INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

anyone ever put garvey in a empty uni, deco, or anykinda of valve pen like that? i wanna know how it works because i dont have any clean ones and i tried it with a sharpie paint marker and the tip was all fucked up with paint and the garvey didnt work in it. garvey in a face paint is good (i added a little bit of paint which makes its pretty good as in making it weather proof, paint works right?) but i dont have a lot of garvey so i just kinda wanna get the most out of it. also i put it in a regular sharpie and shits fire.

run on sentences rule

Puffin Haze Mostly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by TeezerPHM@Mar 8 2005, 05:49 PM

anyone ever put garvey  in a empty uni, deco, or anykinda of valve pen like that? i wanna know how it works because i dont have any clean ones and i tried it with a sharpie paint marker and the tip was all fucked up with paint and the garvey didnt work in it. garvey in a face paint is good (i added a little bit of paint which makes its pretty good as in making it weather proof, paint works right?) but i dont have a lot of garvey so i just kinda wanna get the most out of it. also i put it in a regular sharpie and shits fire.

run on sentences rule

Puffin Haze Mostly

Ya you could put it in a uni. But clean it out first, Or you could mix

Half garvey with half of the ink that comes with the uni and it would

Last longer outside. As for the new sharpie paint marker's that are

just like a uni, same advice. As for a regular sharpie, bad idea the

Ink will most likely dry up since it's not a free flowing ink marker, if

the ink doesn't dry up it will go on thin, with no drips and be easier

to buff. The face paint marker is your best bet cause you can

control the drips and the ink goes on thick and nasty. my question

for you is YOU CANT GET A KIWI IN YOUR CITY?

Originally posted by technikal+Mar 8 2005, 06:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (technikal - Mar 8 2005, 06:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TeezerPHM@Mar 8 2005, 05:49 PM

anyone ever put garvey  in a empty uni, deco, or anykinda of valve pen like that? i wanna know how it works because i dont have any clean ones and i tried it with a sharpie paint marker and the tip was all fucked up with paint and the garvey didnt work in it. garvey in a face paint is good (i added a little bit of paint which makes its pretty good as in making it weather proof, paint works right?) but i dont have a lot of garvey so i just kinda wanna get the most out of it. also i put it in a regular sharpie and shits fire.

run on sentences rule

Puffin Haze Mostly

Ya you could put it in a uni, But you would have to clean it out.

And clean the nib, It might be a pretty good marker and drip well.

The sharpie paint marker is the same thing as a uni so same advice. As for a sharpie bad idea, the ink will most likely dry up very

quick because it's not a free flowing ink marker. And if it does't it

will go on very light with no drips, which makes it easier to buff.

If you are talking about the face paint markers i am thinking of,

That is your best bet. It will drip as much as you want just by squeezing it, and The ink will never dry up.

[/b]

works not that bad in a sharpie, window chalks and facepaints are the best for anything, and i was wondering if anyone put garvey in a clean valve pen and what the results were and i said i couldnt tell yet because my pens are NOT CLEAN AND DID NOT WORK because they were dirty and i tried cleaning it....so yeah im kinda asking for people results but if u wanna tell me some other dope shit to put this ink in or something to add to it even though you shouldnt add anything to it

Please Help Me

Im trying to tell you. Yes i have put it in a clean uni and other valve

markers. The result is a good pocket marker that is medium point

and gets good drips if you push it down hard. Just think of a uni with

thinner ink in it.... thats what it is. It works good trust me. Do it.

And yes you can mix something with it, Pigment ink! if you want

it to last more than a couple days outside. So add pilot or marsh

pigment, for outside use. If you use it inside that's another story

You dont need to add anything.

I would never use "face paint." Just get pigment ink....that way it is weather proof and you won't fuck up any markers. "Face paint" is not made for any type of marker. But, Marsh pigment is and of course garvey works with anything. Mix them together and you have the best ink you can find and or make...You will never fuck up a nib and marker again and you can get both inks cheap. It beats fucking up your markers all the time.

Originally posted by OMEN TWO@Mar 9 2005, 12:39 AM

I would never use "face paint." Just get pigment ink....that way it is weather proof and you won't fuck up any markers. "Face paint" is not made for any type of marker. But, Marsh pigment is and of course garvey works with anything. Mix them together and you have the best ink you can find and or make...You will never fuck up a nib and marker again and you can get both inks cheap. It beats fucking up your markers all the time.

dude im talking about a face paint marker....theyre like window chalks except smaller...........and what about mixing garvey with some thick ass marsh, would the garvey make it so it doesnt fuck up your nib?

g745sm.jpg

these are the face paint markers (empty them out and fill them with ink or something else good)

SMI93080_big.gif

and these are the window chalks (again empty them)

and im sure these markers have been talked about before.. anyways thanks for the information everyone

Tonite Needs Something

Pot Hash Mixed

Reading this thread kinda makes me wanna go back out and do some experimenting again... haha. Stay up Omen.

Edit: Oh yeah, TeezerPHM is right. Those Window Chalk mops beat a Kiwi any day and beat out the deodorant mops in terms of convenience. So yeah, to answer your question, Garvey is one of the best flowing inks I've come across and I've stuck a half and half Garv+Marsh (dye, not pigment) in them before and have been fine. So go for it.

And if the pigment ends up being too thick for the nib, you can always thin it down.

The facepaint markers are ok but in my opinion the dopest "mini mop" are the EZ Squeezie bottles. Fill them with your ink of choice from str8 Garvey to a Garvey mixture to Krink to Etch...these bad boys are DOPE!!! Once you get good with them you can controll the drips with very slight squeezing pressure as your writing. Pick some of these up, empty them out and fill them up with your ink of choice and go have fun. They are very very low mess as well. I've gotten more ink drops on myself with my uni filled with garvey then i have one of these back boys. Like Mikey says..."TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!!

36.jpg

Those chalk, face paint and Squeezie look proper. Just take out that bullshit nib that comes with them and put a thick folded eraser in as a nib and tear shit up...of course after you take the garbage that is in those containers out and put in the correct ink Garvey/marsh--pigment. Marsh pigment is just as thin as the dye type, it is just pigmented instead. So, it will not clog up anything. I use straight Marsh Pigment in my miniwides and it flows like fluid.

I guess if you can't get your hands on an arrid "type" container they are the next best thing. The good thing about arrid & round 4oz shoe polish containers is you can put the cap back on regardless if you have a fat eraser strip as the nib. The eraser nibs will last forever, they won't wear out and they don't get snagged on shit...they go over everything and are drippy as hell.

Peace. :king:

Those face paints above are sick! never used those, look how much

ink you can put in those bottles! where do you get those? Actually omen

the nib on the face paints kick ass, they last forever dont rip or pop off.

It would be hard to fit, even the smallest strip of eraser in the hole

anyway. Just clean em out and there good.

Originally posted by technikal@Mar 9 2005, 01:38 AM

Those face paints above are sick! never used those, look how much

ink you can put in those bottles! where do you get those? Actually omen

the nib on the face paints kick ass, they last forever dont rip or pop off.

It would be hard to fit, even the smallest strip of eraser in the hole

anyway. Just clean em out and there good.

Being I never used them, I just assumed the nib was not as rugged as a thick strip of felt.

But, if you can bomb rough surfaces from brick to rock to glass with them, then they must be OK.

However, I will stick with what works for me. If I did not have the stuff I have now I might use them. The nibs on my mops made from erasers are extra wide about an inch and a half of rugged drippyness. But, I suppose those face paints are fuctional...they beat a blank.

;)

Originally posted by TeezerPHM@Mar 9 2005, 07:48 AM

its possible to get the tip of a face paint or window chalk to get fucked up ive done it just write on something real fucked up or just use one for a long time only hitting up rough surfaces. oh yeah them shits aint that good on concrete (st8 cocrete)

whats the tip like(made of)? anyone try one of those "metal markers?" the ones that have the metal ball point and can write in any conditions. up side down through mud and grease. through dog poop or cocaine (oops same shit.) i though of them as them very very yall. very very.

;)

Originally posted by dangmang+Mar 9 2005, 05:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dangmang - Mar 9 2005, 05:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TeezerPHM@Mar 9 2005, 07:48 AM

its possible to get the tip of a face paint or window chalk to get  fucked up ive done it just write on something  real fucked up or just use one for a long time only hitting up rough surfaces. oh yeah them shits aint that good on concrete (st8 cocrete)

whats the tip like(made of)? anyone try one of those "metal markers?" the ones that have the metal ball point and can write in any conditions. up side down through mud and grease. through dog poop or cocaine (oops same shit.) i though of them as them very very yall. very very.

[/b]

Ya there pretty nice i have a yellow dalo and the thing is huge! it works fine, Kinda hard to get the paint flowing after you have used it alot, but they last forever outside, And i mean forever. I like it you might too. :king:

Originally posted by technikal+Mar 9 2005, 06:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (technikal - Mar 9 2005, 06:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>;)
Originally posted by dangmang@Mar 9 2005, 05:54 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-TeezerPHM@Mar 9 2005, 07:48 AM

its possible to get the tip of a face paint or window chalk to get  fucked up ive done it just write on something  real fucked up or just use one for a long time only hitting up rough surfaces. oh yeah them shits aint that good on concrete (st8 cocrete)

Ya there pretty nice i have a yellow dalo and the thing is huge! it works fine, Kinda hard to get the paint flowing after you have used it alot, but they last forever outside, And i mean forever. I like it you might too. :king:

[/b]

i want a dalo........are they only available online or is there a store in nyc that has them?

omen the reason i was inquiring about the black dye type marsh mixed with garvey is not because of staining power, but for color. i like the violet of garvey but sometimes i prefer darker shades or all out black. also, i mentioned i added pilot to my ink. this is primarily ot amke the ink dry faster. garvey is a little on the slow side, most of my tags that get fully buffed happen within a day of putting it up because the ink doesn't fully dry and get up in there quick enough. i started putting in a generous amount of pilot, which dries quicker in my experience, and htis helped a good bit.

you mentioned white pigment marsh as a good base for making other colors. i'm curious if you have ever tried mixing it with addivtives i.e. gentian violet?

i'm trying to figure out a nice strong dope looking blueish ink. i'm gonna order some white marsh formt he site you sent (by the way props for that link). i'm thinking of a mix of marsh, a little bit of garvey, and gentian blue.

also, does the white marsh mix alright with paint?

Originally posted by test+Mar 10 2005, 04:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (test - Mar 10 2005, 04:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>omen the reason i was inquiring about the black dye type marsh mixed with garvey is not because of staining power, but for color. i like the violet of garvey but sometimes i prefer darker shades or all out black. also, i mentioned i added pilot to my ink. this is primarily ot amke the ink dry faster. garvey is a little on the slow side, most of my tags that get fully buffed happen within a day of putting it up because the ink doesn't fully dry and get up in there quick enough. i started putting in a generous amount of pilot, which dries quicker in my experience, and htis helped a good bit.

you mentioned white pigment marsh as a good base for making other colors. i'm curious if you have ever tried mixing it with addivtives i.e. gentian violet?

i'm trying to figure out a nice strong dope looking blueish ink. i'm gonna order some white marsh formt he site you sent (by the way props for that link). i'm thinking of a mix of marsh, a little bit of garvey, and gentian blue.

[/b]

Hmmmm, white marsh is paint (paint type pigment) and it will last well over 20 years out doors (marsh pigment that is...mixed with nothing).

As far as making a dope blue color...you can get Garvey in blue dye type, it has a nice dark electric blue color that stains just as good as the violet.

If you take a look at the Marsh site I posted above...you can get black pigmeant and violet pigmeant and a couple of other colors in pigment. I think you can get a whole quart of black marsh dye for 17 bucks and pigment for 22 I think. That is a hell of alot of ink and the ink mixed with nothing will last forever outdoors...it is paint type ink and it is so thin that you could put it in a miniwide or pilot type marker and it will flow nicely...even the drips will last 20 or 30 years..maybe more, outside.

Mix some dye type in it and you can make your colors. Even the marsh dye type ink is very good, it comes in more colors than garvey and you can get not pints but quarts for a really good price. The marsh "ultra-violet" dye type ink is pretty high power. Most people have never used it on this site. But, I have and it is just as good as garvey and you can't go wrong with the price and the amount...then you have marsh pigment and that is fresh too. The pigment violet mixed with blue marsh dye type is fresh. Hell, you can make plenty of fresh colors. The good thing with pigment marsh is it is just like mixing different color paint to make your own color. Get a can of white for the base...all the marsh pigment is just as thin as the dye type. They used to make marsh silver in pigment and it was great, it dripped, lasted forever, would not ruin your nibs and was just good ink. I am sad they took it off the market.

It is hard to make something that is made by the professionals that would be any better.

I tried for years and realized to stick with a Garvey/Marsh pigment (paint) ink combo. The marsh site can also get you colors not listed...they just have to order it for you...at the same low price.

Marsh ink :king:

http://www.detroitcodemark.com/Hand%20Mark...%20-%20TINK.htm

Edit:

<!--QuoteBegin-sMaLLzOnE@Mar 10 2005, 02:49 AM

Omen, that is exactly what a chalk marker is but bigger..So why did you say toy's used 'em..?

Save the drama homes. Your bullshit is not needed or wanted on this board. There is nothing you can teach any of us here. I was being sarcastic when I made that statement. I had a moderator clean up that other thread with your comments and me feeding into them. I could not believe I was letting some kid like you, make me get stupid. That thing was squashed and yet you still want to cause problems...just leave it alone now.

As far as technikal, he is not brown nosing anyone...he is just calling things as he sees them. I have ALOT of solid data on this thread that is useful for serious people. So, instead of trying to start problems for no reason. How about trying to learn something and maybe it will give you some ideas. Causing drama is only going to get you banned and your posts deleted.

Why you want to continue bullshit is very toy of you. We are here to talk about ink. Not cause problems over petty non-sense that was already squashed. Others give me the same respect as I give them and I am sure technikal and the rest of us serious people feel the same way.

There is nothing you can tell me about anything. However, if you show some respect, you will get respect. An attitude like yours will get you no where fast and it does not impress anyone at all.

Did you think others were going to jump on your bandwagon and start problems on this thread with you? If you did, you are mistaken.

I may have made a witty comment (on another thread). I was just joking around. But, for some reason you took it personal, like I hit some nerves or something.

So lets squash this bullshit before it gets out of hand.

How does that sound? ;)

Originally posted by sMaLLzOnE@Mar 10 2005, 03:18 PM

I didn't do it to be an asshole, and for people to join me.. You commented on it, said that people who "blah blah blah" are toy. It get's the job I need done, and that's all that matters..

//also, I see you know alot. I wasn't calling you out on your facts.

OK, so it is squashed now and we can move on to more important things.

Peace. ;)

Guest sneak

recently ive noticed that my stains with only purple corio in them, look a hell of a lot nicer and even last longer than other various concoctions ive come up with. the colour alone of the ink when its on its own makes my day when i see it. there is no nicer colour on a plain white wall.

the other stains which havent lasted included corio + nero, and i did a buff test informally (i let the council do it). i hit a smooth concrete wall (it wasnt quite marble but its etrememly smooth) with the c + n mix and it didnt survive the buff at all. the colour looked quite weak too. not as in watery but it didnt look fresh, more like oil was in it too.

when i re-tagged it with just corio (back in december) and its still as clear as the day i did it. ive watched buffing attempts a few times to and it was quite funny.

omens said it a lot and so have i: you get the best results by not fucking about with the ink. leave it alone. granted this is a lot easier for the euro heads and others who have access to inks such as corio and nero. :)

however...the nero + corio mix lasted better on insides...

Originally posted by test@Mar 9 2005, 11:43 PM

omen the reason i was inquiring about the black dye type marsh mixed with garvey is not because of staining power, but for color. i like the violet of garvey but sometimes i prefer darker shades or all out black. also, i mentioned i added pilot to my ink. this is primarily ot amke the ink dry faster. garvey is a little on the slow side, most of my tags that get fully buffed happen within a day of putting it up because the ink doesn't fully dry and get up in there quick enough. i started putting in a generous amount of pilot, which dries quicker in my experience, and htis helped a good bit.

instead of getting gentian violet, get violet garvey, it's color is from gentian violet and it's already mixed porpotionally to be the strongest it can be.

gentian blue doesn't exist, the closest substitute i can think of is methylene blue. but hell, i'm pretty sure blue garvey get it's color from methylene blue, and its already mixed as good as it can get, so you might as well get it.

OMEN, does the ultraviolet Marsh stain as hard as violet Garvey? and does it last outdoors by itself, or does it fade like straight garvey does?