INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

bumsuck, i had meant methylene blue when i said gentian blue, jsut got a little criss crossed. i was aware garvey makes blue ink also but i had remembered reading somewhere that only their violet and red is any good, and personally i don't like red. maybe i'm mixed up with feibings? i dunno who cares.

omen you said the pigment marsh is thin so does it dry fast? like i said most of my stuff that gets buffed happens within a day or so; if it rides for a few days and then they try a buff it's usually good for a while longer. preciate the knowledge. im def gonna order some white marsh and figure out some dope colors. peace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bumsuck, i had meant methylene blue when i said gentian blue, jsut got a little criss crossed. i was aware garvey makes blue ink also but i had remembered reading somewhere that only their violet and red is any good, and personally i don't like red. maybe i'm mixed up with feibings? i dunno who cares.

omen you said the pigment marsh is thin so does it dry fast? like i said most of my stuff that gets buffed happens within a day or so; if it rides for a few days and then they try a buff it's usually good for a while longer. preciate the knowledge. im def gonna order some white marsh and figure out some dope colors. peace.

Yes, marsh Pigment dries very fast. It dries just as fast as rugular dye type ink. That is because, it is just like dye type ink...with a pigment compoment. People that make their "own" paint ink is just what it is...watered down paint with thinner or whatever, that alone makes paint take forever to dry.

So, to make your own paint ink is whack, it fucks up your markers and it is buffable, it does not drip well and it vsucks. Even krink sucks. It is just like watered down silver spray paint that takes forever to dry...it is overrated. If I was not getting it for $5 a jar. I would not have bought it.

Garvey Blue ink is great. But, don't bother with blue garvey when you can get a quart of blue dye marsh cheaper and it is just as good. It don't come off. In fact, if they stopped making garvey...it would not be a big deal. Because Marsh is made well, it is cheaper, it comes in more colors and it even comes in pigment. Garvey is good shit...don't get me wrong. But, marsh is just as good. The problem is nobody has really used marsh (except for maybe black). So, you have to see for yourself. The majority of the subway insides that were bombed and could not be buffed...were bombed with Marsh and Flomaster (they were the same componets...more or less. Flomaster went out of business) You could get marsh in 100 different colors in dye and in pigment, it came in 4 oz cans as well as pints and up. But, we got the 4oz cans so we had a choice of so many different colors (the silver pigment was the bomb). Those days are over now. Garvey was a treat back then...we were lucky to get it and when we did, it was always opened. Because, it was snatched from the market, it was before they used price tags, they stamped the price directly on the product with garvey. It was hard to get do to the fact they only sold it to supermarkets in bulk, there was no net back then and Garvey was more or less called "Supermarket ink" not garvey.

instead of getting gentian violet, get violet garvey, it's color is from gentian violet and it's already mixed porpotionally to be the strongest it can be.

gentian blue doesn't exist, the closest substitute i can think of is methylene blue. but hell, i'm pretty sure blue garvey get it's color from methylene blue, and its already mixed as good as it can get, so you might as well get it.

OMEN, does the ultraviolet Marsh stain as hard as violet Garvey? and does it last outdoors by itself, or does it fade like straight garvey does?

I have never put the ultraviolet marsh side by side with violet garvey for a buff test. However, the ultraviolet is a bitch to buff, it has a better color than garvey and you get twice as much for a few bucks more than garvey cost.

However, to ensure it has staining power as well as long term outdoor use. Mix violet garvey with violet pigment marsh. I don't normally mix inks for staining reasons (because, these inks are so good, there is not much more you can do to them to make them more permanent. you will have a bigger chance of fucking up the original components the chemists used to make their product. Being these inks are industrial, they made them as permanent as possible. The garvey is stamping ink for prices to go directly on the metal/plastic and if they could make it more permanent they would have...look under at the bottom of a soda can and you will see numbers in ink. Try to buff it and see how hard it is to remove). I mix it for making different colors. Weather I am trying to make it darker or I use the "paint" pigment to make a whole different color. With a white pigment marsh as the base, you have your pigment and then you can mix in your dye type for your color. It has always been a success. Because, you have the staining power of the dye and the weather proof with the pigment. So, in essence, all you need is garvey and marsh pigment...period! Straight violet marsh pigment will last years outdoors and it is a fresh color and you can get more ink for the price. Garvey stains hard. But, it is not weather friendly like pigment marsh is. The garvey fades just with the dam sun hitting it. Why that happens, I don't know. Because, it never comes off on alot of surfaces...no matter what you try to buff it.

But, if you use garvey on a porous surface outdoors, it sinks in and stays there forever.

But, for street bombing, if you want your tags to last forever...you have to use pigment.

There is no need to add break fluid, fish oil, saw dust or whatever some dudes mix with their ink to fuck it up. Just use it raw dog.

No, marsh stains as hard as garvey. But the pigment marsh lasts

longer outside, but might not resist the buff. So what to do? Mix them

it's been said, read back.

I could not have said it any better brother. :)

yeah, i know about the staining properties and weather durability of garvey and marsh respectively, so don't try to rub my question in my face... i have expiremented with marsh dye types before, and black pigment once, but not enough that i'd know if ultraviolet marsh stained hard like garvey or not, since it's clearly different than the other marsh's and for as far as i knew it could've been using crystal violet for it's pigmentation and would thus stain as hard as garvey, hence why i asked.

the reason garvey fades outdoors is because it's color comes from basic violet (aka crystal violet or gentian violet), it's a rather simple molecular dyestuff, used mainly for indoor labwork, staining cells for viewing under a microscope, and is not lightfast. thus UV light coming from the sun causes it to fade rather quickly.

marsh lasts outdoors because of it's pigmentation, which is an actualy a layer of color being added on top of the surface being written on, rather than adding/dying color to the surface it is wirtten on like a dyestuff (garvey), and because the pigments are lightfast. further marsh using shellacing to further make their inks withstand weather.

once again, i'm not new to graffiti, inks, paints, or even this thread (been reading since the beginning but wasn't registered here)... i just had to ask about UV Marsh because i've never had any experience with it, and Omen said it was as good as garvey so it sparked my curosity, no need to go nut chopping.

OK guys....lets not let this get personal. It is all good. We are all learning.

Hell, I am still learning new things everyday of my life. I think every person on earth learns something new every day. Weather it be ink or other things in general.

We all are into graff...it should be a brotherhood.

Peace.

yeah no worries, its not hurting me anyway. i just dont like some kid being a dick to me and refrencing me to 'read the thread' about something that HASN'T already been asked, just as if i were some kid asking a question like 'wUz suM god iNk reCipes So mY tags r kewl'...

DONT BUY KRINK! i just got some in the mail....first of all its not actual silver ink (like i thought it was), its just thinned silver paint, it smells exactly like silver rusto bucket paint and works just like it, waste of money....

i also just got some GROG ink, i havent tried it out yet ill let you guys know whats up...

Originally posted by blahness@Mar 14 2005, 10:35 AM

DONT BUY KRINK! i just got some in the mail....first of all its not actual silver ink (like i thought it was), its just thinned silver paint, it smells exactly like silver rusto bucket paint and works just like it, waste of money....

i also just got some GROG ink, i havent tried it out yet ill let you guys know whats up...

im interested to know what you think about it i recenty bought some but it wont be here for a bit. i only bought one bottol gotta try it out first. if possable post some pics of it in action and a pic of it buffed. i wounder if its as good as they say. im thinking it has a chance it is itailian made and itailys destroyed

on a nother note i bought 1000mls of corio blue at first i thought it realy sucked like it just rubed of... this was in a blue otr mixed with blue otr ink and some blue mythinal power or what ever at it sucked.. but i recently put it in a mop with just corio and did a few testes and it seems to kill i couldent get it off metal... i dunno the metal might of been painted, finished wood the only think it came off of easy was plastic came off realy easy but still stained..... but i couldent get it off at all on the other surfaces.... almost seems better then nero

i must say im not a fan of garvey at all!! it fades realy fast and dosent sem to stain anything i dont know why this is but its one of my lest fav. inks

Originally posted by tinkah@Mar 14 2005, 04:43 PM

all this ink ure bothering making and spending money on is no where near as good as leather dye its the best ink i hav ever used it doesnt buff an flows lovely! :king:

But fades, spreads, and doesn't drip right.

Not to mention comes off like water on

some surfaces.

i must say im not a fan of garvey at all!! it fades realy fast and dosent sem to stain anything i dont know why this is but its one of my lest fav. inks

You must have got ripped off and got fake garvey. True, "real" garvey is not good in the sun. But, it stains like a bitch on almost every surface.

naw i dident i got all the stuff like labels same bottol, box, spout

toe to toe corio took it 100%

i bought it for a guy on ebay...... he sold me a few bottols of it as well as some pints of marsh witch i know where real.

im 90% its real but it dosent stain at all so ill stick to what has stood up to my tests with is corio

dose art primos sell real garvey?

ill take some pictures of the labels as well. can anyone discribe the smell might help find out if its fake or real

I ve also bought the grog ink, i live in europe so for me it wasnot a big deal to get it, i just mailed the guy and he send me a box.

About the ink, its really black stuff, it can be quite easily buffed when its applied on painted surfaces, but it cannot be removed from the plastic that they use inside trains, subs etc. It also cant be removed from i am not sure what the english word for it is but i call it nature stone, and marble and stuff like that.

I think its nice ink.

I also found a factory that makes ink for the leather industrie so went there and i bought some bottles, the guy that sold me the stuff said i could get pure leatherdye which i had to mix with a solvent to a 1/9 ratio, offcourse i wanted to use the stuff pure and i mixed it with some grog and started bombing.

It rained the same night and all the leatherdye stuff pretty much rained away, turns out it really needs the solvent for it to become waterproof, i am still trying to get the ratio just right so it cant be buffed or at least leave some nasty stains.

the factory i bought it from is http://www.stahl.com/html/intro_frame.htm

they also have a distributor in the usa, i bought ink form theyre LD-59 series.

I dont know if anyone else here knows about theyre inks, but i ll keep you informed about my findings.

i know this is way of topic now but back on like the 7-8'th pages we talked bout indian and how crap it is well its waterbased right and useing on anything other than paper isn't gona work,ive (well i liitle kid i no who i gave a "marker"(it has indian ink and waterbased blue ink and glue in it) to has a had a tag on a metal eletrical box for over a year now and its bin in the rain over and over and over (bear in mind this is the uk) and the damn thing just wont go away....you guys reckon this is just no one has try to buff it? .........and quick question cant indian be used to thin a stronger ink mixes or will it affect their staining qualities? (i would just try it but i dont wana waste any decend ink)cheers