models... not super

When

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
10 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Do you think these are for countries where they can’t have the knives ?

A brief history:

"Nathan's Knife Kit has been widely adopted as the go-to teaching tool to instill knife safety and responsibility for youth worldwide.

Award winning, Oregon based designer, Glenn Klecker and his son Nathan, developed this wood knife kit as a family crafts project that is not only a great engineering lesson in how a folding knife works, but also a creative woodworking project that can be painted, stained, or drawn on for fun."

From here:

https://www.crkt.com/nathan-s-knife-kit.html

• Like 4
  • Props 1

10 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I’m not sure! I’ll try and check before gifting it. I’m supposed to drop it off today

No worries it's cool. It has no significance to the quality of the kit. I was just curious. Some of Aoshima kits have this option included but not all.

• Like 3

I flipped the 'crime scene' image to try and read the writing on the door. 

_ _ E Baldwin

Private Investigator

And dig that sound studio! So much detail to see. The lighting and photography of both is very Noir as well.

Are these scenes historical or your own designs and stories?

• Like 2

It's Chas E Baldwin. I kind of feel like it's the kind of name that works for the time period and setting.

You're absolutely right about the noir influence. I am a huge fan of the genre. That's a big part of why I got into scratch building. It's the only way to get the figures that you really want. 

Everything was basically made from in those dioramas is scratch built and of my own design. For the recording studio I wanted to emulate the cover artwork that was seen on the late 50s jazz albums designed by Neil S Fujita and Jim Flora. 

Time Out, and Mingus Ah Um, designed by Fujita was my jumping off point here.  I wanted to just barely reach the point of abstraction where you could tell what all the band members did. I based the lineup of the band on Brubeck's band for the recording of Time Out.

Mingus Ah Um - WikipediaDave Brubeck – Time Out | The Skeptical Audiophile

• Props 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...