new Nero and Corio as they don't come even close to Garvey

(there are some industrial inks that come close but they are hard

to find as a private person and in small quantities (small from a industrial view that is)).

The only "scratchbuilt" ink i ever got satisfied with was the acetone/pp/gv

solution, it had the nasty violet tone of Garvey (perhaps a bit darker even)

and the same stickyness (that makes corio etc seem like watercolour).

The main purpose of throwing it together in the first place was due to

shipping costs/customs when you order Garvey to Europe and wanting

a purple ink with staining power (all the local kids are rocking Nero and

get blue stains that only stand 3 buffs or so, so you easily get sick off

blue inks).

But as Omen Two pointed out buffs are a 2stage rocket, first you

need a powerful ink but it is still important to use either a really

juiced up flow or mop to deliver the payload, a thick layer of ink

will give it more time to stain and the first buffs most of the time

only smudges the top layers leaving the layer closest to the surface

you are crushing in business.

You always need to use your head while improving premade inks,

even if you heard from someone that adding fish oil would improve

the buffresistance of your ink it wouldn't do that much of a difference

compared to chemical counterparts, and don't be lazy, even if you

manage to come by a allout destruction ink quantity keeps your

name up longer than quality, there's nothing worse than people

just sneaking up tags at places they know they will leave ghosts

on, you have to hit all other areas too to really destroy shit.

Originally posted by technikal@Mar 4 2005, 06:17 PM

DAMN OMEN thats one hell of a ink stash, where do you get your garvey from? Im thinking of ordering my from http://www.artprimo.com unless you had a better suggestion.  P.S. how well do you like the otr flowpen ink. Thanks.

I have like 12 pints of garvey. I have 6 in violet 3 in red and 3 in blue. I had cases of it. I got off the Garvey company itself. But, they have a $25 minimum and I don't think they sell pints anymore. I have a business account with them and was getting it by the case load. It was a good investment. Because, I was selling each bottle for an even $20 or 2 for $30 and the young writers in my neighborhood bought it up along with a bunch of miniwides and some other stuff that I had too much of.

But, if you are looking for a deal I suggest you go to Art Primo. I am good friends with them ask for Mari (Mary) tell them Dave from New York suggested you buy it there. They have good prices for it. Now if you are looking for some heavy duty Pigment ink from Marsh you can

get it by the quart. The have the Violet in Pigment for good prices and you can get the dye type Marsh in a lot of colors by the quart or pint at this site below). I have an account with them too, you can't go wrong with heavy duty pigment ink by Marsh. Not to mention their dye type ink. Mix some Garvey in it and you have the staining power of Garvey and it will not fade in the sun. Even the black Marsh pigment is great...the prices are good too. You can get the Marsh 99 metal valve pen for $9. Other sites sell the same pen for up to $25. It is always better to go to the source. But, Art Primo is your best bet if you want some Garvey. I was the one that turned them on to selling it. I told them there was a huge demand for it. Now they sell it at good prices.

@Shogun_Assassin

For that aluminum dust...don't bother. It will ruin your nibs and make it so your ink flow sucks. It gets caked up in your ink and messes up everything. It is not worth putting anything you don't need in your ink. Unless you want to learn the hard way.

For the real deal Marsh...Click here

Edit:

As for the flowpen ink, it is what it is. I got a deal on alot of OTR paint markers. They are cool. But, I would not buy their ink to refill them. I would use other ink. "Hard To Buff" is just words they made up to give you the illiusion that it is good stuff, it is OK. But, there is much better out there and it is a rip off to buy those little cans of ink O.T.R sells. As for the Dye type Flowpen ink, like the violet dye flowpen ink. I would pass on it. In fact I emptied it and put in violet garvey instead. You are just better off getting empty "aerosol art" Bombing Markers and putting your own ink in. They are the same as O.T.R's just a different name on them (they are made by the same company), even the nibs are the same.

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby+Mar 4 2005, 03:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yeaaaah baby - Mar 4 2005, 03:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dyel@Mar 4 2005, 05:48 AM

anybody know where i can get sum of those erasers from in england.or even an english website or an american one that post them to england.

thanx

go to a college or school near you. just walk around looking for classes with chalk boards (not dry erase boards) and in rooms where there are chalkboards there will be erasers.

[/b]

you don't get chalkboards in british schools.

Originally posted by dyel@Mar 4 2005, 01:48 PM

thanx

"Real" Chalkboard erasers are very hard to find anywhere. Trust me. You can't find them anywhere. Because, they are so rare.

Read what is said on the link below about the erasers...Click on the "Read All Reviews" and find out how hard they are to find how and rare they are.

But, for $1.07 an eraser that can make 6 mops...you can't beat it.

http://www.misterart.com/store/view/001/gr...Inch-Eraser.htm

Originally posted by technikal@Mar 4 2005, 07:26 PM

THANKS OMEN. :king: what about krink oh wait let me guess your kr himself, just kiddin. But really do you order your krink off the website that stuff can be a Grip!

To be honest I got my krink for $5 a bottle down in the lower east side of manhattan at this record store. When I walked in, they could tell I was not a Toy and I know KR from back in the days. So, they gave me flat rate prices...no tax.

I have 4 bottles left...I got rid of the rest for more than I paid for it and I have this large 32oz bottle at my mom's house that I paid $20 for.

But, if you order on the web ..it is not worth it. The krink mops are whack. You can get the exact same container from the 4oz shoe polish bottles for free (if you rack them) pour out the shoe polish and pour in your krink. You can use that cheap foam rubber nib or use a real mob eraser nib for crazy drips. Those foam rubber nibs fall apart easy and get stuck on things. The eraser nibs go over everything and are fat. :king:

So whats the big hype on krink anyhow? I have seen pictures of it and maybe seen it in real life but cant tell if it was krink or just rusto thinned out with maybe some brake fluid. Is krink really good in your opinion? or do you just see it as an old school trick that kr is retiring off of?

Originally posted by technikal@Mar 4 2005, 08:04 PM

So whats the big hype on krink anyhow? I have seen pictures of it and maybe seen it in real life but cant tell if it was krink or just rusto thinned out with maybe some brake fluid. Is krink really good in your opinion? or do you just see it as an old school trick that kr is retiring off of?

To be honest Krink sucks (no offense KR). But, it is not all that. If I did not get a good deal on it. I would not have bought it. If you leave it in your marker/mop it starts to dry up and it can ruin a good marker. You have to constantly shake it. But, it is nice ink if you are going to bomb with it right away. I just like having it for the hell of it.

Now, in the 80's they used to have silver ink madeby marsh and by flomaster, it came in 4oz containers...it worked just like regular ink, it came in pigment and you could put it in miniwides and it would not dry up on you. If had a better flow than krink...it was very thin...so the drips were crazy. Krink is alot thicker and not as good. But, being they no longer make silver pigment ink anymore...you have to go with the paint type silver or krink. :(