INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

i was goin through my moms manicure box thingy and i found some stuff that makes liquids dry faster and harder and this other stuff that dries with a glossy finish so im thinking bout expiermenting with some of this shit.IF anyone could give me details on how to make a mop out of a deoderant container it would be very helpful

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've heard about products just like those made for house paint. I'd give it a go.

As far as deodorant mops, making them is like any other.

1) Get the kind of deodorant that rolls on and empty it out, clean it and dry it.

2) Get out a candle, light it, and than let the wax drip on the bottom of the inside of the deodorant container to seal it so ink doesn't leak.

3) Get some cotton balls, or an old sock or rag, and put it in the container to use as a filler so the ink isn't completely free flowing.

4) Get some ink; make sure you pick one that flows well, like Marsh or Pilot. Fill the container with the cotton filler inside. Make sure you have an eye dropper like that little thing that comes with Pilot ink.

5) Obtain an felt chalk board eraser, tear off a strip, and depending on the size of your container and the size of your eraser, either

a)cut it to fit your deodorat mop but keep it a little big, and jam it in there

or B) fold it in half, and jam it in there.

If you have the size right, it should stay. There's people out there who have their own ways of keeping the nib in its position like using a nail or super glue. I've never had to do that with a mop myself - I can usually fit the felt to stay on right.

6) After you have the ink in the container and the eraser nib on, get that eyedropper and saturate the nib completely in ink. This will ensure that its juicy - when it starts to get more dry after repeated use, do this again to juice up the nib.

edit: i put a step by step for making chapstick mops i wrote awhile ago on the front page.

Okay, I am going to help you kids out, because I'm just that type a guy.

Washable/Lavable

WINDOW

CHALK

its made by some company called CHUNKIE

It's white, and the cap is the color of the window paint.

Thats the shit for markers. Nice size line, durable nib. You push on it for drips, ease the pressure for a clean round line. The cap is screw on, so it's leak-safe. Perfect for etch, durable casing.

I've found it in K-Mart, Staples, and I'm sure most grocery stores have it, especially around Jul. 4th.

Originally posted by rubbish heap

WELCOME TO PAGE FIVE

I've heard about products just like those made for house paint. I'd give it a go.

As far as deodorant mops, making them is like any other.

1) Get the kind of deodorant that rolls on and empty it out, clean it and dry it.

2) Get out a candle, light it, and than let the wax drip on the bottom of the inside of the deodorant container to seal it so ink doesn't leak.

3) Get some cotton balls, or an old sock or rag, and put it in the container to use as a filler so the ink isn't completely free flowing.

4) Get some ink; make sure you pick one that flows well, like Marsh or Pilot. Fill the container with the cotton filler inside. Make sure you have an eye dropper like that little thing that comes with Pilot ink.

5) Obtain an felt chalk board eraser, tear off a strip, and depending on the size of your container and the size of your eraser, either

a)cut it to fit your deodorat mop but keep it a little big, and jam it in there

or B) fold it in half, and jam it in there.

If you have the size right, it should stay. There's people out there who have their own ways of keeping the nib in its position like using a nail or super glue. I've never had to do that with a mop myself - I can usually fit the felt to stay on right.

6) After you have the ink in the container and the eraser nib on, get that eyedropper and saturate the nib completely in ink. This will ensure that its juicy - when it starts to get more dry after repeated use, do this again to juice up the nib.

edit: i put a step by step for making chapstick mops i wrote awhile ago on the front page.

i thought ive heard everything, i gotta make 1 one of these days...

This sounds legit.. would adding wood stain to an ink mix make it stain wood nicely without affecting the color or anything? Has anyone ever tried this? Also, I know you can get Gentian Violet from Walgreens, but does anyone know about Walbaums? Thanks,

Chumbawumba.

EDIT - Nevermind, I got the answer. Since this is the ink thread, I'll contribute something :king:

Scented Ink or Candy Ink

Get your favorite ink mix and put it in a paper cup. Get a plastic disposable knife, or straw. Get a hold of some Fragrance Oil. You can get it at any Home Decor store. They are used for these little Terra Cotta dishes that you place ontop of your lamp shade to give off a nice smell when the lamp is lit. Use an eyedropper to put some in, not too much because It'll effect the stain of your ink, in a negative way. This is the stuff I use - http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/309707/MVC-004F.JPG'> - I know you can't read it, but it says Fragrance Oil - Raspberry. Thats the fragrance of my choice. Mix it with the plastic knife or straw, then pour it in your marker. Juice the nib up nicely, then go bust some phat handys in a train car. This fragrance oil should'nt be too hard to obtain, but I got it in True Value Hardware for like a buck a bottle. If this recipe has been posted here already I apologize, but I felt like i needed to do something instead of just asking questions, haha. Hope I helped someone in need..

Chumbawumba.

candy ink isnt scented to smell nice...it naturally smells like candy and still stains hard...not as hard as my special mixes tho

DOES ANYONE KNOW if thinning leather dye with strong rubbig alcohol affects the permanant of the dye....ist leather dye like mostly rubbing alcohol anyways??

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Mines Raspberry :king: Also, where can I get Corio, Methylene Blue and Feibens? Also what is Corio? Is it like dye, or ink or what? Thanks,

CHumba.

Corio is exclusive to Europe - you can't get it in the states unless you want to try to deal with some foreign mail order website bullshit, and theres no guarentees there. From what I've heard, its only good for transit. You may or may not be able to get methylene blue from your chemistry class, but you can def get it off a chemist website (do a search on google). I've heard pet stores have it too. Click here to find where you can get your Fiebing's at. The product is leather dye.

I was wondering the same. I wanna mix linseed and silver rusto, and put it into a on the run paint marker container.... and i wonder how thin i gotta make it to get it to flow through the nib.

Also... I have a nero question. What is this shit like?

Can i mix it with Carbon paper ink, methyblue, griffin, and brake fluid to make that shit hardc:king:re gangstah??

Originally posted by AevOne718

Also... I have a nero question. What is this shit like?

grandmaster answered this one on the first page, 5th post. i myself couldn't tell you what nero's like - i've never used it. anyways, the quote.

Originally posted by grandmaster

Nero is very permanent good ink.It stains blue when buffed! its a leather dye not like marsh so its quite thin but thicker than feibens:cool:

jesus christ i hate griffin! i saw a few bottles in some store and the store had the balls to not put a camera in that one aisle. so i was gonna take a few so, i grabbed one and opened it to see if it was good (cause some of them are broken and dont let out ink) then when i opened it, the fucken thing spilled out all over the floor and fucked up my reeboks. i tried to ignore it and take a few more, but the ink was all over my hands and my shirt was white and if i tried to lift it to hide the stuff it would of fucked up my shirt, and i didnt want to fuck up my shirt and my pants along with my shoes that were already fucked up. so i left and went back as soon as i washed my hands, when i went back, i saw the custodian tryin to take it off the floor and i didnt feel like staying there any longer, so the moral of the lesson is next time you check a bottle of griffin, oped it near the floor and FAR away from yourself.

hahahaha... don't blame it on griffin, you were being pretty clumsy as fuck to spill in all over the floor.

hey bricktop, when you put oil based paint in a wood craft it doesn't flow out too well, and when you use excessive thinner it takes away from the color and opacity of the paint. it's best to put your shit in a mop instead. ;)

edit: did a little experimenting today. i got out a small glass bottle, put in some pilot ink and than mixed in some fish oil and threw that bottle of glass at a dumpster. the bottle shattered and left a drippy ink mess... i came back two hours later with a rag and some buff solution to see if fish oil really does anything for staining power like some of these heads on 12oz are claiming - it didn't do much of anything at all. kinda disappointed but oh well.

Re: chapstick pens

Originally posted by wwvdd

how many tags can u put up with one of those things?

it depends on how well your nib is flowing and what kinds of surfaces you're writing on - for example, that shit is going to last longer writing on metal and glass than it will concrete and asphalt, but you really can't do too many without getting streaky lines. you'd be lucky to get any more than 10 nice, opaque tags.. that shit is mainly for compactibility and short term usage.

Re: Re: chapstick pens

Originally posted by rubbish heap

it depends on how well your nib is flowing and what kinds of surfaces you're writing on - for example, that shit is going to last longer writing on metal and glass than it will concrete and asphalt, but you really can't do too many without getting streaky lines. you'd be lucky to get any more than 10 nice, opaque tags.. that shit is mainly for compactibility and short term usage.

thanks alot man. im gonna make me one of those tommorow and ill tell u how it turns out.

I've answered countless questions since starting this thread.

Now I have a question of my own.. I'm going to buy a new pint of Marsh - Urbandesignz.com sells both the dye and the pigmented versions. Someone on 12oz mentioned that both types are the same permanency and that the pigment is too thick for most markers. I emailed UrbanDesignz and asked about the two Marsh's they carry - they said the Dye is mainly used for indoors and fades away outside, and the Pigmented is more durable outside.

So my question is, who is right and who is wrong? Has anyone used both? Thanks.

edit: i found out the marsh i currently have in a 4 oz. sample jar is dye, and it seemed roughly as permanent as pilot ink. i think i'll order the pigmented stuff and see - hopefully it will flow. any used it?