INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by b0b

I wouldnt mix nero, that stuff is great as it is. It is best (as far as I'm aware) used on transit or busstops etc. Not really a street bombing ink. Add some of the additive powders people on here talking about and hey presto, killer stains. That stuff stinks though

i allways mix nero with stuff...its better with a bit of corio or sumthing in it...but yeah potassium permagranate allways does the trick

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anything i can add to indian ink to make it strong/more permant cause wot they say is true it aint permant but on paper ,and ill try anything once i can nick f*ck loads of ink,paint ,anything from my skool dumbass art teacher!!im looking for the toilet honest miss!!!!lol:king: :king: :lol:

Originally posted by BobotheHobo

if your ink is too thin whats somethign that u can use to thicken it up and help the ink stain at the same time

Methylene Blue and Gentian Violet are both two things that will thicken the ink and help the stain :crazy:

Originally posted by pugsly

anything i can add to indian ink to make it strong/more permant cause wot they say is true it aint permant but on paper ,and ill try anything once i can nick f*ck loads of ink,paint ,anything from my skool dumbass art teacher!!im looking for the toilet honest miss!!!!lol:king: :king: :lol:

India ink is trash; it's water based and leaves no ghost or stainage at all.

My suggestion is to cop some of that nasty ink you guys got in Europe, like Nero, Corio and Fiebing's.

Originally posted by rubbish heap

My suggestion is to cop some of that nasty ink you guys got in Europe, like Nero, Corio and Fiebing's.

fiebings is an american product, it's made in texas or somewhere like that.

what makes all those inks good is that there highly alchoholic

Originally posted by can of worms

fiebings is an american product, it's made in texas or somewhere like that.

what makes all those inks good is that there highly alchoholic

im aware that fiebing's is made in the US... im also aware that the heads in europe use that shit to kill the trainsit :crazy: i assume you can buy it fairly easy there, that is why i mentioned it ;)

you could try your local graff store. i don't live in the bay area, so i have no idea if they stock it or not.

Graff Shops Around the World Thread

myself, i'm getting mine off the internet.

edit: Aev, I've been letting my violet/bluish carbon paper / rubbing alcohol sit in a glass jar for almost 3 days now and all i have is an unopaque, easy to buff blue staining ink. am i missing something here?

Originally posted by loknesmonsta

has anyone ever used iodene as a stainer just wonderin if i should make the effort to get it... i spect it could stain some things but not others

actually i was just thinking about using it for an additive today, i know it does make a stain but im not sure how strong it is. i'm going to get some soon.

i just wonder where to get some pure iodine at, i know the drug stores sell a heavily diluted version.

edit: upon further investigation it seems it'd be doing more bad than good by watering down your ink and leaving a stain that is easy to wash off.

Originally posted by rubbish heap

actually i was just thinking about using it for an additive today, i know it does make a stain but im not sure how strong it is. i'm going to get some soon.

i just wonder where to get some pure iodine at, i know the drug stores sell a heavily diluted version.

yer in school the teachers say it stains clothes and it really hard to get off your hands....i might get a little bottle

Originally posted by chumbawumba

What is the right kind of carbon paper to be using? I can get that shit down my block.

edit-

What does this mean? Gentian Violet Aqueous? Look at it here http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/CTGY/21362

Aqueous, to the best of my knowledge, means its liquid. you don't want liquid, you want the dry stain.

and the carbon paper, i guess you have to use violet or it doesnt work.

Yeah it sounded like liquid to me, too. No worries, they have the methylene blue dry stain. The only carbon paper I can get here is black. Back when my uncle died we raided his house and took all his stuff. He had about 7 pads of violet carbon paper, I would have kept some but this was before I liked graff. Fuck I regret that.

yup, another thread for ink-tinkering

i know there are ink and marker threads already but i'm not in the mood to sift through 8 pages to see if a thread may or may not have a vague answer to my question. so what is the difference between NERO and MARSH inks. does nero have more staining power? is there a difference in consistancy? curious because i have gathered all of the elements for a new series of ink doctoring except for two. one of these being the main ingredient, ink. i've used marsh before but not nero, so i'm wondering how it stacks up. which ink mixes the best and which ink has the greatest lasting power? here is a chance for all you ink-tinkerers to flex some grey-matter. oh and rubbish... your input is greatly anticipated. namaste'.

Re: yup, another thread for ink-tinkering

Originally posted by rinse

and rubbish... your input is greatly anticipated. namaste'.

i'd love to tell you a firsthand answer, but i've never used nero; only marsh.

from what i've heard, nero is probably stronger but i have no idea which one flows better; marsh t-grade dye is one of the best flowing inks out there, after all.

im buying nero, among other things, off bscience after i get some cash saved. they should be here in about a month. once it comes, i'll probably do some more buff testing.

Originally posted by AevOne718

as we all know rit cloth dye is ubershit... but what about RIT LEATHER DYE??? EH??? Anyone ever heard of this stuff? my friend says he has some. I donno. I'll checkit out and let youse guys know.

my experience (which came AFTER you told me it was shit, maybe i didnt specify it was leather dye) was that all it takes is a little spit to buff it. it smears and smears and smears and then eventual (real quick) its gone. but that was also just the powdered dye mixed iwth hot water and some other random shit i found 'round the house.

Originally posted by macksimum

i was hoping for something other than the graff shop cos im poor and i dont like shop(lift)ing from down folks.

ok, then here is my advice. get out your phone book if you have one, look up all the drug stores in your area, and call them and ask if they carry gentian violet, and if they do, if it's in the powder form. after you find one, you're set.