cool things i used to own...

uglyfe

I always loved my little fisher price barn with all the doors that opned up and those wonderful rounded little people, and animals. The fences were always quite fun to play with too. I vaguely remember having a doll house like that too.

Oh yeah and I use icq not aim. I tried aim for a bit but liked icq better.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hum...Lets see...Oh yes, I used to have a 3 bdrm house, car, 51' big screen tv, mad furniture, 2 rotties, and 4 cats. Now I don't have shit...Oh, but I do still have my iLL Monchhichi DoLL...

------------------

http://communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nIgAAAGIKupHupHsQzRELMABxUldZRGgEmDJnfjXPHZSsSQfD1Tjt9B26jpx5lDHxFrIETJNWOR0'>

Originally posted by Lush:

My mom would systematically go though each room and pick up anything that ever gave us enjoyment an throw it in a bag which she then deposited on the curb. It was usually some small thing that set her off like us leaving a few toys somewhere on the floor or something dumb like that.

Ha Ha, My MoM pulled that shit with me once. Cause my toys where every where (cause I was looking for something for her, that might have ended up in my toy box). Only she made me put all the toys in the garbage bag and take them to the dumpster myself. I cried for weeks. Still to this day (14 years lata) I never forgave her for it.

------------------

http://communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nIgAAAGIKupHupHsQzRELMABxUldZRGgEmDJnfjXPHZSsSQfD1Tjt9B26jpx5lDHxFrIETJNWOR0'>

We had 12 garter snakes, 1 ball python, 3 box turtles, 3 flop eared bunnies, 2 dwarf rabbits, 2 labrodors, 2 outdoor cats, 2 newts, 1 rat, and 2 hamsters.

those guys were the funnest toys. my brother hated me though because i used to play dress up with the dogs. apparently seeing them in too-too's made them less vicious.

I did have some lego's though, and I used to rock out the barbie dream house. Malibu barbie used to come pick everyone up in her hot car and take them to the beach (the bath tub + blue food coloring), then they'd have to run from sharks. Ken would do one too many malibu keg stands (yes, I knew what a keg stand was because my cousin was in college) and hurl all over yellow spandex barbie. she'd get pissed and kick his ass. then everyone laughed at ken. everybody hated ken and his stupid blonde plastic head. ken was always ruining the party.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

Originally posted by nipples-galore:

muscles

your not refering to muscle men are you...the two inch tall one color rubber wrestlers...man i used to have a whole bin of those fucker...great stuff

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Don't sleep:

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/images/arm.jpg'>

I tried eating with this thing once. Failed miserably. Yo, and I remember BriteLite!! I still got that shit around here, and every once in a while I'll find a little colored peg in a random corner of the house.

I had the entire He-Man collection, all dudes, environments, and all vehicles except one. I even had the giant Skeletor spider, which I broke trying to make it walk down the stairs. Also have shitloads of Star Wars stuff... The Ewok village is still in my closet. Let's see... I had Battle Beasts (still haven't quite figured out how the hell wood beats water), lots of M.U.S.C.L.E. guys, the big GI Joe fighter jet (which I always piloted with the white ninja dude, the only GI Joe I liked), trendy board games like Mouse Trap, and every building set imaginable:

-Legos out the ass...

-Capsela

-Robotix

-Tinkertoys

-Construx

Of course, the necessary Tyco R/C car, a Big Wheel, Hot Wheels, etc. I could go on forever. Beer,

El Mamerro

GLOW WORMS!!!! Oh my god I used to love mine (that got thrown out the day dad didn't get our toys before the garbage men did). I saw one a year ago at Toys R Us. I didn't know they still sold them. And El mamerro it's LiteBrite, not BriteLight.

------------------

Uh yeah, that, thanx for clearing that up. I actually noticed it even has a hyphen: Lite-Brite. My box dates 1981, and features two stupid little kids making a clown face. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go check right now if it works.

OH SHIT IT DOES!!! The 20 year-old light bulb still works!! Unfortunately, there's no pegs or templates left. I can't say the same for the Armatron... If that thing worked, I wouldn't even go online. I wouldn't eat. I'd just play with it all day longand do dumb shit like trying to bruch my teeth with it.

Man, you guys mentioned Glo-Worms... For some reason, I had a huge obsession with having a Glo-Worm when I was little, but my mom wouldn't get me one because she said they were for girls. I pestered her enough until she got me a small one, the purple one with the sleeping hat... and then I felt gay, haha. Beer,

El mamerro

i loved litebrite.

glowworms were fresh.

i owned every heman thing around. every character and castle/landscape. and gi joes...... i still play with them.

damn, memories.... i wish i was a kid.

fuck, micro machines... love em.

big rubber wwf wrestlers..... great. (jimmy hart was the shit)

and i think i was the lego king. i have literally boxes of that shit in my garage.

[This message has been edited by T.T Boy (edited 08-29-2001).]

Guest rules for mules

a ghostbusters t-shirt that had a three-d hologram of all of the ghostbusters + slimer right on the front.

lots and lots of comic books. mainly marvel, and mainly x-men.

Originally posted by El Mamerro:

Man, you guys mentioned Glo-Worms... For some reason, I had a huge obsession with having a Glo-Worm when I was little, but my mom wouldn't get me one because she said they were for girls.

El mamerro

That's terrible! My little friends when I was growing up were all boys and we all had glow worms. I want one now.

Do you know what I've noticed? We all had cooler toys growing up in the 80's than the poor kids growing up today do. They have all these tacky electronic, cheap, awful toys. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but if I hit a toy store soon I'll list some.

Also my favorite toy currently is my cookie monster. it came out about 2 1/2 years ago, and it must have been limited edition or something because I haven't seen them in years. Anyway it has this plastic cookie attached around it's neck with a ribbon, and when you put the cookie in his mouth he says one of three things

1:AAaarrr num num num MMMMMmmmmmm DEEE-licious

2:AAaarr num num num Me LOOOVE cookies!

3: Yumm AAaarr num num num A huh huh

and his arms turn around in circles (kinds like he's rubbing his tummy, but out to the sides....). He's the coolest.

------------------

Do you know what I've noticed? We all had cooler toys growing up in the 80's than the poor kids growing up today do. They have all these tacky electronic, cheap, awful toys.

Haha, I bet that's what every generation says about the next generation's toys and ways of having fun. Just like when grandpa said that shows used to be so much better on the radio, and that their favorite toy was a piece of wood they hit stuff with, and how much better it all was than Nintendo or multiple-joint action figures. I kinda agree with you, most of today's toys do suck, but whatever we had as children will always seem better than what other children have when we're adults.

I gotta say the current generation is definitely lacking on the action figure market. We had GI Joe, Transformers, MASK, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, etc. Hasbro was king. Nowadays, there's only Pokemon, and a few years ago, Power Rangers. But there's still a lot of ill shit out there I wish I was a kid to enjoy. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by boogie hands:

Originally posted by nipples-galore:

muscles

your not refering to muscle men are you...the two inch tall one color rubber wrestlers...man i used to have a whole bin of those fucker...great stuff

yeah...thats them. thse things rocked! wierd ass characters

Guest khaotic970

yo a slinky going down the stairs

those little hot wheels cars with a little town with a car wash a mechanic shop..

plastic race tracks the kind you build on the wall but you never could get it...

just some deep thought into the mind

Guest K[O]MEGA

i had a switchblade pocket comb..rememebr those..you press the button istead of a blade it was a hair comb..i remmeber having some octupoOse things you throw on the wall and they climb down they came in kellogs brand cerials like in 85...pOund puppies..the wuzles..they were liek half one animal and half the other..dont sleep on muscle men..them were tight..and those gum cigarretes..you blow out and it shoots powder out...i used to put a scooter wheel in place of my front wheel on my bike..shit was off da hook..ecept you couldnt pedel while you turned or else youll eat shit..

ha ha i love reading all of this shit

yeah micro machines fucking rocked,

i remember the battle beast shit those things were sick same with the muscle man and remember those hotwheels that had panels that would flip over and appear crashed that shit was dope ha ha ha komega those cereal box toys were the fucking shit i rarely see cool shit like that nowadays, rememebr those nerf hoop shit you put behind your door that shit was fucking ill, i used to have a tandy computer a had a shit load of games for it i also remembered some video games that looked like cassette tapes that shit was dope, yeah toys nowadays are to damn bright, neon shit, purple shit, i hate that stuff i liked it better when it was all like dark and evil the only toys i like nowadays are the spawn figures but theyre not as possable as the old figures but they still look cool as fuck. this thread is fucking dope made my day...

Originally posted by K[O]MEGA:

i remmeber having some octupoOse things you throw on the wall and they climb down they came in kellogs brand cerials like in 85

OH SHIT!!! OH SHIT!!! THOSE WERE THE ILLEST!!! Fuck, this thread is bringing out memories I didn't even know I had... More more more!!! Beer,

El Mamerro

Lush, that tricycle thing you were talkin about, did it have big fat blue wheels?

I had one of those..it had starry stickers all over the side. hehe

I also had tons of wierd cheap toys that i got at all the chinese markets.

Thundercats

I knew this one boy that had a huge barbie house and tons of dope my little ponies..it was weird.

i remember having these toys called visionairies with hologram pannels on thier chests it was kind of a he man rip off but it was ill. making tree forts is far and away the greatest thing ever. and then we had fort wars and it usually ended up in a giant brawl. each block would fight the other block pretty much weekly because some one trashed the other fort. and we had spies and shit and we made flour bombs and threw fireworks at each other. oh man that was a blast.

I had the Steve Austin doll, with the removeable bionics in his arm and leg, and you could look through the back of his head to use his bionic vision... I always wanted his arch enemy, the one that came with like 4 faces you could pop on and off, one face was a robot and one was Aurthur Goldman (what was his name? Steve's buddy/boss)...

btw, I looked around, well, not too hard, but I thought we had a book of Ralph Steadman prints, but I don't know where it is... if I find it, I'll scan some pics

------------------

2 Can Sam

I had some of the first lego sets that came out, way before M-tron and Black-Tron...

I had Mask toys and the full semi truck.

Old ass garbage pale kids

I had 10" rubber WWF figures, I still have my andre the giant one and junkyard dog..

Hot wheels

BB Guns

He Man

I had alot of books too that i still wish i had.

Archived