INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by BRICKTOP

do they sell this shit anywhere in san jose or the south bay.... i cant seem to find it anywhere but the internet...

peace

what the fuck is the matter with you? are you retarded?

to stick tot the topic here, do any inks work well on glass? i was never able to get a moderately-filled (not "overjuiced", i can get that to go on nicely) ink marker to lay on glass right. the only things that really worked were pentel whites and the stock zig paint. everything else comes out streaky. could it just be the nib of does it just not work well?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by rubbish heap

nice recipe.. i heard potassium permagrante and brake fluid, when combined, will have a reaction of some sort.. guess that myth is falso, though.

it makes the bottle of the pen warm...so it probably does react...but i allways do it with my inks and it hasnt doen anything bad yet....

Damn, I wake up today and it looks like the mods deleted 30 posts of mine, messed around a little with the ink thread and stickied the marker mod thread. Anyways, to the quotes...

Originally posted by destroya

to stick tot the topic here, do any inks work well on glass? i was never able to get a moderately-filled (not "overjuiced", i can get that to go on nicely) ink marker to lay on glass right. the only things that really worked were pentel whites and the stock zig paint. everything else comes out streaky. could it just be the nib of does it just not work well?

The stock ink in zigs is garbage on windows - shit can be scratched away with your finger nails because it doesnt really stick. now, not in my own experience but from what ive heard, garvey ink is good times on windows. mine should be shipping in the mail as i type this. i know that straight griffin is garbage on glass - shit doesn't seem to be able to stick at all.

Originally posted by JeffLebowski

If you can brave it:

Sulfuric Acid Tablets... Crush them up, dilute and add small/tiny drops to your own 'warm-at-heart' ink. Not too much, or your container will self-destruct!! Happy Crushing!

sounds like some sketchy shit, haha.

Originally posted by HOVIE

it makes the bottle of the pen warm...so it probably does react...but i allways do it with my inks and it hasnt doen anything bad yet....

hmm.. i think im going to try both of them in an ink as soon as i can get ahold of the potassium perm. heard sears stocks it, and pet shops too.

__

and washing your hands in it cant be getting them very clean..common sense people, come on.

__

yeah? I use it to get griffin stains off my hands, and paint. It also weakens the laquer on my hardwood floor so i can scratch stains out with an exacto knife, to to meantion the fact that it helps me was stains off my walls... which are some wierd bumpy paint or something.

How about, instead of discussing brake fluid and the effects it has on my soft, gentle hands...

Alright, I have never tried this, but I would love to...

Get a Jumbo Silver UNIPAINT

2 white unis,

and a blue uni, these three should be medium or whatever

Empty the blue and 2 whites into the silver, now.... even if it doesnt make a wierd sky blue chrome, it will do some funky shit. Try this out and let me know... unless I get to do it first.

Well rubbadubdubish... that sounds good to me... except I still insist on a very very thinned out white.

In other words get some white bucket, then mix it with thinner... i mean like... 3/4.... and u get this thin watery white, then use that as a thinner for your pink/silver mix.... I think that would be beautiful :-p

OKAY.... If anyone is from Russia or the Ukraine or the sssr.... do you remember this green shit they called ZEELAUNKAH ( that just the russian pronounciation)... anyways, it stained skin like a sonofabitch, just like griffin, or carbon paper ink. It, much like genitian violet, is an anti septic.

http://www.russianfoods.com/showroom/produ...ges/916C015.jpg

That MIGHT be it... but I doubt it. whatever. ASk your babushkas if they have that shit lying around.

alright i need some help...

farther back i saw that you have to mix paint with thinners, blah blah blah and all that bullshit. now, i need you guys to get more specific, im tring to mix piants but i dont know what type of paint, is it glossy, semi gloss, flat, primer,...? and i also need to know what the best brand is... i have some red devil paint, some rustoleum and a shitload of bobo paints. thanks it would also help if you guys gave measurements.. thanks again

you're so lucky that i'm always compelled to answer this stuff... lol.

i'll break it down. think of a blank shit of paper. thats a flat white color; now think of the edge of a polariod photo, that's glossy white; in other works, flat means no shines and gloss means shines. satin is in between the two. myself, i prefer gloss when you are using that shit in a mop...

make sure you get OIL BASED , not latex based. do NOT use primer.

get a small bucket of paint instead of spraying it from a spray can. if you're too lazy, its your loss and im not here to listen to people whine about it. anyways, i'm going to flat out say there isn't any one BEST brand, its all opinions. and two brands i strongly prefer are rustoleum bucket paint, and one-shot.

onto the measurements. some people like using more thinner than paint for drips; i'm the opposite. in my experience, too much paint thinner (also called mineral spirits) means less opaque, bold paint. i try to do it about 25% thinner and 75% paint.

dont know if this was discussed before if so, here it is again........

recipe for krink-like substance

1 or 2 cans of krylon chrome aluminum

1 jar

spray the contents of the cans into the jar

let it sit overnight or a few hours. (put the lid on dumbass)

after it sits, it should have two layers, silver bottom and a dark kinda metallicy top

dump the shit on top out

add thinner, equal to about 1/4 of the silver shit to the ummmm....silver shit. voila, a drippy ass silver krink-like substance

dont mess your good clothes up

Originally posted by ader47

is violet corrio the strongest corrio colour?

and if its mixed with that aerosol art bombing marker ink and a bit of leather dye will it make it weaker?

thanks in advance :D

from what ive seen black corio stains the best....adding a bit of leather dye changes the color a bit.......use the brown one

damn good idea rubbish... except... I donno bout you, but I have no pilot or any other ink to spare, on the other hand, if you do, then you can do it, though it will the paper will absorb a bit of pilot or w/e ink you use. I have used straight carbon ink, and, depending on what kinda marker you put it in it is opaqe, but it is mostly for transit anyways, to get the stainage goin ;). Thats why was used by old school writers mostly. But, if u have enough pilot to spare go for it, just dont get paper in the mop or marker, because obviouly itll clog.

one warning, like i said, the carbon makes the alcohol evaporate very fast for some reason, ive had it in glue stick marker, and when time comes to refill, the marker is full of nasty pulp from the paper. heh :)

i know its been mentioned that latex paint doesnt work like oilbased paint, but i was wondering if anyone knows why it doesnt take thinners well? i made one recipe that was some cool red krylon bucket paint (yes, it was latex) and since i was hard up for flow i just mixed it with some Jasco i had lying around...did it thin? no. it got all goopy and weird. just wondering what it was about the oil based paint that makes it work better...

Originally posted by macksimum

i know its been mentioned that latex paint doesnt work like oilbased paint, but i was wondering if anyone knows why it doesnt take thinners well? i made one recipe that was some cool red krylon bucket paint (yes, it was latex) and since i was hard up for flow i just mixed it with some Jasco i had lying around...did it thin? no. it got all goopy and weird. just wondering what it was about the oil based paint that makes it work better...

Latex paint can be thinned with water ; things like paint thinner, lacquer thinner and and xylene can only be used to thin oil based paints, they won't mix with latex.

oil based paints are more toxic than latex ; that said, they're more ideal for a mop. the paint that comes out of a spray can is almost always oil based. now, if you wanted to paint the inside of your room or something, i can see nothing wrong with latex...

Originally posted by AevOne718

one warning, like i said, the carbon makes the alcohol evaporate very fast for some reason, ive had it in glue stick marker, and when time comes to refill, the marker is full of nasty pulp from the paper. heh :)

use a different solvent, i read a recipe for carbon paper ink that said to use lighter fluid

I tried experimenting with that Pearl Ex stuff today. I got the Purple Interference stuff and added it into black Pilot Ink. I haven't tried to do a buff test to see if it effects the permanancy, for better or worse, but it definitely added a purple gloss to it. Kinda weird. I was suspicious at first because the powder is an off-colored white but it worked fine. It didnt really make the ink much thicker, either. I'm going to pick up some silver next; silvers gotta be the shit.

streak ingredients;

Cas: 111-76-2

RTECS #: KJ8575000

Name: ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOBUTYL ETHER.BP: ANDgt;336F,ANDgt;169C.VP: 0.6 @ 77F.

VAP DENS: 4.1.

% Wt: 10-54

OSHA PEL: 50 PPM, S

ACGIH TLV: 25 PPM, S

------------------------------

Name: ING 1: EVAP RATE: ANDlt;0.1 (BUTYL ACETATE=1). FL PT/METH: 142F,61C/TCC.

OSHA PEL: N/K (FP N)

ACGIH TLV: N/K (FP N)

-----------------------------

Cas: 84-74-2

RTECS #: TI0875000

Name: DIBUTYL PHTHALATE (SARA 313) (CERCLA)

% Wt: 2

OSHA PEL: 5 MG/M3

ACGIH TLV: 5 MG/M3

EPA Rpt Qty: 10 LBS

DOT Rpt Qty: 10 LBS

Cas: 13463-67-7

RTECS #: XR2275000

Name: TITANIUM DIOXIDE

% Wt: 0-24

OSHA PEL: 15 MG/M3 TDUST

ACGIH TLV: 10 MG/M3 TDUST

Cas: 1333-86-4

RTECS #: FF5800000

Name: CARBON BLACK

% Wt: 0-8

OSHA PEL: 3.5 MG/M3

ACGIH TLV: 3.5 MG/M3

Cas: 16013-44-8

Name: PIGMENT, BONE RED; (PIG RED CI15865-4)

% Wt: 0-3

Cas: 5567-16-7

Name: PIGMENT YELLOW 83; (PIG YELLOW CI 83) (MFR'S CAS #5567-15-7)

% Wt: 0-3

-----------------------------

Cas: 9004-36-8

Name: CELLULOSE ACETATE BUTYLATE AND INGREDIENT 9

% Wt: ANDlt;36.5

Name: KETONE RESIN

% Wt: ANDlt;36.5