INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Adernaline@Apr 5 2005, 09:33 AM

:lol:

alright, after putting a few gashes in the valve of a pen i realise i've put too many in and alot of unwanted ink flows into the lid - is there anyway to reverse it or have i truely fucked up the pen?

truly...

well no, you could try some wax or maybe even melting your pen a little bit, if that doesnt work steal a new one and when you open it put less holes

hahaha no doubt, sorry i couldnt help man. but seriously if the cuts arent that bad you can try melting a few shut. hope it works. if not then i should recommend a zip poster marker they have pretty good ink plus when you break the ink regulator the ink still doesnt spill all over in your cap but you might need a piece to hold the nib all the way out or just throw in your own, but even the industrial nibs on em are pretty nice

Originally posted by THEPOSTWHORE5000@Apr 4 2005, 12:30 PM

Has anyone ever tried using Iodine in their inks?

In my science class today, we used Iodine for some experiment thing, and it got on my skin, and is very hard to get off. It may be a stupid idea, but I was just wondering.

Peace.

tried it, it washed off of everything with water.

yeah... i should pick up some garvey and some marsh too.... cause those flow pens will just be filled with that stuff anyways...

there was a site that sliped my mind.... but they had mini-flowpens EMPTY... new... but empty. anybody know?

thanks for the info wreckonize.

Originally posted by ABSTRKT@Apr 12 2005, 02:52 PM

yeah... i should pick up some garvey and some marsh too.... cause those flow pens will just be filled with that stuff anyways...

there was a site that sliped my mind.... but they had mini-flowpens EMPTY... new... but empty. anybody know?

thanks for the info wreckonize.

yo..im new up in here but I got a question about glass etch. ive been reading how yall are hush hush about it but i dont know why...im posted out in palm springs and not alot of heads got answers for shit like this...i aint trying to be a newbie whos nosey...im just looking for some answers...

etch is for some reason(which i havent figuered out yet) forbiden on here....

and by no means do i wanna be banned...

but ... drive to Pearls(art store) there should be one near you... its in ft lauderdale

what you are looking for is called etch bath.... 30$ for a nice size bottle... be carefull.... shit messes with your skin... its acid... wear gloves....

now... no more talk of that.

im just hoping you dont hit up little stores with that.... if your gonna fuck up windows... do big corps. that can afford it.

NOW... NO MORE TALK OF THAT... cause i dont wanna be banned.

for your own safety, if you need to thin it for whatever reasons, don't thin it with alcohol or any solvent normally for thinning oil-based products (paint thinner, varsol, mineral spirits, etc.).... thin with WATER or VINEGAR, and nothing else. for your own safety. and don't try mixing inks in there, most inks are alcohol-based and that's not good. if you don't know the ins and outs of paint/ink chemistry than i highly recommend not fooling with etch yet. actually, i don't recommend fooling with etch at all.

yo if anybody as any black griffin that there willing to trade for other supplies hit me up...

i have ....

prismacolor sketchbook markers...

permapaque sketchbook markers...

decocolor paint markers ....

painters paint markers...

craft etc paint markers...

garden craft jumbo markers with 3/4 inch nib...

jumbo zigs with 3/4 inch nibs....

small cans of testors paint....

blackbooks...

and more!...

if anybodys interested

my email/yahoo messenger is

aerosol_warrior9313@yahoo.com

my aim is

forgerock1

Originally posted by THEPOSTWHORE5000@Apr 15 2005, 09:35 PM

Yo, Omen, i got myself a roll on deodorant container...Racked it from the grocery store...anyway, how do i get the ball out? I tried prying it out, but it didn't seem to work. When I tried prying it, it felt like the container was gonna break..any ideas on getting it out? Thanks.

Peace.

In previous pages he mentioned stabing the ball with a screw driver and prying it out...

either that or there is a ring that holds the ball in place.

wha blow im from uk yer an i never herd of none of the tingsa u talk bout griffin ink or none of that shit i made a nice mix from brake fluid an shoe polish but the mix was a bit weak an only ghosted a bit we use posterman pens over here an they are smiple to fill an flow heavy but i wana know a nice reliable recipe that will guarantee a dirty black or violet ghost for insides. if u got a recipe that dont involve the peridic table an fuckin cheistry lessons then link me. kapow :king: kings destroy toys

Heres one for ya.

1.Sanford BLACKTOPS BLACK 50%

2.Artline refill RED 5%

3.Artline refill BLUE 5%

4.Iodine 5%

5.Genitian violet 5%- rare now I think...)

6.Raven oil violet

7.Beetroot juice 5%

8.Break fluid 5%

9.garvey puple 5%

10. A whole lota booze to keep you enthused. :love2:

Never used 7-8-9.but sounds kinda funky & cloudy damn...

BufffMe. :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: