INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sup yall

im new. anybody know how to make the ink out of carbon paper and alcohol. sorry if somone asked this before but as i said im new. i have a shit load of carbon paper but dont know how to make the ink for my homemade marker. ive heard that you make it by chemically dissolving the carbon paper and shit like that but i dont know the exact process.thanks

godamn, sorry but im just askin a question. I mixed it before and it didnt work as well as i thought n i thought i was makin it wrong cause ive never made it. i need a recipe that is completely homemade (what i mean is that all of the ingredients must be around the house, i cant go out n buy n e thing cause im poor) any suggustions?

Originally posted by earo 35

godamn, sorry but im just askin a question. I mixed it before and it didnt work as well as i thought n i thought i was makin it wrong cause ive never made it. i need a recipe that is completely homemade (what i mean is that all of the ingredients must be around the house, i cant go out n buy n e thing cause im poor) any suggustions?

1) whats up with the first sentence, no ones yelling at you. :idea:

2) as for the recipe, if you're like alot of people and have paint lying around the house or the garage, try mixing it with paint thinner/mineral spirits, turpentine, or lacquer thinner. hopefully you have atleast one of these somewhere. put that shit in a mop.

3) if you have shoe products around the house, you could see if you have any leather dye and use that as ink. chances are, it'll stain hard.

4) it doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, you can still rack things. if you're too poor to buy anything and too scarred to rack, you might as well get out of graff.

5) if there's nothing good around the house to make ink out of, just use the stock ink in a marker. pilots are great.

thanks for the recipe and as for the last comment, i already have a really big criminal record and i cant take that many risks as i could before. as soon as i walk in a store most of the workers there recognize me and watch my every move so i cant really do that much. anyways im thinkin of movin to some other city nearby. thanks again.

by the way, you know where i might be able to get a pilot? ive been everywhere and i cant find them anywhere. my friend has one and he doesnt know where to get it either because somone gave it to him. he said he once saw them in home depot but i havent really gotten the time to look. please answer.

Okay, I am going to settle this carbon ink shit. I've done it. It works. It works very well, and stains very hard.

But... you need the right kind of carbon paper. It has to be PURPLE. Not black. PURPLE. The ink comes out this sick purple, but I recommend this:

CARBON INK

70-90% Isopryl Alcohol w/ torn up pieces of carbon paper in a jar, allowed to sit for a week, then liquid is poured off into w/e.

(A WARNING: THIS INK EVAPORATES REALLY FAST. ALWAYS KEEP IT CLOSED... IV'E LOST WHOLE BATCHES BEFORE IN LESS THAN A MINUTE)

Anyways, Mix these:

Carbon Paper Ink - Stains bluish, the additive

Alcohol based ink (Pilot, Montana ink, etc) - Permanent, the base

Leather Dye (Griffin Black, Kiwi Leather Dye)- stains dark- additive

A bit of Break Fluid (DOT 3 only)- Stains yellowish/brownish, corrosive..

I think this would work in most markers, especially in eraser nibbed, or socks.

COMBINE DOT 3 BRAKE FLUID WITH YOUR GRIFFIN, CORIO, FEIBINGS, OR CANDY INK TO GET A SICK STAIN ON TRANSIT....THE FUCKING BRAKE FLUID EATS INTO THE PLASTIC AND LETS THE STAINER INKS GET EVEN DEEPER INTO PLASTIC....I GOT A FEW HALF BUFFED SHOTS RUNNING CUS THEY GIVE UP AFTER A FEW FUTILE ATTEMPS AT CLEANING MY SHIT

Originally posted by fuck muni

COMBINE DOT 3 BRAKE FLUID WITH YOUR GRIFFIN, CORIO, FEIBINGS, OR CANDY INK TO GET A SICK STAIN ON TRANSIT....THE FUCKING BRAKE FLUID EATS INTO THE PLASTIC AND LETS THE STAINER INKS GET EVEN DEEPER INTO PLASTIC....I GOT A FEW HALF BUFFED SHOTS RUNNING CUS THEY GIVE UP AFTER A FEW FUTILE ATTEMPS AT CLEANING MY SHIT

would that mix with marsh?

so wait, if i add brake fluid to a recipe and put it in a kiwi mop, is it just going to melt the plastic and the sponge? Also, does anyone have a good way to make the little sponge heads on kiwis last longer? or have a good substitute besides chalkboard eraser cause i always either have to use a bunch of glue and end up clogging the flow, or that bitch falls off "mid-tag" and i get to walk home looking i got in a fight with a giant squid.

some top secret shit

ok heres my secret weapon:

any 3 high quality inks, (marsh, griff, pilot, i like city wide)

leather dye, (dark red is nice)

Pearl Ex, (this is the flashy part of the mix)

acetone, (or any thinner)

ok, take your inks, mix em up in a pot you don't care about and put over low-med heat. stir until it gets just a little thick, stop & remove from heat. now your 3 inks have formed one "super ink", but your not nearly done. now mix in your leather dye and stir. if your mixture is still to thick, thin it up with some acetone, the thinner the drippier, (obviously). now take your Pearl Ex, (this can be found in most to all arts and crafts stores. its used to add sparkle to paint or really anything. the particles are about 10 microns which is plenty small enough to flow through any marker nib. it comes an a variety of colors and is about 5 bucks a jar. ), and dump in a bunch and stir. the more of it you add the more sparkle your tags will have, it will also tint your ink a little depending on the color. if you put in a lot and your stuff gets thick again, use more thinner.it makes buffing quite a pain in the ass and makes your handstyles sparkle like hell. i love it. oh, by the way, if anyone is interested, you can obtain methelyne blue at most pet stores, its used commenly in fish tanks.:D :D

• Like 1

the same thing happened to me the other day. i was taggin and i got up on one of the urinals( because the only wall is really high, every thing else is tile) the the glue came off and it spilled all over the urinals and the floor and the my shoes(i got new ones) then i went to school today and the whole thing is still there (you can see bleach marks from the custodian tryin to buff it) i hate the custudian the worst part is that hes cheap. the other day i bombed a wall and he didnt have any other color primer other than a dark gray...THE FUCKEN WALL IS WHITE! thats not the only problem i have, its also hard to find the erasers, i cant take them from teachers cause now all the teachers use the expo styrofome (i cant spell) erasers. any suggustions dont hesitate

what im looking for arnt the inks, just the markers. i dont wanna use any old mops for my ink recipe so i was hoping people would know where i could get just the mop. an industrian site that sells just empty comtainers. maybe im just dreaming. what do other people use for their mops.

and another question, does anyone use round tipped nibs, besides shoe plolish bullshit?

Originally posted by shitmop-1$

CANDY ISN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN JUST MAKE AT HOME. what the fuck.

plus a good majority of the people on this thread would not know about candy if they are not from sf. candy is shity on every thing. but it works for one thing, staining panels.

could u tell me were to get candy at

Originally posted by earo 35

the same thing happened to me the other day. i was taggin and i got up on one of the urinals( because the only wall is really high, every thing else is tile) the the glue came off and it spilled all over the urinals and the floor and the my shoes(i got new ones) then i went to school today and the whole thing is still there (you can see bleach marks from the custodian tryin to buff it) i hate the custudian the worst part is that hes cheap. the other day i bombed a wall and he didnt have any other color primer other than a dark gray...THE FUCKEN WALL IS WHITE! thats not the only problem i have, its also hard to find the erasers, i cant take them from teachers cause now all the teachers use the expo styrofome (i cant spell) erasers. any suggustions dont hesitate

judging from your posts, the only thing you've been writing on is schools... :nope:

• Like 1

Originally posted by fuck muni

its a secret....but i can tell you if your mom gives me a blowjob

a fucking well kept one at that.

the only things i know about it is that it smells like candy (passengers don't object to the fumes of sweet candy...), it kills the insides of transit, and it's an SF specialty...

around here where i'm at, no one does stickers or mop shit on the transit, it's strictly scribes.

judging from your posts, the only thing you've been writing on is schools...

schools isnt the only thing i write on, i used to write in my city, but as i said before, i have a lot of problems with the authorities, and i dont get out much from my house. school is the only place i can write in peace.

Re: gentian violet and methylane(sp?) blue

Originally posted by TeezerPHM

i heard you can get methylane blue at a pet store and gentian violet in a store like a pharmacy....if so where would these things be located??

You can find them violet much easier at a science supply store. Most pharmacies carry liquid gentian violet, which is much weaker than the powder.

And as for the allegations that brake fluid melts plastic, I find that very doubtful. Brake fluid COMES in a plastic container, why would it be manufactured in something that would melt ?

As far as personal experience goes, I've put DOT3 Brake Fluid into my mop recipes a couple times and never had a problem.

• Like 1

Re: Re: gentian violet and methylane(sp?) blue

Originally posted by rubbish heap

Wow, made it to page four already.

Aight, here's the deal. You can get Gentian Violet at Walgreens. You have to special order it and pay upfront - I think it's like 6 bucks for some. They don't actually carry it inside the store.

And as for the allegations that brake fluid melts plastic, I find that very doubtful. Brake fluid COMES in a plastic container, why would it be manufactured in something that would melt ?

As far as personal experience goes, I've put DOT3 Brake Fluid into my mop recipes a couple times and never had a problem.

thanks