models... not super

When

21 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

this was in south australian Art gallery.

some tripped out troopin' zombie/nazi/ronaldmcdonald/ grimace,steam train/ concentration camp madness.

Figured it belongs here - couldn't get good pics due to the lights.

Chapman Brothers' art

Gnarly detailed diorama!

Edited by Ko SprueOne
apostrophe rules
  • Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 5/1/2022 at 12:22 PM, LUGR said:

Bought this for my friend who is obsessed with models.

FFFEEC2F-98C8-469E-82CA-8E8140D7552B.jpeg

I haven't built this one myself so I looked it up. The wings are designed to articulate like the real thing. Also, plenty of spare parts that will not be used so your friend can add them to his other models

Revell-F-14A-1-48_i9.jpg

Revell-F-14A-1-48_i1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, Ko SprueOne said:

I haven't built this one myself so I looked it up. The wings are designed to articulate like the real thing. Also, plenty of spare parts that will not be used so your friend can add them to his other models

Revell-F-14A-1-48_i9.jpg

Revell-F-14A-1-48_i1.jpg

He said the wings were a major pain in the bass to build so the function but really cool how they operate.

BB4EE6E9-C37D-453A-B752-9E25A221AD71.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The Black and White technique has impressed me so much that I've purchased a B/W paint set to try and achieve this look on a few projects I have in the queue 

B-W_BrideAndGroom.thumb.jpg.fee1bc04ac0ba0b9a9c7aab7359ecb8a.jpg

B-W_Count.thumb.jpg.a354abd3932d7a0c28eab0a4b9112ad9.jpg

B-W_alien.thumb.jpg.8b7719f75fc53f371b51dc6d67350e8d.jpg

B-W_Mummy.thumb.jpg.1ad3207378e805051022d8b6632d86cf.jpg

Also, they're doing forced lighting effect...

Lit_DarkKnight.thumb.jpg.d46ba074cec829b3ed23c7502ba6cf64.jpg

Lit_symbol.thumb.jpg.494c649e50b497737df9207a0b244acc.jpg

pics stolen from the interwebs ...

assumed photographer: Norbert Ossner

WONDERFEST 2022

• Like 3
  • Props 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got into sculpting figures recently, and decided it was time for me to build a diorama. For this, I decided to build a box diorama of the final scene from the opera Pagliacci. 

Little did I know that sculpting and painting 26 figures would be as time consuming as it was. I had decided the scene would take place in the early 1890s, and this meant doing some research on the fashions of the era. 
ttPh2V8.jpg
GTfpYs5.jpg
fGjuAtS.jpg

The final product.
dbcz6er.jpgCzRnhNZ.jpg

This is what the scene looks like without the box around it. 8mmfORC.jpg

Edited by Garethm
  • Like 1
  • Props 5

Holy shit, man. Big props and respect for having the time, patience, and most of all creativity to land on the mark with that type of art. I know all of not a single person who does it. Seen a guy or two over the years that enjoys building out model abandoned buildings but never with the actual figurines and definitely not on this level of detail. Is that just a random hobby you picked up or have you been into other forms of sculpting for a long time? 

Thanks. I started sculpting about a year and a half ago because I began to realize that the figures that were commercially available would never really quite be able to do what I wanted them to do. These were the first two that I sculpted, and I think I've made decent progress since then. 

iUnpGlw.png

@NightmareOnElmStreetI've been a scale modeler for most of my life, mostly painting figures and vehicles. I took up sculpting because it was the only way to branch out into the subject matter that I wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Props 7

Epoxy Putty is my go-to sculpting material. I have both 15 minute and 1 hour on hand. The 15 minute stuff for easy stuff made quick. The 1 hour is for things like hair on a figure. It gives me enough time to fck it up, which I always do, then correct the fck up. 1 hour cure actually means around 48 minutes working time

• Like 2
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...