Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rubbish heap

INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

Yeah, thats what I meant. I saw the thing you said about specially ordering Gentian Violet and Walgreens, but I have never heard of this Methylene Blue, but thanks.

Chumbawumba.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i made a glue stick mop the other week....and when i opened the lid the nib came out with it and the ink went all over the place....did i post that on the other page??

This sounds legit.. would adding wood stain to an ink mix make it stain wood nicely without affecting the color or anything? Has anyone ever tried this? Also, I know you can get Gentian Violet from Walgreens, but does anyone know about Walbaums? Thanks,

Chumbawumba.

EDIT - Nevermind, I got the answer. Since this is the ink thread, I'll contribute something :king:

Scented Ink or Candy Ink

Get your favorite ink mix and put it in a paper cup. Get a plastic disposable knife, or straw. Get a hold of some Fragrance Oil. You can get it at any Home Decor store. They are used for these little Terra Cotta dishes that you place ontop of your lamp shade to give off a nice smell when the lamp is lit. Use an eyedropper to put some in, not too much because It'll effect the stain of your ink, in a negative way. This is the stuff I use - http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/309707/MVC-004F.JPG'> - I know you can't read it, but it says Fragrance Oil - Raspberry. Thats the fragrance of my choice. Mix it with the plastic knife or straw, then pour it in your marker. Juice the nib up nicely, then go bust some phat handys in a train car. This fragrance oil should'nt be too hard to obtain, but I got it in True Value Hardware for like a buck a bottle. If this recipe has been posted here already I apologize, but I felt like i needed to do something instead of just asking questions, haha. Hope I helped someone in need..

Chumbawumba.

candy ink isnt scented to smell nice...it naturally smells like candy and still stains hard...not as hard as my special mixes tho

DOES ANYONE KNOW if thinning leather dye with strong rubbig alcohol affects the permanant of the dye....ist leather dye like mostly rubbing alcohol anyways??

about the candy ink..

Oh, I didn't know that. I couldn't think of one place where I would get it, so fuck it, I'll keep making my own it works just fine. But I'll keep my eyes peeled for this candy ink..

Chumbawumba.

Mines Raspberry :king: Also, where can I get Corio, Methylene Blue and Feibens? Also what is Corio? Is it like dye, or ink or what? Thanks,

CHumba.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Mines Raspberry :king: Also, where can I get Corio, Methylene Blue and Feibens? Also what is Corio? Is it like dye, or ink or what? Thanks,

CHumba.

Corio is exclusive to Europe - you can't get it in the states unless you want to try to deal with some foreign mail order website bullshit, and theres no guarentees there. From what I've heard, its only good for transit. You may or may not be able to get methylene blue from your chemistry class, but you can def get it off a chemist website (do a search on google). I've heard pet stores have it too. Click here to find where you can get your Fiebing's at. The product is leather dye.

I was wondering the same. I wanna mix linseed and silver rusto, and put it into a on the run paint marker container.... and i wonder how thin i gotta make it to get it to flow through the nib.

Also... I have a nero question. What is this shit like?

Can i mix it with Carbon paper ink, methyblue, griffin, and brake fluid to make that shit hardc:king:re gangstah??

Originally posted by AevOne718

Also... I have a nero question. What is this shit like?

grandmaster answered this one on the first page, 5th post. i myself couldn't tell you what nero's like - i've never used it. anyways, the quote.

Originally posted by grandmaster

Nero is very permanent good ink.It stains blue when buffed! its a leather dye not like marsh so its quite thin but thicker than feibens:cool:

Originally posted by BRICKTOP

Anyone know if rusto and mineral spirits would flow good through woodcrafts or any other marker???

yo rubbish... i know you might know something about this^

you've been really helpful in this thread...

peace

jesus christ i hate griffin! i saw a few bottles in some store and the store had the balls to not put a camera in that one aisle. so i was gonna take a few so, i grabbed one and opened it to see if it was good (cause some of them are broken and dont let out ink) then when i opened it, the fucken thing spilled out all over the floor and fucked up my reeboks. i tried to ignore it and take a few more, but the ink was all over my hands and my shirt was white and if i tried to lift it to hide the stuff it would of fucked up my shirt, and i didnt want to fuck up my shirt and my pants along with my shoes that were already fucked up. so i left and went back as soon as i washed my hands, when i went back, i saw the custodian tryin to take it off the floor and i didnt feel like staying there any longer, so the moral of the lesson is next time you check a bottle of griffin, oped it near the floor and FAR away from yourself.

hahahaha... don't blame it on griffin, you were being pretty clumsy as fuck to spill in all over the floor.

hey bricktop, when you put oil based paint in a wood craft it doesn't flow out too well, and when you use excessive thinner it takes away from the color and opacity of the paint. it's best to put your shit in a mop instead. ;)

edit: did a little experimenting today. i got out a small glass bottle, put in some pilot ink and than mixed in some fish oil and threw that bottle of glass at a dumpster. the bottle shattered and left a drippy ink mess... i came back two hours later with a rag and some buff solution to see if fish oil really does anything for staining power like some of these heads on 12oz are claiming - it didn't do much of anything at all. kinda disappointed but oh well.

Re: chapstick pens

Originally posted by wwvdd

how many tags can u put up with one of those things?

it depends on how well your nib is flowing and what kinds of surfaces you're writing on - for example, that shit is going to last longer writing on metal and glass than it will concrete and asphalt, but you really can't do too many without getting streaky lines. you'd be lucky to get any more than 10 nice, opaque tags.. that shit is mainly for compactibility and short term usage.

it sounds intriguing. you should try that shit out yourself and put the ink up in a hot spot that gets buffed all the time and see how it goes :eek:

Re: Re: chapstick pens

Originally posted by rubbish heap

it depends on how well your nib is flowing and what kinds of surfaces you're writing on - for example, that shit is going to last longer writing on metal and glass than it will concrete and asphalt, but you really can't do too many without getting streaky lines. you'd be lucky to get any more than 10 nice, opaque tags.. that shit is mainly for compactibility and short term usage.

thanks alot man. im gonna make me one of those tommorow and ill tell u how it turns out.

I've answered countless questions since starting this thread.

Now I have a question of my own.. I'm going to buy a new pint of Marsh - Urbandesignz.com sells both the dye and the pigmented versions. Someone on 12oz mentioned that both types are the same permanency and that the pigment is too thick for most markers. I emailed UrbanDesignz and asked about the two Marsh's they carry - they said the Dye is mainly used for indoors and fades away outside, and the Pigmented is more durable outside.

So my question is, who is right and who is wrong? Has anyone used both? Thanks.

edit: i found out the marsh i currently have in a 4 oz. sample jar is dye, and it seemed roughly as permanent as pilot ink. i think i'll order the pigmented stuff and see - hopefully it will flow. any used it?

Hey rub, I would go with what Urban Designz told you. But I've never tried it so I would'nt know.

Also -

What European mailorder thing can I get corio at?

Chumba.

Get your methylene blue here, if you cant get it in Chemistry Class -

MB 1 and Gentian Violet GV