INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by Drunk Sober

i've always had good markers. but lately I've been making my own. So I know griffin is cool to use, but I want to know why rit is shit. Is it easy to buff? Does it come out all bubbley? The bottle says it stains plastic. I'm just not getting this.

RIT is a Fabric Dye.. for clothing.. stains nothing other then clothes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey

im just trying to make a simple white/light colored something to stick in a mop. ive been working with kilz exterior and thinner mostly, but it seems that the kilz is too thick to drip, but when i thin it, its too thin to cover. any ideas? maybe i just need a different kind of paint?

also, i had the kilz in a plastic peanut butter jar. i looked at it today, and the lid is all warped, looks like it got sucked inward. its just straight kilz. wtf

lastly, anyone added linseed oil to their mix? seems to make it dry really really slow...

Guys, I got some bukcet paint today and mixed everything up 1/4 thinner 3/4 paint etc... all went well i added some brak fluid only a small touch. I poured it into my OTR and realised the nib was black from the previous colour so i soaked it in water then in turps then again in water then in white spirit. I then slapped it back into my mazrker with some white spirit still in it. The yellow doesnt seem to be flowing into the nib though is this cause of the white spirit?. Or is it to thick? it seems runny enough, i made it so it's about as runny as milk.

Is their anything i can look for to make sure it's runny enough?

thanks for the help guys.

potas permang

i was fuckin with tha PP in a garvey fiebings mix and shit started to bubble and the marker got hot as fuck...is this a sign that its working or a sign that it shouldn't be mixed with those products. ive heard it doesnt mix or work with garvey but then i used the pp with straight fiebings and the same thing happened so im wondering??

on another note i think someone said that break fluid and pp in a mix together is pointless.but i was wondering since break fluid makes ink take longer to dry and let the ink sink in deeper and stain. wouldn't it make the affects of pp even better due to the seeping in factor??just wonderin about the psycology behind it.

damn thats a long post, 60f1 or whatever your name is this ones for you know ur shit<---:D