INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

good luck to anyone trying that streak recipe.. you're better off buying one yourself :yum:

i just got some more supplies today. my violet garvey came, i picked up some dot3 brake fluid, black carbon paper (i couldn't find violet, aev..), and some gentian violet (although it is in liquid form, not powder... :( ) i'm going to experiment and test this shit out as soon as it stops raining and gets dry. hopefully i can gank some powder gentian in the future because i get the feeling this liquid shit is going to be way weaker / less pure.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by AevOne718

from what people say... black dont work. If i can manage to get some violet paper, i'd mail you some. A trade perhaps?

sounds good. the place i went to, the owner basically said that they have someone buy carbon paper once in a month.. and they don't carry much. than again i know of another store that stocks pretty much only paper, i may check them.

Originally posted by ader47

is violet corrio the strongest corrio colour?

and if its mixed with that aerosol art bombing marker ink and a bit of leather dye will it make it weaker?

thanks in advance :D

I swear the violet isnt even permanent now, unless i need to add an additive?

I wrote on a small plastic thing one night and rubbed my finger with a bit of water over it the next morning and it came off...advice? :( It did leave a veerry slight stain i guess

I swear the violet isnt even permanent now, unless i need to add an additive?

I wrote on a small plastic thing one night and rubbed my finger with a bit of water over it the next morning and it came off...advice? :( It did leave a veerry slight stain i guess

the problem might be that the plastic thing was too smooth...that happens on clean windows aswell.....they buff most inks in about 2 or 3 buffs now.....ive never used corio on its own...its too transparent for my liking

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by rubbish heap

The other ink recipe threads are dying, and nobody wants to read through 10 pages to find what they want. .

The irony is this thread is getting massive so any thing vaguely off topic is getting deleted to whittle it down to just info. No offence to those losing posts.

HOLY SHIT!!! you know how rubbish heap said that you can only thin latex paint with water... well i looked through my garage and nothing but latex... anyways i found a small bucket of green latex (it was rustoleum) and i was like "what the hey..." so i mixed i with water and i put the shit in a kiwi mop... when i tried it in schooljesus pissing christ!! the shit was leaky as fuck, it stained everything in sight and the best part was the it smelled like chocolate!!! im gonna rack me some kiwis and fill that shit up with all the paint i have left. who would have thought that i could find something out like that purely by accident:idea:

Re: Re: INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

Originally posted by b0b

The irony is this thread is getting massive so any thing vaguely off topic is getting deleted to whittle it down to just info. No offence to those losing posts.

i was wondering where some of those pages went...

thanks for refining the thread, i appreciate it. if i had mod privilages on this thread i'd probably do something similar myself.

Guest imported_b0b

Re: Re: Re: INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

Originally posted by rubbish heap

thanks for refining the thread, i appreciate it. if i had mod privilages on this thread i'd probably do something similar myself.

It wouldn't happen for while, as it is grief to sort out on the database that runs this place. In the meantime you stuck me with coming and dleting things and upsetting everyone's post counts

Originally posted by HOVIE

the problem might be that the plastic thing was too smooth...that happens on clean windows aswell.....they buff most inks in about 2 or 3 buffs now.....ive never used corio on its own...its too transparent for my liking

What do you add to it?

Originally posted by BobotheHobo

has anyone here ever trieed using steel wool as a nib i was looking at some and it looked like it might work nicly

why not just use a chalkboard eraser? that's pretty much the tried-and-true thing for a nib; people have been using them forever.

however, its wouldnt hurt to try youself.

an observation: some of you have asked in the past, on this thread and elsewhere, what is the best way to thin out an ink. i think i've come to the conclusion that the answer is pure ethanol (ethyl alcohol). this beats rubbing alcohol, which is usually diluted with water, and xylene, which eats away plastic. in my next recipe i think i'm going to use that shit.

by the way, thanks destroya for telling me a little bit about the differences in certain alcohols...

• Like 1

What do you add to it?

i allways add some pottasium and break fluid to all orf my mixes because i have loads of it and it actually works.....if i have anything else ill add it....leather dye, inferno, whatever......try this mix...i posted it a couple of pages back but its a fuckin beauty

get a 250ml bottle of black corio

use about a quater of it...or pour the whole bottle into a coke bottle

then get a bottle of dark brown leather dye

potasium permagranate

break fluid

its one of my favourites yet:D

EDIT*..but you still might have the problem of it going weird on windows...but theres no point in bombing on windows with ink anyway in my opinion....

I was in my basement and i found something called pcv primer i guess its for pipes. well anyway i put some this piece of plastic and like forgot bout it 5 in later but the next morning i went down there and i remebered so i went to go check out how easy it was to buff and shit. so i look at it and its kinda transparent, then i take a rag and put some goof off on it and start to rub that shit down.....i couldnt even make a dent nothin fucken happened so i was like whoa .. im bout to start puttin that shit in my mops. it looks scrumptious:yum:

Re: Re: RIT dye

Originally posted by ARCEL

yeah, don't bother with it, unless you're going to be doing tags on cloth, and even then i think you have to use hot water to make it permanent.

what i have came in powder form, so i would have to add water anyway. i mean, i wasnt planning on using it only as the ink...but rather as an additive...guess ill just have to 'figure it out for myself...'

water in inks

i made an ink with some powdered leather dye and to get it liquid i used hot water...when i put the ink into my new deoderant marker and tested it, it looked like what happens when you draw on the shiny side of the back of a label....you know how it all seperates and beads off? i was wondering if that was from adding water to the dye...or could it have been from the sponge i used as the nib for the marker (havent tried to come up on any chalkboard erasers, yet)? because when you pull the sponge outta the package they're a little damp with a weird soapy substance. but i dont think thats the problem cos i tried using a sock and the same thing happened. if anyones had a similar problem and/or solution please lemme know. until then i will try to figure it out myself...but help would be great.

Originally posted by AevOne718

um... a stove??

too hot, it will turn the baby powder into shit, you need something that can gradually heat it, altho my friend can get it to work with a stove, i always end up turning it into ash that way, i just so happened to post teh easiest way for me to get it to turn black.

Originally posted by BobotheHobo

I was in my basement and i found something called pcv primer i guess its for pipes. well anyway i put some this piece of plastic and like forgot bout it 5 in later but the next morning i went down there and i remebered so i went to go check out how easy it was to buff and shit. so i look at it and its kinda transparent, then i take a rag and put some goof off on it and start to rub that shit down.....i couldnt even make a dent nothin fucken happened so i was like whoa .. im bout to start puttin that shit in my mops. it looks scrumptious:yum:

they use pvc primer to prime the pipes for glueing befor ethey stick em together, its permanent up to a certain extent on pvc, but anything else it will wash off rather quickly, if you can mix it and make it darker it would probably be some sick shit to see on some plexiglass windows,....

Originally posted by earo 35

HOLY SHIT!!! you know how rubbish heap said that you can only thin latex paint with water... well i looked through my garage and nothing but latex... anyways i found a small bucket of green latex (it was rustoleum) and i was like "what the hey..." so i mixed i with water and i put the shit in a kiwi mop... when i tried it in schooljesus pissing christ!! the shit was leaky as fuck, it stained everything in sight and the best part was the it smelled like chocolate!!! im gonna rack me some kiwis and fill that shit up with all the paint i have left. who would have thought that i could find something out like that purely by accident:idea:

who writes at school?:burned:

Originally posted by ARCEL

rubbish, how's the garvey and gentian ?

as i said, the gentian is liquid form so i'm sure i'll be disappointed with it. the garvey is looking good.

today i put up a bunch of shit on a dumpster - silver otr flowpen ink, silver unipaint ink, straight ink from the kiwi (used for comparison, obviously it is shit), pilot ink, straight garvey, white meanstreak, red sakura streak, griffin and straight liquid gentian violet.

tommorrow i'm going back to give it all the buff, and see which ones are stronger than the others, and how garvey, gentian and otr compare to pilot, griffin and silver unipaint...

i will post the results tommorrow.

Rubbish Heap - I'm getting the Garvey from that auction you posted, thanks man.

no problem. it should mix just fine into a pilot - they are both alcohol based. i plan on adding mine into a pilot after this upcoming buff test.. it probably won't come out completely purple in the pilot, but that doesnt really matter.

Are you using the black garvey or the purple garvey.

The violet shit looks so fucking narsty man, I'm seriouslly going to get some of that shit.

further note, To get some dope colors in mops, Fix up some nice and drippy White, and if you have any otr markers with there shitty ink, pour alittle of whatever you want into it, shake it up, and you got your self a nice light version of whatever color you put into it.

me and my boy made a sick light pink bastard.