INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: potas permang

Originally posted by completionz

i was fuckin with tha PP in a garvey fiebings mix and shit started to bubble and the marker got hot as fuck...is this a sign that its working or a sign that it shouldn't be mixed with those products. ive heard it doesnt mix or work with garvey but then i used the pp with straight fiebings and the same thing happened so im wondering??

on another note i think someone said that break fluid and pp in a mix together is pointless.but i was wondering since break fluid makes ink take longer to dry and let the ink sink in deeper and stain. wouldn't it make the affects of pp even better due to the seeping in factor??just wonderin about the psycology behind it.

damn thats a long post, 60f1 or whatever your name is this ones for you know ur shit<---:D

its never bubbled on me, but the marker always get warm. i wouldnt call it hot as fuck, not even hot, but it gets warm.. yeah. i've mixed potassium with garvey, didnt bubble, so i dont know.

Re: Re: potas permang

Originally posted by chumbawumba

its never bubbled on me, but the marker always get warm. i wouldnt call it hot as fuck, not even hot, but it gets warm.. yeah. i've mixed potassium with garvey, didnt bubble, so i dont know.

Well it definately bubbled and maybe didnt get hot as fuck but pretty hot but not quite hot enough to burn

also shit stayed warm for atleast a few hours but i guess thats normal

Originally posted by chumbawumba

newest mix:

otr h2b, black garvey, a touch of crystal violet solution.. not sure on the amounts of each because i just like slopped it in a cup, but its realllly nice.. the shine of h2b, the stain of garvey and crystal violet (i hope.. havent tested it out). its really thin, i think im gonna rock it in a mop.

Throw in a little shellac and a splash of acetone and watch it get almost as much shine as krink...

BTW, from whom did you get that methyl violet? I can't read the full URL on the bottle...

Be seeing you.

PS Back after a downright shit of a workweek -- I didn't have to work Monday, but by Thursday I already had 34 hours. Ouch.

Re: potas permang

Originally posted by completionz

i was fuckin with tha PP in a garvey fiebings mix and shit started to bubble and the marker got hot as fuck...is this a sign that its working or a sign that it shouldn't be mixed with those products. ive heard it doesnt mix or work with garvey but then i used the pp with straight fiebings and the same thing happened so im wondering??

on another note i think someone said that break fluid and pp in a mix together is pointless.but i was wondering since break fluid makes ink take longer to dry and let the ink sink in deeper and stain. wouldn't it make the affects of pp even better due to the seeping in factor??just wonderin about the psycology behind it.

damn thats a long post, 60f1 or whatever your name is this ones for you know ur shit<---:D

OK, you're getting a chemical reaction that basically shouldn't be happening. I doubt if it would really do any good. We've covered the fact that permanganate doesn't dissolve in alcohol and my experience with glycols echoes Rubbish's. The best choice with permanganate is to take a given volume of acetone -- say, half a pint or sommat. Then, dissolve some PP in it. Keep on putting in PP until no more will dissolve in the acetone. May take days... Now, you've got some "super acetone" to add to your ink. Plus, the acetone will bind polar solvents and keep everything mixed. I wouldn't use more than 25% in anything because acetone loves to eat plastic...

PP doesn't have to seep into a surface to mar it. It works by oxidising the surface. Actually, if you had your PP suspended in DOT-3 it probably wouldn't work as well, because the PP couldn't oxidise the ground. I maintain, together is useless -- use one or the other.

Be seeing you.

Re: CAR PAINT?

Originally posted by hot niks

HAS ANYONE USED CAR PAINT IN ANYTHING OR MIXED IT WIT SOMETHING....... ITS PRETTY THICK

I've used car paint, but only because a buddy of mine had a paint booth and he would throw me his leftovers. That shit is hella expensive -- like more expensive than 1-Shot or Ronan even. I thinned it with some turpentine and Stoddard, just like normal. Treat it just like you would sign painter's paint.

Some of it is fairly translucent, so you might need to add some neutral (white) base to it so that you'll get opaque colour.

Be seeing you.

Originally posted by Adernaline

my garvey nero & methyl violet is enough for me ;)

You don't even really need to add the methyl violet to this because Garvey is a methyl violet ink. I rock a Garvey/Nero mix all the time and I love it. Even half and half mixes of it look great. Got an OTR160 with that mix in my pocket right now, along with my Leeho full of basic black and a fluor yellow Sakura Solid. Standard equipment, yo.

Be seeing you.

We've covered the fact that permanganate doesn't dissolve in alcohol and my experience with glycols echoes Rubbish's.

then i've wasted a shitload of this stuff :o

Throw in a little shellac and a splash of acetone and watch it get almost as much shine as krink...

alright, i'll look into trying that.

and i got my methyl violet from the chemsavers, inc. store on ebay.

Originally posted by 6OF1

You don't even really need to add the methyl violet to this because Garvey is a methyl violet ink. I rock a Garvey/Nero mix all the time and I love it. Even half and half mixes of it look great. Got an OTR160 with that mix in my pocket right now, along with my Leeho full of basic black and a fluor yellow Sakura Solid. Standard equipment, yo.

Be seeing you.

damn you packed uh..

i have a question for 60f1 here, i read your recipe a few pages back and it sounds deadly but is it a lot better than these inks you can buy? eg: nero, corio,garvey? does it stain and show through buff paint better than these other inks? is it better than the garvey/nero mix? sorry to bombard you with questions but i just want to make sure i'm going to get an excellent ink before i track down some of the suppplys to make it. thanks

Originally posted by rinse

destroya:

are you saying that nero/garvey isnt all that hot?

what colors of nero and garvey did you use?

fades quick why, exposure to sun?

is it a glossy, opaque mix or more of a flat finish ink?

...i have no more questions at this time.;)

1- precisely.

2- black nero, violet garvey.

3 - yeah.

4 - when applied, it's glossy and transparent.

Originally posted by rinse

so ah, destroya...

your word carries heavy currency with me, you may be talking me out of getting some nero.

what mix ratio did you use with that batch?

do you suppose garvey and marsh might be less transparent?

1- i appreciate that.

2 - i've tried 2:2, 2:1, and 3:1, both ways. no good.

3 - yeah definitely.