INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by Tremble@Mar 17 2005, 03:11 PM

i mixed nero with dot 4. brake fluid (slightly too much) and it stains well nicely ill get some flicks of buffed tags soon....

if i added leather dye would it make it stronger?

it should

and i have a question

whats you guys experiences with boiling inks? like boil it down to make it a thick pigment or boil so theres some pigment and still ink but its thick and add the pigment an boiled stuff with something like garvey or marsh(dye type so its no thick) to make some ill ink.... i usualy boil down leather dye an maybe some marsh an other ink stuff laying around (pilot and such).....has any of you done this? the latest batch is black leather dyes mixed with purple leather dye and our last batch of super ink (boiled down and mixed and used) and boiled with some pilot and then thinned in jars with garvey an combine the pigment from bottom of pot and shake good (add a solvent if needed)

wow it got retarded hopefully someone knows what im saying

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Fruitcake@Mar 17 2005, 09:11 AM

I ve also bought the grog ink, i live in europe so for me it wasnot a big deal to get it, i just mailed the guy and he send me a box.

About the ink, its really black stuff, it can be quite easily buffed when its applied on painted surfaces, but it cannot be removed from the plastic that they use inside trains, subs etc. It also cant be removed from i am not sure what the english word for it is but i call it nature stone, and marble and stuff like that.

I think its nice ink.

I also found a factory that makes ink for the leather industrie so went there and i bought some bottles, the guy that sold me the stuff said i could get pure leatherdye which i had to mix with a solvent to a 1/9 ratio, offcourse i wanted to use the stuff pure and i mixed it with some grog and started bombing.

It rained the same night and all the leatherdye stuff pretty much rained away, turns out it really needs the solvent for it to become waterproof, i am still trying to get the ratio just right so it cant be buffed or at least leave some nasty stains.

the factory i bought it from is http://www.stahl.com/html/intro_frame.htm

they also have a distributor in the usa, i bought ink form theyre LD-59 series.

I dont know if anyone else here knows about theyre inks, but i ll keep you informed about my findings.

hey hows the grog on metals?........ what about patied still mail boxes? dunno if u got thos there tho

Just a mix i made the other day:

purple fiebings,inferno,pottasium permaganate and ox blood fiebings.

i dont think the fiebings completely mixes with everything, the ink kinda changes colour and stains like a bitch :rolleyes:

oh yeah, when your using pottasium, dont use too much because it will fuck up your pen, ink and nib...it wont dissolve properly and will leave grit inside the nib and shit...not nice

Got my hands on a batch of Grog the other day,

as i suspected it was the standard italian deal like

nero, basically more leatherdye-like properties than

standard inks and added MB+GV. It was proper black

though and it's nice to use as a 'filler' to throw in your

ink, might be good if youre out of MB/GV but it it needs

a load of GV to get really nasty.

Doesn't give PP a run for its money. Hype shit .)

Originally posted by Adernaline@Mar 14 2005, 11:01 AM

about the the leeho glue marker - drips?

where did you get it? hows the nib, does it last long??

oh, and i got some mechanic blend tire black. looks thin maybe i could mix it or something, anyone got any suggestions or experiences with this stuff?? thanks

Originally posted by panakeii@Mar 24 2005, 08:52 PM

Got my hands on a batch of Grog the other day,

as i suspected it was the standard italian deal like

nero, basically more leatherdye-like properties than

standard inks and added MB+GV. It was proper black

though and it's nice to use as a 'filler' to throw in your

ink, might be good if youre out of MB/GV but it it needs

a load of GV to get really nasty.

Doesn't give PP a run for its money. Hype shit .)

What do you mean by "gv" and "mb" ?

Guest sneak

^how did it manage to escape you what he meant???

seriously, if your not going to do your research and read a few pages of this thread fuck off.

in a botched attempt to make krink ive stumbled on something very interesting. ive managed to make a stain that applies as dark purple but dries silver like krink. and it goes like this...

1.half a tin of chrome paint i used montana hardcore.

2.2 caps of purple methylated spirits.

from here you should have a purple liquid that has a coat of chrome on the top.

3.add a cap of black feibings.

4.a very small amount of dot 3.

this will probable work best in a mop, what you will see is once applied on the surface a blotchy swirl or dark purple and chrome. in about a few minutes it will dry and will be chrome.once buffed it leaves an evil stain. i would advise trying it and gime any feedback on what happened.

retarder is thick as fuck and slows down the drying time of paint. Linseed Oil thickens the paint. I wouldn't advise using either for inks. However, once i wanted some really thick krink that wouldn't drip and I added some linseed oil to thicken that shit up. It worked pretty well.

retarder is thick as fuck and slows down the drying time of paint. Linseed Oil thickens the paint. I wouldn't advise using either for inks. However, once i wanted some really thick krink that wouldn't drip and I added some linseed oil to thicken that shit up. It worked pretty well.